What is the initial evidence of the Baptism with the Holy Spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
What do you make of this?

Acts 10:47-48 NIV
“Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.”
48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

]
You've missed a '?' at the end of verse '47'.

Apostle Peter in that verse is affirming is there any one who would stand in his way, if he were to baptize with water these Gentiles who have received the Spirit just as they Jews have.

When there was none opposed, Peter commanded them to be baptize with water in the name of Jesus Christ. In other words, just before a body is 'dunk' in water, elders proclaim; 'In the name of Jesus Christ, I baptize you in the name of the FATHER, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.'

Peterlag, is making his own version just to fit his believe and agenda by claiming water baptism is no longer required for the Gentiles, after J.B., Jesus and the disciples or Jews. By the way, did anyone answer 'no' to Peter, that he no longer need to water baptize, and the verse?

Peterlag thought by his 'twisted' reply among others in contradiction, he could just slide by like a serpent. Now, let us witness how he can slide by the scripture quote in regards Philip and the eunuch. Where clearly water baptism was conducted on this Gentile further in ch. 8, just before further in ch. 10 by Peter.

So, what's his excuse this time?

Romans 3:
4. GOD forbid yea, let GOD be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Peterlag, is making his own version just to fit his believe and agenda by claiming water baptism is no longer required for the Gentiles

Doesn't the great commission indicate we are commanded to Preach and Baptise in all the world - that would mean the majority baptised would be gentiles.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Peter brought it up, but it was not used. Again, from the habit of tradition, and only for a short period of time, a small handful of people were baptized with water into the New Testament, but never again afterwards.

In the epistles written just a little bit past the beginning of the New Testament is where we read the only time water baptism is mentioned is to note there is no more need for it, and that we are now to be baptized with holy spirit.
Again 'lagging behind' Mr Peter 'lag', apparently from the book of Acts, water baptism is for the new responding converts to Christ. Therefore moving forward in their epistles to the already saved churches. to some point is no longer mentioned, nor necessary to address again. Moreover there are other lingering and growing matters and issues brewing in the church from time to time.

That which needed their very attention and henceforth addressing and clarification for order, from the younger generation to the older ones gathered. Things that are further vital for the abiding and growing church, hence they mature from lambs to sheep. For these, time have passed them by, ever since prior they've been already water baptized and received the gift of the Spirit.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Doesn't the great commission indicate we are commanded to Preach and Baptise in all the world - that would mean the majority baptised would be gentiles.
You got that right, and many more related in my given posts, put them in context, and water baptism is not done with. In the book of Acts, the reluctant Peter towards the Gentiles, upon revelation of acceptance, he water baptized Gentile Cornelius and his household, as they were in the beginning.

As well as the eunuch by Philip in ch. 8, and Philip did not forbid the eunuch who initiated to be baptized in water. Even Jesus said, He will be with them always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Which apparently consist of Gentiles and Jews, and i don't believe the Apostles reach to the end of the world.

But rather together the church abiding with them since, even until today, could reach unto the end of the world and water baptize.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You got that right, and many more related in my given posts, put them in context, and water baptism is not done with. In the book of Acts, the reluctant Peter towards the Gentiles, upon revelation of acceptance, he water baptized Gentile Cornelius and his household, as they were in the beginning.

As well as the eunuch by Philip in ch. 8, and Philip did not forbid the eunuch who initiated to be baptized in water. Even Jesus said, He will be with them always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Which apparently consist of Gentiles and Jews, and i don't believe the Apostles reach to the end of the world.

But rather together the church abiding with them since, even until today, could reach unto the end of the world and water baptize.

Well I have baptised in the Sea here - not too many places further from Israel !!!

Reactions: St. SteVen

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again 'lagging behind' Mr Peter 'lag', apparently from the book of Acts, water baptism is for the new responding converts to Christ. Therefore moving forward in their epistles to the already saved churches. to some point is no longer mentioned, nor necessary to address again. Moreover there are other lingering and growing matters and issues brewing in the church from time to time.

That which needed their very attention and henceforth addressing and clarification for order, from the younger generation to the older ones gathered. Things that are further vital for the abiding and growing church, hence they mature from lambs to sheep. For these, time have passed them by, ever since prior they've been already water baptized and received the gift of the Spirit.
Water does nothing. It was a sign for Israel. The Christian has the spirit of Christ and to them water means nothing. You think it does because of what the Catholics taught you. To think that water could do something means you do not understand the Scriptures or the power of God.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you've described, or the realization you've seemingly reached, is the crux of the fallacy of the so-called gifts of the Spirit people claim they have today, which they justify solely by their speaking in so-called "tongues". Their proof of the gifts being active today, is tongues only, and always uttered unscripturally as well, i.e.; chaotic, incoherent babbling, but none of the other manifestations of the Spirit, those listed in 1Cor 12:8-10. So, why only tongues and none of the others? Good question for them to answer, which they never can logically do. The fact is, NONE of these manifestations are present today, including "tongues", nor are they needed.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you've described, or the realization you've seemingly reached, is the crux of the fallacy of the so-called gifts of the Spirit people claim they have today, which they justify solely by their speaking in so-called "tongues". Their proof of the gifts being active today, is tongues only, and always uttered unscripturally as well, i.e.; chaotic, incoherent babbling, but none of the other manifestations of the Spirit, those listed in 1Cor 12:8-10. So, why only tongues and none of the others? Good question for them to answer, which they never can logically do. The fact is, NONE of these manifestations are present today, including "tongues", nor are they needed.
New topic.

=

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a previous topic we explored why the baptized believers in Samaria hadn't received the Holy Spirit.

Why hadn't the baptized believers in Samaria received the Holy Spirit?

The typical response to the question about the initial evidence of the Baptism with the Holy Spirit, is tongues.
But when I read the book of the Acts of the Apostles, I see it is not limited to tongues.
I conclude that any manifestation of the Holy Spirit could be the initial evidence.

Would you limit the initial evidence to speaking in tongues?

Here are the scriptures that led to my conclusions on this.

Acts 10:46 NIV
For they heard them speaking in tongues[a] and praising God. ...

Acts 19:6 NIV
When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them,
and they spoke in tongues[a] and prophesied.

/
The ability to work miracles such as speaking in tongues and prophesying does not come from the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Baptism of the Holy Spirit results in the indwelling Holy Spirit. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a promise to all penitent believers who are baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. We know that from John's preaching which promised that Jesus would baptize in/with/by the Holy Spirit.

Mat 3:5 Then Jerusalem was going out to him, and all Judea and all the district around the Jordan;
Mat 3:6 and they were being baptized by him in the Jordan River, as they confessed their sins.

Mat 3:11 "As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

The empowering Holy Spirit and the indwelling Holy Spirit are not the same. It is the empowering Holy Spirit which provided the ability to work miracles. That was given only selectively.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ability to work miracles such as speaking in tongues and prophesying does not come from the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Baptism of the Holy Spirit results in the indwelling Holy Spirit. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a promise to all penitent believers who are baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. We know that from John's preaching which promised that Jesus would baptize in/with/by the Holy Spirit.

Mat 3:5 Then Jerusalem was going out to him, and all Judea and all the district around the Jordan;
Mat 3:6 and they were being baptized by him in the Jordan River, as they confessed their sins.

Mat 3:11 "As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

The empowering Holy Spirit and the indwelling Holy Spirit are not the same. It is the empowering Holy Spirit which provided the ability to work miracles. That was given only selectively.
Jesus tied the Baptism with the Holy Spirit to the outpouring at Pentecost. The disciples already had the indwelling. This was a subsequent event. Are you claiming that the indwelling Spirit did not come until Pentecost for those who had been baptized prior?

Acts 1:4-5 NIV
On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command:
“Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.
5 For John baptized with[a] water, but in a few days you will be baptized with[b] the Holy Spirit.”

Acts 2:39 NIV
The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”

]

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Most Christians are Gentiles., as once Christ was slain, and then resurrected, began 2 situations.

The CHURCH was born..

And the "time of the Gentiles" began..

So, the "Church" being born is based on The Cross of Christ, and Jesus sent Paul who is the "Apostle to the Gentiles", as we are in this "time", that ends when the Trib starts.

This means that most of the "body of Christ" is gentiles, as this is what God is doing right now.....He's bringing in the "Gentiles", and Jesus sent one Apostle for this MISSION, who is "Paul, the Apostle to the GENTILES".

We see that the CHURCH was began with THE CROSS, and its the CROSS that is the "Gospel"....

Or as Paul teaches...>>" The preaching of THE CROSS, is the POWER OF GOD... unto Salvation, unto everyone who BELIEVES".

This is the "Gospel of the Grace of God" that WE are to preach, as this is the "Gospel", in the "time of the Gentiles".

If any other "gospel" is preached, then you find this..

Galatians 1:8

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the initial evidence of the Baptism with the Holy Spirit?

** Evidence…of/for the Individual who has RECEIVED the Baptism of the Holy Spirit?

I would say broadly, wholly, is the inner feeling of absolute Peace … (regardless of the chaos, fear, threats, tribulations, corruption, up close, personal, and all around this world.)

** Evidence…of/noticing ANOTHER has RECEIVED the Baptism of the Holy Spirit?

I would say broadly, wholly, NEVER: CAN they, DO they, Speak/Stand AGAINST God, disagree with God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Water does nothing. It was a sign for Israel. The Christian has the spirit of Christ and to them water means nothing. You think it does because of what the Catholics taught you. To think that water could do something means you do not understand the Scriptures or the power of God.
Since you have a 'twisted' understanding and your replies are the evidence of it, Jesus said, "You will know them by their fruit."

Again your gibberish nonsense, for no Catholics taught me nor i believe in Catholicism, but the scriptures alone is the authority.

True born again readers, it's not worth it going back and forth and get nowhere with 'imposters' and 'counterfeits'. Ones who've apparently climbed over the fence and not go in through the gate to the sheep pen.

These liars claim that water baptism is a sign for Israel and ends with Israel, and Gentiles alone are baptized in the Spirit. But i've proven with what given me, that Gentiles Roman officer Cornelius and Gentile Ethiopian eunuch, the treasurer of Candace were water baptized as well.

Apart from that, prior upon listening to the word of GOD and believed, they also received the gift of the Holy Ghost baptism. These come in line with what Jesus said, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, 'Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of GOD'."

And He said unto them, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; he that believeth not shall be damned. ............."

Apostle Paul himself was baptized with water by a disciple Ananias, since that was the common thing after Jesus the Apostles and church were carrying out upon people's repentance. That is why Paul did not mention about water baptism which is commonly spread out even before his conversion. He was more focused according to what given him for the growth of the already saved church, imparting them further insight revelation to the Gospel. He was not called a minister to the Gentiles alone, but also to the Jews by Jesus.

Even Paul had to visit Peter the 'rock', to determine and justify, what is the added practices the Gentiles should observe. He himself did not forbid water baptism nor ever declared is no longer required, including Paul the 13th. But only done by today's divided 'shortsighted' denominational 'imposters' and 'counterfeits' church. Who have gone ahead of the 12 Apostles and founded itself on the 13tn 'shortsightedly', namely of the Pauline sect . These among others soon will be 'shipwrecked', for they will reap what they sow and harvest what they plant.

As it is written,
"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."

But He answered and said, "It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs."

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you have a 'twisted' understanding and your replies are the evidence of it, Jesus said, "You will know them by their fruit."

Again your gibberish nonsense, for no Catholics taught me nor i believe in Catholicism, but the scriptures alone is the authority.

True born again readers, it's not worth it going back and forth and get nowhere with 'imposters' and 'counterfeits'. Ones who've apparently climbed over the fence and not go in through the gate to the sheep pen.

These liars claim that water baptism is a sign for Israel and ends with Israel, and Gentiles alone are baptized in the Spirit. But i've proven with what given me, that Gentiles Roman officer Cornelius and Gentile Ethiopian eunuch, the treasurer of Candace were water baptized as well.

Apart from that, prior upon listening to the word of GOD and believed, they also received the gift of the Holy Ghost baptism. These come in line with what Jesus said, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, 'Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of GOD'."

And He said unto them, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; he that believeth not shall be damned. ............."

Apostle Paul himself was baptized with water by a disciple Ananias, since that was the common thing after Jesus the Apostles and church were carrying out upon people's repentance. That is why Paul did not mention about water baptism which is commonly spread out even before his conversion. He was more focused according to what given him for the growth of the already saved church, imparting them further insight revelation to the Gospel. He was not called a minister to the Gentiles alone, but also to the Jews by Jesus.

Even Paul had to visit Peter the 'rock', to determine and justify, what is the added practices the Gentiles should observe. He himself did not forbid water baptism nor ever declared is no longer required, including Paul the 13th. But only done by today's divided 'shortsighted' denominational 'imposters' and 'counterfeits' church. Who have gone ahead of the 12 Apostles and founded itself on the 13tn 'shortsightedly', namely of the Pauline sect . These among others soon will be 'shipwrecked', for they will reap what they sow and harvest what they plant.

As it is written,
"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."

But He answered and said, "It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs."
As I already said more than once "From the habit of tradition, and only for a short period of time, a small handful of people were baptized with water into the New Testament, but never again afterwards." And Cornelius was not one of them. There's no teaching on water baptism anywhere in the New Testament. We can't believe something that is not taught and water is not taught anywhere in the New Testament as doctrine.