A Question for Jehovah's Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You give new meaning to the understanding of Joe Biden.... Simply Amazing.

So when it sayd the Word (cap W) was with God and the Word (cap W) was God... you say hewas with Himself....

Well, shucks... no wonder God had to create man with all his flaws.... he just must have been lonely for another like Him.... having made flawed man in His image....
Not sure what that was all about. However, Christiandom has abused capital words for a long time of common words. You attach significance to translators choice of capitalization abuse.

I was taught He/Him was to be capitalized when referring to the Creator. Later additons corrected this error as pronouns are not proper nouns and ought not be capitalized.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree.
Of course you do.
I would think the meaning of "Logos" to a first century Greek writer is more important than the meaning of "Word" today in English.
It is but that is not your point at all. Your point is to introduce a segue AWAY from what a first century Greek writer meant by Logos as affirmed by his purpose statement in 20:31.

If the writers thought in any way that God had literally became incarnate, they would say so. They would not write so that all such "evidence" requires extreme Eisegesis.

Last edited:

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you do.

It is but that is not your point at all. Your point is to introduce a segue AWAY from what a first century Greek writer meant by Logos as affirmed by his purpose in 20:31.
How so? I don't see his purpose shedding much light on what he meany by Logos in his Prologue. And I sure don't want to segue away from the Prologue's meaning!

Lots of Trinitarians read the Prologue as absolutely dispositive and conclusive proof of Trinitarianism (or at least Binitarianism). Well, here is one Trinitarian who disagrees. Please, PLEASE don't lump me in with them! I think they make a fair argument, but it is far from conclusive. (See my Post #1,076.) I find that I cannot be so dogmatic on what John meant. Hence my search for the contextual nuances.