False Doctrine of the "Secret Rapture".

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TribulationSigns

May 1, 2023
Somewhere west of Mississippi River
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The winepress is metaphoric,

Ahhhh.. after you insisted that the book of Revelation must be understood literally. Now you admitted that the winepress is metaphoric?? Gotcha.

but the amount of blood shed is not.

Lol!!! Even the physical blood of all slain won’t be enough. That is not what God takes about!! You need to find out what the blood signifies in scripture. And the purpose of horse’s brides. Geez!!!

You do not comprehend the size of the armies that will gather at that time.

No you do not comprehend God’s word cuz you do not have spiritual discernment what the number 200,000,000 signifies.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, the King James. It's not "bad," or "wrong," of course, but the antiquated language makes it a little harder for our modern ears to understand in places. If you would, consider the ESV or the NASB, which translate this verse respectively as follows:
  • "But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man."
  • "But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man."
If we were to think of this 'escape' as a removal, then Jesus, in Luke 21, would seem to be saying that we somehow remove ourselves (rather than Him removing us in a "rapture"), which is a ridiculous thought. I would say that what Jesus says here is along the same lines as what Paul says (after Jesus's crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension, of course) in Ephesians 6:11-18 ~

"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication."

It could also be closely correlated to what the prophet Joel says, in Joel 2:28-32 ~

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions. Even on the male and female servants in those days I will pour out My Spirit. And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke. The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes. And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those who escape, as the LORD has said, and among the survivors shall be those whom the LORD calls."

Understood. But, The Light, I believe the same about you, my friend.

Maybe, but maybe it only seems so. :)

Um, yes. :)

Grace and peace to you.
Pure 14k baloney

"" ..counted WORTHY to ESCAPE the things about to come upon the world""

ἐκφεύγω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: ekpheugó
Phonetic Spelling: (ek-fyoo'-go)
Definition: to flee away
Usage: I flee out, away, escape

Kataxioo';
to deem worthy
Original Word: καταξιόω
Transliteration: kataxioó
Phonetic Spelling: (kat-ax-ee-o'-o)
Definition: to deem worthy
Usage: I deem (count) worthy

Thank you KJV for properly translating a no brainer.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An even better translation is the Revised English Bible, 1987 Oxford Press.
Luke 21:36 Be on the alert, praying at all times for strength to pass safely through all that is coming.....
This rendering does not contradict the previous verse, which says; that Day will come upon everyone, the whole world over.

Rabid rapturists add to their error by saying; Oh; everyone in the world doesn't mean us, as we will be gone to heaven! Unfortunately, they can provide no scriptural support for such a pretentious belief.
The stupidity of the pre, mid or post rapture controversy, shows what a monstrous lie the whole 'rapture to heaven' idea really is.
BIBLE BUTCHERY big time.
14k baloney
"" ..counted WORTHY to ESCAPE the things about to come upon the world""

ἐκφεύγω
Transliteration: ekpheugó
Phonetic Spelling: (ek-fyoo'-go)
Definition: to flee away
Usage: I flee out, away, escape

Kataxioo';
to deem worthy
Original Word: καταξιόω
Transliteration: kataxioó
Phonetic Spelling: (kat-ax-ee-o'-o)
Definition: to deem worthy
Usage: I deem (count) worthy

Thank you KJV for properly translating a no brainer

So sad
Doctrines that REQUIRE changing Gods Word.
I am appalled