Prayed & didn't like the answer I received?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So I'm torn between which church to go for to seek baptism, either LDS Mormon or CofE where they're currently recruiting a new vicar as all the others in my parish are homosexual or female vicars and not for me. I prayed and asked God to send me either a mormon missionary or hire a straight male into this specific church and I will go with whichever he puts before me. A week later I received a Jehovahs Witness card through the door with contact details on to the gentleman who posted it. Talk about throwing a curveball! I'll be honest the JW faith is far from my cup of tea and I don't want to contact them, I feel bad though as I asked to be shown, I have been and well I don't like it. On the other hand I'm wondering if actually God is playing a joke on me, knowing I wouldn't want to go JW to make it abundantly clear that actually I do know which church I actually want deep down and didn't need to ask such a silly question / request, and it actually confirms more of the church I was actually leaning towards which FYI is the LDS Mormon church.
I know God works in mysterious ways, but what's everyones take on this? No offense to any JWs on here its just not for me.
With so many leaving (escaping) the institutional religious system...you seem eager to join it. Are there no disciples where you are? Look for those who are living out their faith. Get baptized among them. :)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With so many leaving (escaping) the institutional religious system...you seem eager to join it. Are there no disciples where you are? Look for those who are living out their faith. Get baptized among them. :)
their faith IN JESUS CHRIST , their faith and trust in the fact YE MUST BELIEVE IN HIM to be saved .
but never once get dunked by a man who says and or implies otherwise . cause no anti christ is gonna dunk me
if one dont even know the true gospel of BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST
but rather teaches another gospel that allows the sin of unbeleif to reign , NEVER ONCE SIT UNDER THEM
and never once be baptized of them . lets keep that in mind shall we .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My God is not a book or manmade doctrines. My God is the living God who extended prevenant Grace to a wretched soul like me.
GOD is not a BOOK . true this is . but what many now call GOD
sure seems to be contradicting the truth IN the BIBLE . and thus that means something . It means
they now follow another god who has come in and decieved this people into believing they serve THE GOD
when in fact they be a serving this other god . AND ITS A UNIFYER of all faiths and religoins and tribes . ONLY
it aint unifying them as one under GOD but rather as one under he who desired and has always
desired to be AS GOD . just like the peoples who sit under it desire . the unholy god of the mirror
the god who twists the scrips unto destruction and feeds its peoples flesh the desires of their own hearts .
To mold an image of GOD that serves what they like best . ONLY , IT AINT GOD . What i say to one
i say to all , IT AINT GOD . NOW GET a face full of some bible and be refreshed in them pages .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOD is not a BOOK . true this is . but what many now call GOD
sure seems to be contradicting the truth IN the BIBLE .
This is not that complicated.
  1. She prayed for a sign.
  2. She received a sign.
That she did not like where the sign pointed is irrelevant. Jonah did not like the sign of being pointed to Nineveh to tell them Judgement is at hand.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not that complicated.
  1. She prayed for a sign.
  2. She received a sign.
That she did not like where the sign pointed is irrelevant. Jonah did not like the sign of being pointed to Nineveh to tell them Judgement is at hand.
try answering the actual question .
MANY folks often pray for a sign and whatever was revealed unto them was exactly WHAT THEIR HEART WANTED .
YOU DO realize that do happen quite a lot .
SO back to the orignal question and statement .
I said , as did you , that GOD is not a book .
BUT THEN said a very simple truth , that YE DID NOT WANT TO HEAR nor to recieve and thus answered me with this .
SO lets say it again shall we .
GOD is not a book . YET TODAY i seem to see many following a god they THINK BE GOD
and yet that god be speaking , telling and a saying things CONTRARY TO TRUTH IN THE SCRIPTURE .
CONTRARY to what JESUS HIMSELF said in the gospels
CONTRARY to what paul and others taught in the letters .
CONTRARY TO THE LAW , TO THE PROPHETS , TO GOD and to HIS CHRIST .
The wind blows indeed my friend
but so does the breath of the dragon . and what many think is the winds of the spirit
is naught but the gusts of the dragon and his men .
TIME TO BIBLE UP .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OP asked the actual question - not you. And there is no question (mark) to be seen in your post.

Do I? With respect to you, it is because you seem to make the same post no matter the OP topic.
cause you never seem to repent of your love of the idea that muslims and others be serving the same GOD we do .
TIME to hear you say , or at least for me to see you type out these words .
I , wrangler , recongize , realize and acknowledge that all other religoins are of the dragon
they cannot save but only will grave all who loved and believed their lies and lie .
TIME for me to hear you say , OR AT LEAST TYPE
that it simply dont matter if one is jewish or gentile born , IF THEY WONT BELEIVE JESUS IS THE CHRIST
they are of ANTI CHRIST . and again i can bring scrip to prove that .
TIME for me to see you make a stand agaisnt bridge builders , finding common ground
this false love that has come of the world and tries so hard to claim its of GOD . WHEN IT AINT .
AND TIS TIME for me to see or at least hear of you getting a face full of SOME BIBLE READING AGAIN FOR YOUR OWN SELF .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cause you never seem to repent of your love of the idea that muslims and others be serving the same GOD we do .
How about you stop trying to be my conscience?

In addition, how about you stop chasing this from threat to thread? Your attempt to justify yourself failed. This thread is about a prayer another poster made but she didn't like the answer. It's not about me or whatever idea you got in your head about Muslims and Allah.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about you stop trying to be my conscience?

In addition, how about you stop chasing this from threat to thread? Your attempt to justify yourself failed. This thread is about a prayer another poster made but she didn't like the answer. It's not about me or whatever idea you got in your head about Muslims and Allah.
i aint you conscious . but if its being pricked , TAKE HEED pardner .
ITS NOT a sin to remind folks , specially those IN ERROR , to repent of said error .
I have an idea . BRING SOME SCRIPTURE TO PROVE ME WRONG . how about it wrangler .
YOu go into the BIBLE , oops i said the B word , and you bring some scrips to PROVE ME WRONG .
Now i wont be holding my breath .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but i suppose its much easier to hit the IGNORE button
than to simply PICK UP the BIBLE to show someone where they might be wrong .
THIS happens ALL THE TIME . but i say , for their sake , DONT BE so fast to just hit the ignore button
rather hit the READ THY BIBILE FOR ONESELF BUTTON and then come and let us reason together .

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1 Tim. 2:11-12 says: “A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.”
It's a hard thing for a man to bear when uneducated women blab on and on and on about things they doesn't understand, thinking they do. I'd be inclined to tell them to pull their head in as well. o_O

Reactions: jessicaleks93

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's a hard thing for a man to bear when uneducated women blab on and on and on about things they doesn't understand, thinking they do. I'd be inclined to tell them to pull their head in as well. o_O
What about when educated women 'blab on' about things they have studied or have been shown by God. Too many male dinosaurs who belittle women and consider them if inferior intellect.

Reactions: Cassandra

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about when educated women 'blab on' about things they have studied or have been shown by God. Too many male dinosaurs who belittle women and consider them if inferior intellect.
This thread does not need to be a battle of the sexes thread. I've heard it say that a woman's strength is her weakness and a man's weakness is his strength.

It's all about survival strategies. Women are great at playing the damsel in distress - even when they have the capacity to rescue themselves. Men don't ask for help, even when their lives depend on it. One Pastor talked about that verse in Peter where he calls women the weaker sex. The pastor re-iterated; woman are the weaker sex. Then asked, do you know who is also weak? Men!

In another thread I spoke about the difference between cultural laws from moral laws. I believe Paul's point was not moral but cultural. And a final point, the women in question were disruptive to the church service. Do you know why? In that culture, women were not allowed to attend religious services. They did not know how to act in a new religion were men and women were equal. So, while some use this passage to show how Christianity has a dim view of women, the opposite is true once one orients themselves to the prevailing culture.

Regarding educated women 'blab on" about things they have studied; it goes to show that women communicate more - not better. You can't have one sided equality. This is easy to grasp with humility.