Sadams Hunger Strike

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Saddam Hussein ended a brief hunger strike after missing just one meal in his U.S.-run prison, a U.S. military spokesman said on Friday.The former Iraqi leader had refused lunch on Thursday in protest at the killing of one of his lawyers by gunmen, but the spokesman said he ate his evening meal.Former Saddam aides being held in the same prison had refused to eat three meals since Wednesday evening but ended their fast with the ex-president."They all took their dinner meal," the spokesman told Reuters.Saddam is on trial for crimes against humanity for his role in the 1982 killing of 148 Shi'ites in Dujail. His lead counsel, Khalil al-Dulaimi, has blamed pro-government Shi'ite militias for the murder of his deputy Khamis al-Obaidi on Wednesday

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jay Leno was all over that one the other night. I guess Sadam cannot handle the harsh realities of going a few hours without food and the fact that he realized people were cheering for him to stay on the strike and starve himself to death.

bac2nowere

Jun 15, 2006
I tried to watch a biography of Saddam Hussein a few weeks ago. It was hard to watch what this evil man would do. But he couldn’t go to long with out eating.Ga 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, (23) gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I think it further attests to the nature of the Coward. I've watched stuff on and off about him and it all pretty much leads one to make the same conclusion. He was a coward who did anything he could to preserve himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.