How Do You Bear Witness Counts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of believers will speak of their commitment and their dedication to the Lord, but His words does testify against that kind of witnessing when the believer seeks the praise of men.

John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

John 7:18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Proverbs 20:6Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?

Proverbs 27:1Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.2 Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.

To be His disciple is to testify of the Son in seeking His glory. That is what sinners and even other believers need to hear... your faith in Him and His promises to you in helping you live the christian life.

1 Corinthians 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

So ask the Lord Jesus Christ in helping you to be a better witness for Him in seeking His glory because the only witness that will be heard in Heaven is the one you give of Him down here.

I testify that I used to do the best I can in keeping my commitment to follow Christ, and I kept failing miserably. I was like a yo yo, asking the Lord for forgiveness and help, and then in showing my appreciation for His help, I went right back to doing the best I can in following Him and then failing again... until He led me to realize that He wants me to rely on Him all the time... to live only by faith in Him and all His promises to me for living as His.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

So thanks to Him as my Good Shepherd, I follow Him by faith which is why I can rest in Him. I deny myself as being able to follow Him, and by picking up the cross daily, I identify with Christ having been crucified in that it is not I who live but Christ Who lives in me...thus picking up the cross daily and I live by faith in the Son of God of Whom is how I can follow Him.

So please avoid testifying of your commitments, dedications, promises, and vows because that is not testifying to standing fast in the liberty that Christ has set us free and not entangling yourselves in a yoke of bondage, now is it? You cannot claim Galatians 5:1 as part of your testimony regarding Him, can you? So ask Jesus to forgive you of your sin of being a false witness, and He will set you free to rest in Him & His promises to you in helping you to follow Him as we can only follow Him by faith anyway if we seek to please Him.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Hebrews 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. 3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world......9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. 12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Shouldn't sinners as well as believers see why we place all our hopes in Christ Jesus for all things?

Psalm 19:12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.....8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Psalm 33:18 Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;19 To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.20 Our soul waiteth for the Lord: he is our help and our shield.21 For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.22 Let thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in thee

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Reactions: Josho

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preach the gospel always; use words if necessary

Amen.

John 3:28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Reactions: aspen
Jan 19, 2017
USA, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try to bear witness by being kind, I smile at people when I am out, hold doors open for people, especially if they are elderly, be patient with elderly people, I let people pass by me, try not to bump into anyone, let someone else walk in front of me. I say hello, good morning, how is your day? I smile at children, put up with it when they are crying or screaming, I help my parents out with cleaning the house and watering the yard. I would like to volunteer some place, I am not sure where and what to do. I could volunteer helping animals, or the environment, or people, either children or the elderly. I'll have to think. I talk to people at my art class, but most of the time I am quiet because I am concentrating on my painting.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try to bear witness by being kind, I smile at people when I am out, hold doors open for people, especially if they are elderly, be patient with elderly people, I let people pass by me, try not to bump into anyone, let someone else walk in front of me. I say hello, good morning, how is your day? I smile at children, put up with it when they are crying or screaming, I help my parents out with cleaning the house and watering the yard. I would like to volunteer some place, I am not sure where and what to do. I could volunteer helping animals, or the environment, or people, either children or the elderly. I'll have to think. I talk to people at my art class, but most of the time I am quiet because I am concentrating on my painting.

Yes, they will know that we are christians by our love, and part of showing that love also includes preaching the Good News to others as He leads. So trust in Him to help you be ready in giving an answer to any that should ask of your hope.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is it to follow me? What does that look like in your, my, our daily lives? Every thing you said is fine and right. But what is our part. Holding doors and all the nice things are the very bottom of the ladder and require zero faith. What do we all do that jesus wants us to do. I already had one guy say I do nothing unless told to by God. I believe we have already been told what to do. So what are we to do or what do you all do on a daily basis for Jesus that the unbelivers dont do. Because they are also doing the door holding sharing helping etc. So there is no difference between the believer and unbeliever.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it to follow me? What does that look like in your, my, our daily lives? Every thing you said is fine and right. But what is our part. Holding doors and all the nice things are the very bottom of the ladder and require zero faith. What do we all do that jesus wants us to do. I already had one guy say I do nothing unless told to by God. I believe we have already been told what to do. So what are we to do or what do you all do on a daily basis for Jesus that the unbelivers dont do. Because they are also doing the door holding sharing helping etc. So there is no difference between the believer and unbeliever.

Unbelievers do not preach the Good News of Jesus Christ out of love for others' eternity. That is the only thing unbelievers do not care to do.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Unbelievers do not preach the Good News of Jesus Christ out of love for others' eternity. That is the only thing unbelievers do not care to do.
That was not my question. The questions were.
What is it to follow me?
What does that look like
What does that look like in your, my, our daily lives?
But what is our part.
What do we all do that jesus wants us to do.
So what are we to do or what do you all do on a daily basis for Jesus that the unbelivers dont do.

Yes there all pretty close to each other and amount to the same thing. I never asked what unbelivers dont do. I am really getting at what Christians dont do.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it to follow me? What does that look like in your, my, our daily lives? Every thing you said is fine and right. But what is our part. Holding doors and all the nice things are the very bottom of the ladder and require zero faith. What do we all do that jesus wants us to do. I already had one guy say I do nothing unless told to by God. I believe we have already been told what to do. So what are we to do or what do you all do on a daily basis for Jesus that the unbelievers don't do. Because they are also doing the door holding sharing helping etc. So there is no difference between the believer and unbeliever.

There is no 'bottom of the ladder' concerning the believers obedience to and in their walk with Christ. You say 'bottom of the ladder' and it 'require zero faith'. Who made you the one to determine the amount of faith required by the believer? That is between them and the one they follow, Jesus Christ.

Just because one doesn't measure up to your self proclaimed degree of faith, doesn't mean what they were doing was not in obedience to Christ. And if it is in obedience to Christ, then who are you to question it.

It doesn't matter if an unbeliever can open a door, or share or help. What matters is, that the one doing is doing it because they believe it is what God wants them to do. An unbeliever can quite smoking cigarettes for any reason. A believer quits because he believes God wants him to. Which one is God pleased with?

Have your walk with Christ. Don't trivialize anothers.

How interesting that David was quite willing to be a doorkeeper. (Ps.84:10) "...I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness." And he was a man after God's own heart.

Each believer has their own relationship with Jesus Christ. And what Christ does with one He may well not do with another. (John 21:21-22) "Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? Jesus saith unto him, if I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. "

Stranger

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is no 'bottom of the ladder' concerning the believers obedience to and in their walk with Christ. You say 'bottom of the ladder' and it 'require zero faith'.

See you need to read and, not jump in, looking for fault. No point in that.
One it takes no faith none zero zilch to open a door. Its basic courtsey. we teach our children these basic things and it requires no faith what so ever. Think that is simple enough. But you seem to be struggling with it. See now yYOU arwe bring in something I NEVER SAID. please dont do that. I never saidthese basic thing are about obeideince to and there walk with God. THAT was you . You need to stop that childish behaviour.

Who made you the one to determine the amount of faith required by the believer?

Where did I say this thing you falsely accuse me off. Once again you are acting childish.

That is between them and the one they follow, Jesus Christ.
Just because one doesn't measure up to your self proclaimed degree of faith, doesn't mean what they were doing was not in obedience to Christ. And if it is in obedience to Christ, then who are you to question it.

My my more of the same false accusations. I asked some very clear question and if you are hurt by that. I would say you need to get waht you accused Joshua of. You need to get thicker skin. and use your own advice. I am more than intitled to ask a very civil and challanging question. If you dont like it then go report me to the admin, if you think it is breacking any tos.

It doesn't matter if an unbeliever can open a door, or share or help. What matters is, that the one doing is doing it because they believe it is what God wants them to do. An unbeliever can quite smoking cigarettes for any reason. A believer quits because he believes God wants him to. Which one is God pleased with?
Once again you are missing for some reason that bewilders me. I am not talking about believers. But you missed that even though I have said it twice now. Please stay on the topic.
Have your walk with Christ. Don't trivialize anothers.
I asked very simple questions that you are offended by. No one is making you join in. I would say grow up and lets try and have a mature disccusion on some very important questions.

How interesting that David was quite willing to be a doorkeeper. (Ps.84:10) "...I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness." And he was a man after God's own heart.
I am glad you find that interesting. Trivia might be where you would find something more fulfilling and less offencive.

Each believer has their own relationship with Jesus Christ. And what Christ does with one He may well not do with another.

Isn't that strange that you would totally contradict what God says. God says, what He will do for one. He will do for another. See if you looking up your bible to pull a brother down you will fall flat on you little hienny, as you guys call it?

(John 21:21-22) "Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? Jesus saith unto him, if I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. "

Ahh the old scripture out of context and make it fit what ever routine.

Listen dont be so hurt and offended. I asked people some simple questions let them answer and stop the sillyness please.

I think the problem is the questions are far to challanging for you. I dont think very many will answer then. I could probably take a guess at the ones who will and the ones who wont. In the very shor time I have been here.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sword

See your post #6. I quoted directly.

I wasn't giving any false accusations. I was giving you some advice. I am not interested in reporting you. I am interested in proving that you don't know what you're talking about. So, I ask you, if a believer is opening a door in obedience to Christ, who are you to say that is nothing? Which is what you said.

If God is the one wanting the believer to open the door, and He makes that known to this certain believer, then they are acting in faith to God in opening the door. I realize that for you, opening the door is far beneath you, you of such great faith. Yet I can assure you, God is pleased with that believer that did so in faith.

And their obedience to God in doing this is all about their walk with God. How can it not be. But you count it as "zero". Why, because you are so 'superior' in faith. So you believe.

You ask where did you say that you were determining the faith required by the believer? See your post #6. Very clear. "zero". And who are you to tell any believer, 'zero'?

I'm not hurt. Ask what you want. And I can ask you what I want. Which is what I am doing. I'm not interested in reporting you. I'm interested in revealing who you are. Does that scare you? Are you going to report me? Are you going to have the thread locked? Doesn't matter. It won't go away.

I haven't missed anything. You were talking about a believer who exercised, in your opinion, 'zero' faith. Crawfishing now? Yeller, now?

I have grown up. I am wondering why you trivialize another believers relationship to God and Christ? Making you, 'superior'?

You ignore that David was willing to be a doorkeeper. Why? Because that is beneath you who are of such great faith. You, who detest what David would be happy to be for his Lord. And yet David is a man after God's own heart. What does that make you?

You say I contradict God, yet you offer nothing to support. So, prove I contradict God by the Scriptures.

You say I take (John 21:21-22) out of context. But then you do nothing to show how I did. Why? Because I didn't. It speaks to the very subject we are talking about. And what is that? It is you thinking you know the will of God for every believer and elevate your so called faith above other believers.

And, my questions are to you. Not to others. My statements are to you. Not to others. Scared? Are you trying to enlist the help of others? Can you stand alone? We will see.

Stranger

Last edited:

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sword

See your post #6. I quoted directly.

I wasn't giving any false accusations. I was giving you some advice. I am not interested in reporting you. I am interested in proving that you don't know what you're talking about. So, I ask you, if a believer is opening a door in obedience to Christ, who are you to say that is nothing? Which is what you said.

If God is the one wanting the believer to open the door, and He makes that known to this certain believer, then they are acting in faith to God in opening the door. I realize that for you, opening the door is far beneath you, you of such great faith. Yet I can assure you, God is pleased with that believer that did so in faith.

And their obedience to God in doing this is all about their walk with God. How can it not be. But you count it as "zero". Why, because you are so 'superior' in faith. So you believe.

You ask where did you say that you were determining the faith required by the believer? See your post #6. Very clear. "zero". And who are you to tell any believer, 'zero'?

I'm not hurt. Ask what you want. And I can ask you what I want. Which is what I am doing. I'm not interested in reporting you. I'm interested in revealing who you are. Does that scare you? Are you going to report me? Are you going to have the thread locked? Doesn't matter. It won't go away.

I haven't missed anything. You were talking about a believer who exercised, in your opinion, 'zero' faith. Crawfishing now? Yeller, now?

I have grown up. I am wondering why you trivialize another believers relationship to God and Christ? Making you, 'superior'?

You ignore that David was willing to be a doorkeeper. Why? Because that is beneath you who are of such great faith. You, who detest what David would be happy to be for his Lord. And yet David is a man after God's own heart. What does that make you?

You say I contradict God, yet you offer nothing to support. So, prove I contradict God by the Scriptures.

You say I take (John 21:21-22) out of context. But then you do nothing to show how I did. Why? Because I didn't. It speaks to the very subject we are talking about. And what is that? It is you thinking you know the will of God for every believer and elevate your so called faith above other believers.

And, my questions are to you. Not to others. My statements are to you. Not to others. Scared? Are you trying to enlist the help of others? Can you stand alone? We will see.

Stranger
My this thing is growing arms and legs. I already asked questions of you and anyone who would like to answer for them selves.
You clearly dont want to answer any of my questions. But have the neck to come and ask me.
So you keep your questions for me to your self until you can answer mine like adults do. You are trying to make a mountian out of a mole hill.
I think every thing you wrote is so child like and exposed here. That even a satanist exposed you childish like walk with Christ.
I could not believe what I was reading that tripp posted and exposed you. Ever since I first came here All I saw from you was sarchasim. Towards anyone you thought deserverd it. as if you were the sites protector. Anyways. Soon as you answer my question and talk like an adult with out adding all the nonsense. I will answer you.
I am also Called David. I also was a door keeper. I also on my knees pray for Gods heart. And it is not far away. You need to die to self. And mature or grow up in English. And you did contradict scripture I gave you it and you never even recognised it.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My this thing is growing arms and legs. I already asked questions of you and anyone who would like to answer for them selves.
You clearly dont want to answer any of my questions. But have the neck to come and ask me.
So you keep your questions for me to your self until you can answer mine like adults do. You are trying to make a mountian out of a mole hill.
I think every thing you wrote is so child like and exposed here. That even a satanist exposed you childish like walk with Christ.
I could not believe what I was reading that tripp posted and exposed you. Ever since I first came here All I saw from you was sarchasim. Towards anyone you thought deserverd it. as if you were the sites protector. Anyways. Soon as you answer my question and talk like an adult with out adding all the nonsense. I will answer you.
I am also Called David. I also was a door keeper. I also on my knees pray for Gods heart. And it is not far away. You need to die to self. And mature or grow up in English. And you did contradict scripture I gave you it and you never even recognised it.

All your questions in post #6 were answered in post #9. (John 21:22) "...what is that to thee? follow thou me."

Prove I contradict God by the Scriptures.

Prove your accusation that the Scriptures I used are out of context.

Stranger

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm........

It may be best to see if even a believer can take credit for believing in Jesus Christ. Granted, the Lord knows who seeks Him from those that prefer their evil deeds, but still, I read in His words that our believing in Him is a work of God too. Here are the verses as to why I believe that.

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

So the Father reveals His Son to those that seek; and the religiously obedient of willpower & the flesh are drawn by the Father to only surrender to His revelation in seeing the Son to believe in Him. That is why little children are free to come to Him for all they can do is trust the Lord at His word.

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Another reference is..

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day......44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

A lot of believers give that sole credit of drawing sinners to the Son ONLY to the Holy Spirit, but scripture ONLY gives that credit to the Father, but I digress. The point here is that even our believing in Jesus Christ is a work of God. The Father reveals His son to those He knows that seek Him and He does not reveal His Son to those He knows prefers their evil deeds rather than come to Him to be delivered from them as testified below by Him.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

So that is how we were saved "behind the scenes" by God the Father drawing us unto the Son to reveal His Son to us so we can believe in Him.

It takes zero effort on our part in that respect because we needed the Father to draw us to the Son to reveal His Son to us so we could believe in Him. It is the religious that has a hard time ceasing from their works to rest in Him for eternal life by just simply believing in Him.

But there is a response to believe, which is hardly counted as zero in that resoect since we shall be judged by that response by continuing to believe in Him in living that reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd, and not just as our Saviour by Whom has reconciled us to God.

So obeying the gospel is to believe and keep on believing, even relying on Him to help you keep on believing especially when strong doubts and despair has arisen. Let nothing divide your hope in Jesus Christ for all things; that you are saved and that He will personally help you to follow Him because He promised us that He is with us always, as One walking us through this valley of death to fear no evil.

So our believing can be seen as zero effort on our part when it comes to how we are saved from behind the scenes but yet God calls us to continue to believe which we all need His help in when the storms of our lives take our eyes off of Him wherein we should respond by asking Jesus to help us believe; and He would even do that too.

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

So whenever we come across a struggling believer, or a backsliding one that refuses to repent because sin has a grip on him or her, do not look to that believer to get "serious" by making a recommitment to follow Christ or whatever you look to the believer to be serious about in willpower and teh religious flesh when no matter how much the spirit is willing, teh flesh is weak, therefore whatever is impossible with men, is possible with God. Tell the struggling believer and the backsliding believer to look to Jesus Christ and believe in Him to help them through their trials for He is in them and is with them always to get them through this valley of death by faith in Him & all His promises to us alone. So the response is to continue to believe in Him to even help them continue to believe in Him as faith is a fruit of the Spirit given by Jesus Christ.

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: 7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. 8 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. 9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Hebrews 11:1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.2 For by it the elders obtained a good report....6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

So when we look to others whether it be because they are struggling or that they be backsliding, let us NOT place confidence in their flesh or in their willpower to get serious to obey Him in following Him when the only real call for them and us, is to obey Him by believing in Him so we can follow Him, and sometimes we even need His help with that too. If we are looking to Christ Jesus all the time to help us, then we should be pointing other believers in that same direction for help for all things, & not be hypocritical or condemning about it.

This also pertains to how we witness. Do we point to ourselves and to others to get serious, or do we point to Jesus Christ and testify how serious He is in helping us to follow Him especially after having saved us?

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All your questions in post #6 were answered in post #9. (John 21:22) "...what is that to thee? follow thou me."

Prove I contradict God by the Scriptures.

Prove your accusation that the Scriptures I used are out of context.

Stranger
No they were answered in your mind. Take the questions and answer them individualy please and thank you/ Other wise we have nothing to say.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So is anyone willimg to answer the questions I asked. Like I said I dont think so. Thanks for a big post JIF. Not sure who thats all directed at although I did see the zero word that has no bearing on anything I said.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And what Christ does with one He may well not do with another.
Here is the contradiction.
God said what He will do for one He will do for another. He never said "He may do for another other." He said he will. Thats the contradiction of God you were looking for. The word may do is you saying that God never said it. Think that is fairly clear.

I am interested in proving that you don't know what you're talking about.

Totally pointless me trying to show you how you are out of context. You have you mind set against me. You will not listen to anything I say. You never once said I got anything correct. In fact you told me how you can prove I know what I am talking about :) To funny.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the contradiction.
God said what He will do for one He will do for another. He never said "He may do for another other." He said he will. Thats the contradiction of God you were looking for. The word may do is you saying that God never said it. Think that is fairly clear.

Totally pointless me trying to show you how you are out of context. You have you mind set against me. You will not listen to anything I say. You never once said I got anything correct. In fact you told me how you can prove I know what I am talking about :) To funny.

How about some Scripture?

I would have a hard time proving that.

Stranger

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How about some Scripture?

I would have a hard time proving that.

Stranger
What you dont know the scripture?
Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth and said, “In truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons
James 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
I understand why you would have a hard job provong that.
How about some scripture for yours? Where did God say "He may do for some"

PS Guessing your gonna pass on the hard questions ?