Queen of heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I hold to the "historical doctrine of the Trinity".

Assuming that you know what the historical doctrine of the Trinity actually teaches (see the Council of Nicaea, the Council of Constantinople and the Council of Chalcedon), then you have changed after all. Catholics everywhere will rejoice at the news. (I love irony.)

You accept and hold as your own personal belief the historical doctrine of the Trinity.

I reject and do not hold as my own personal belief the historical doctrine of the Trinity.

If anyone asks, that’s what I’ll tell them. It’s the right thing to do.

If anyone testifies otherwise about you, I’ll use your testimony against them to defend you. Why? It’s the right thing to do.

However, once another doctrine, comes along, that says...>"and you must believe in that, to go to heaven"...then i leave it behind.

Good on you. You reject the anathemas contained in the Athanasian Creed.

Meanwhile, and sadly, trinitarian on trinitarian violence will continue unabated.

Shoot the non-trinitarian peacemaker and shake hands.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Catholic Catechism ( item 846) states:
they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.

Now, what does this "knowing" really mean?
Some may think that by "preaching" or giving out a pamphlet or posting something on the web, the other person became "aware", and has no excuse now, because he/she knows.
This problem is typical of all religions who think that this life is the only opportunity to accept a given set of beliefs in order to avoid eternal hell. Who is really in the know?

To me, knowing means understanding and experiencing... and this is a matter which belongs to God and the individual soul.
Fortunately enough, we will not be saved by providing the right answers in a quiz on Theology and, according Matthew 25, we will not be judged by the church or religious group we were affiliated to.

I came across this a few minutes ago while searching for something else and thought about you. I think you’ll appreciate it and I can agree with it as far as it goes.

”Worship is more than the songs we sing, it’s the lifestyle we live.” - Shane Pruitt

• Love
Reactions: Pancho Frijoles

Pancho Frijoles

May 22, 2024
Mexico City
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Mexico
I think I recall asking you - but maybe I only intended to ask but haven’t gotten around to it - if you interpret the writings of all faiths through the lens of the Baha’i faith and consider them to be of equal value and fully compatible. Is that the case?

I believe that all major religions* came from God, that their founders were sent by God, and their sacred texts reflect to some extent* the original teachings of these founders.

NOTES:

* I do not include all sects formed after the major religions. Some may have been created by humans with ungodly purposes.
*"To some extent" because it varies from text to text, and we cannot rule out that those written centuries after the original Messenger was sent, were manipulated with additions, deletions, distorsions, etc.

I believe that, in essence, the Message from all religions is compatible.
Certainly, not at the level of specific metaphors, symbols, rituals, laws, and language, which as appropriate for each culture and time.

For example, it is clear that circumcision is prescribed in the Torah but not in the New Testament, and by the same token, baptism is prescribed in the New Testament but not in the Torah. However, both are external manifestations of a commitment to live submitted to God's will.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I believe that all major religions* came from God, that their founders were sent by God, and their sacred texts reflect to some extent* the original teachings of these founders.

NOTES:

* I do not include all sects formed after the major religions. Some may have been created by humans with ungodly purposes.
*"To some extent" because it varies from text to text, and we cannot rule out that those written centuries after the original Messenger was sent, were manipulated with additions, deletions, distorsions, etc.

I believe that, in essence, the Message from all religions is compatible.
Certainly, not at the level of specific metaphors, symbols, rituals, laws, and language, which as appropriate for each culture and time.

For example, it is clear that circumcision is prescribed in the Torah but not in the New Testament, and by the same token, baptism is prescribed in the New Testament but not in the Torah. However, both are external manifestations of a commitment to live submitted to God's will.

Thanks. For most of my life - going back to around the age of five or six - I’ve desired to know what people believe about God and why they believe it. I’m not entirely sure why that is (probably something that I saw or heard as a child and can’t put my finger on) but it is.

Reactions: Pancho Frijoles