Harrison Butker 2024 Commencement Address

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Mr. Butker is a Catholic. He delivered the commencement address this year at Benedictine College, a Catholic institution of higher learning.

A Catholic to Catholic delivery.

He’s taking a lot of heat for the content of his speech. I wanted to find out why.

I’m not a Catholic, but I watched and listened to him speak. I would encourage others - Catholic and non-Catholic alike - to listen to what he had to say.

As a non-Catholic, there are things which he says that aren’t relevant to me and things that are.

I agree with much of what he said and I understand now why he’s taking heat for it. I applaud him for the stance that he took. Well done.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Mr. Butker also landed hard on some Catholic leaders, whom he did not identify by name in his address. It will be interesting to see what the fallout will be from Catholic Church officials and Catholic laity.

This is a man who is exhibiting the courage of his convictions.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“TALE OF TWO CHIEFS

Travis Kelce chugged a Beer at Graduation encouraging the graduates to party and drink alcohol

Harrison Butker encouraged graduates to get married and start a family

Travis was praised by the media

Harrison was ridiculed

In a world of Travis Kelce’s, be a Harrison Butker”

Reactions: Chains Broken

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Mr. Butker also landed hard on some Catholic leaders, whom he did not identify by name in his address. It will be interesting to see what the fallout will be from Catholic Church officials and Catholic laity.

This is a man who is exhibiting the courage of his convictions.

A savage response from National Catholic Reporter (NCR).

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Prominent Catholics are voicing their support for Kansas City Chiefs’ kicker Harrison Butker after he delivered a commencement address to graduating students at Benedictene College on May 11 that touched on hot-button issues, causing outrage among left-leaning media and commentators. …

Butker’s local ordinary, Bishop James Johnston of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph … ‘I support Mr. Butker’s right to share his faith and express his opinions - including those that are critical of bishops,’ he said.

… another high-profile Catholic, Marian priest and author … Father Donald Calloway, MIC, said, ‘I loved the speech!

’His speech was inspiring and what the woke culture needs to hear. He exhibited real, authentic Catholic manhood. Good for him. I have no problem with anything he said. I wish more said it, especially clergy. …’

Bishop Joseph Strickland … said that ‘it is no surprise that some are reacting with extreme negativity, too many today hate the truth and merely want “their” truth, which is not truth at all. You are in my prayers.’

President of the Catholic League Bill Donohue wrote in a statement on Thursday that Butker “nailed it” during comments in his speech.

’His courage and his commitment to Catholicism is laudatory,’ Donahue wrote. ‘A heralded Catholic football player defends traditional moral values at a Catholic college - how novel - and within no time he’s being bashed all over the place. Had he endorsed transgenderism, or Hamas, he would now be praised to high heaven.’

Kristin Hawkins, a Catholic and president of the pro-life group Students for Life of America, wrote of the speech online: “If you watch one video today, this should be it.” …”