Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Christianity Board Christian Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How close is the Seven Year Tribulation?

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
670 replies to this topic

Poll: How close are we to the Tribulation (63 member(s) have cast votes)

How close are we to the seven year tribulation?

1. The seven year tribulation will happen within the next 10 years. (16 votes [25.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.40%

2. The seven year Tribulation could happen within the next 50 years but will probably not happen within the next 10 years (9 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. The seven year Tribulation has already started (13 votes [20.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.63%

4. The seven year Tribulation will happen, but I don't think it will happen in the next 50 years. (5 votes [7.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.94%

5. I don't believe in the seven year tribulation. (20 votes [31.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Joshua David

Joshua David

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
I was just curious to know what people thought as to how close we were to the seven year tribulation? I just wanted to say, I didn't really want to turn this thread into a does a seven year tribulation exist vs does not exist thread. If you don't believe in it, great, vote you don't believe in it and move on, or start another thread on why you don't believe in it.

Joshua David

Mrdean10

Mrdean10

• Christian Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFlorida
I don't understand why we are always try to predict events. why we don't focus on be ready and getting others ready for Christ return

Comm.Arnold

Comm.Arnold

Advanced Member

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts
I do believe it has already started and that it is much different than people try and interpret from revelation or some of the movies that have been made, it is a good time.
Proverbs 3:11 Blessed is the man who finds wisdom the man who gains understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold"

kdmomma

kdmomma

• Christian Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I was just curious to know what people thought as to how close we were to the seven year tribulation? I just wanted to say, I didn't really want to turn this thread into a does a seven year tribulation exist vs does not exist thread. If you don't believe in it, great, vote you don't believe in it and move on, or start another thread on why you don't believe in it.

Joshua David

We're not in the Tribulation yet because we are still here.

CharlesBaker

CharlesBaker

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

I don't understand why we are always try to predict events. why we don't focus on be ready and getting others ready for Christ return

Joshua is not trying to set dates, my friend, and neither am I.

I'm 90 years of age and know my soul will go to heaven when my body dies but I do not know if I will be part of the rapture, or of the resurrection, so I obey Jesus's instruction to pray always I will be accounted worthy to escape all the things that shall come to pass, during the tribulation period and the wrath of God, and to stand before the Son of man, Luke 21:36.

If I should die before the time of the rapture it will be my hope I will be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, Luke 20:35.

I also hope all who read this post will pray the same prayer and have the same hope.

God Bless you. Charlie

kaoticprofit

kaoticprofit

Advanced Member

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire's North Woods

Why did God use prophecy in His Word?

Why do people complain about those of us who try to understand it?

Edited by kaoticprofit, 04 June 2011 - 01:56 PM.

Habakkuk 1:9  (the jihadist) They shall come all for violence: their faces shall sup up as the east wind, (5 times a day) and they shall gather the captivity as the sand. (world domination)

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.endtimesreport.com/
http://www.tribwatch.com/

rockytopva

rockytopva

Advanced Member

• Encounter Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Joshua David

According to my timeline... (My take of Revelations) This all can't get started until...

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;- 2 Thessalonians 2:2, 3

The son of perdition will set up a great computer called "The Beast" that will store everyone's financial records. Without the mark of the beast (which will probably be like a bar code) no man will be able to buy or sell

16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. - Revelation 13: 16, 17, 18

With this new IPv6 they are going to have 340 Undecillion's of usable addresses (Help with large numbers)... It would not surprise me if the beast attempts to tag we humans with a IPv6 address.

But I think that we are at least 10 years from the system set up in which I have voted accordingly.

Edited by rockytopva, 04 June 2011 - 02:32 PM.

My YouTube Site! I am... Fundamental, Pre-Millennial, Dispensationalist, Charismatic, Pentecostal... Posted Image My! There are a lot of labels these days! Posted Image
"Men may call me a knave or a fool, a rascal, a scoundrel, and I am content..." - John Wesley

tomwebster

tomwebster

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

According to my timeline......

I don't think He goes by your timeline either.

rockytopva

rockytopva

Advanced Member

• Encounter Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

I don't think He goes by your timeline either.

Nobody has exact timelines! In which... We all do one another a favor by separating opinion from truth.!

35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. - Matthew 24: 33-37

Again! To repeat myself... Nobody has exact timelines! As students of scripture and of history we cannot help but to wonder... But when its all said and done we are all speculating!

Edited by rockytopva, 04 June 2011 - 06:08 PM.

My YouTube Site! I am... Fundamental, Pre-Millennial, Dispensationalist, Charismatic, Pentecostal... Posted Image My! There are a lot of labels these days! Posted Image
"Men may call me a knave or a fool, a rascal, a scoundrel, and I am content..." - John Wesley

tomwebster

tomwebster

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Nobody has exact timelines! In which... We all do one another a favor by separating opinion from truth.!

35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. - Matthew 24: 33-37

Again! To repeat myself... Nobody has exact timelines! As students of scripture and of history we cannot help but to wonder... But when its all said and done we are all speculating!

You really need to discover what the verse means. Again! I repeat, you really need to discover what the verse means.

rockytopva

rockytopva

Advanced Member

• Encounter Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

You really need to discover what the verse means. Again! I repeat, you really need to discover what the verse means.

The anti-Christs reign will last 3 1/2 years...

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. - Revelation 13:5

In which.... That is 1/2 of tribulation... How say ye that we are in tribulation when the anti-Christ has yet to make his appearance? How can the Anti-Christ make his appearance when there is yet no way for him to take hold of the worlds currencies? I say... We are many years away from the reality of having the world under one great computer that will keep up with everyone's worth! Many years indeed!

kaoticprofit

kaoticprofit

Advanced Member

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

The anti-Christs reign will last 3 1/2 years...

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. - Revelation 13:5

In which.... That is 1/2 of tribulation... How say ye that we are in tribulation when the anti-Christ has yet to make his appearance? How can the Anti-Christ make his appearance when there is yet no way for him to take hold of the worlds currencies? I say... We are many years away from the reality of having the world under one great computer that will keep up with everyone's worth! Many years indeed!

The man of sin will not impose a world currency and there will not be a computer that keeps track of our finances.

The kingdom of the man of sin will be limited to a ten nation empire.

You, as well as the others, need to do a word study on the word ALL, whole, and every.

Edited by kaoticprofit, 04 June 2011 - 07:02 PM.

Habakkuk 1:9  (the jihadist) They shall come all for violence: their faces shall sup up as the east wind, (5 times a day) and they shall gather the captivity as the sand. (world domination)

rockytopva

rockytopva

Advanced Member

• Encounter Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

The man of sin will not impose a world currency and there will not be a computer that keeps track of our finances.

The kingdom of the man of sin will be limited to a ten nation empire.

You, as well as the others, need to do a word study on the word ALL, whole, and every.

...And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him- Revelation 13:8

...And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth - Revelation 13:14

And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. - Revelation 13:2

Notice that these are the four that were mentioned in Daniel 7

3And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

4The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

5And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.- Daniel 7: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
6After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

7After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

The Lion with Eagles wings - Democracies - Also the first horseman

The bear with 3 ribs - Communism - The Red Horseman

The leopard - - Islam - The Black Horseman

The Fourth beast - The Anti-Christ - The Pale Horseman

Notice that the beast is the head... The beast will indeed take over the worlds currencies as the scripture said... That no man... Will be able to buy or sell... Revelation 13:17

Edited by rockytopva, 04 June 2011 - 07:20 PM.

kaoticprofit

kaoticprofit

Advanced Member

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

...And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him- Revelation 13:8

...And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth - Revelation 13:14

And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. - Revelation 13:2

Notice that these are the four that were mentioned in Daniel 7

3And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

4The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

5And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.- Daniel 7: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
6After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

7After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

The Lion with Eagles wings - Democracies - Also the first horseman

The bear with 3 ribs - Communism - The Red Horseman

The leopard - - Islam - The Black Horseman

The Fourth beast - The Anti-Christ - The Pale Horseman

Notice that the beast is the head... The beast will indeed take over the worlds currencies as the scripture said... That no man... Will be able to buy or sell... Revelation 13:17

Like I said. You and the others need to do a word study on the word all!

And maybe one on the words earth and world.

http://www.bluelette...ngs=G3956&t=KJV

rockytopva

rockytopva

Advanced Member

• Encounter Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Like I said. You and the others need to do a word study on the word all!

And maybe one on the words earth and world.

http://www.bluelette...ngs=G3956&t=KJV

We are many years of even seeing this in the 10 nations... Referencing Daniels image... It had two legs of iron... One representing the eastern Roman Empire (Constantinople) the other the western Roman Empire (Rome). Of these legs were 10 toes... Five from the Western empire... Five from the Eastern empire... Which will make up the ten nations where the Anti-Christ will arise... Even those 10 nations are a long way from dissolving currency and going with the computer mark!

Edited by rockytopva, 04 June 2011 - 07:28 PM.

kaoticprofit

kaoticprofit

Advanced Member

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

We are many years of even seeing this in the 10 nations... Referencing Daniels image... It had two legs of iron... One representing the eastern Roman Empire (Constantinople) the other the western Roman Empire (Rome). Of these legs were 10 toes... Five from the Western empire... Five from the Eastern empire... Which will make up the ten nations where the Anti-Christ will arise... Even those 10 nations are a long way from dissolving currency and going with the computer mark!

If you believe that the toes mingled with iron and clay are Roman. Then explain to me how the word 'mixed' can denote a Roman when the word is the Aramaic word 'arab' and denotes an Arabian!

http://www.bluelette...ngs=H6151&t=KJV

You are also attributing the mark (buying and selling) to the first beast of Rev. 13 when it is attributed to the second 'two horned' beast.

I've asked a dozen times for anyone to post one verse of end time prophecy that implicates Rome in the last days.

Not one has yet been posted.

Daniel also indicates that the evil one will emerge from the Grecian Empire...NOT ROME!

Edited by kaoticprofit, 04 June 2011 - 07:48 PM.

rockytopva

rockytopva

Advanced Member

• Encounter Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
Of the times and the seasons I go with Isaac Newton (My take on the ages)... Who Said...

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060.” – Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However… Isaac Newton notes…

“It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –Isaac Newton

Edited by rockytopva, 04 June 2011 - 07:54 PM.

kaoticprofit

kaoticprofit

Advanced Member

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Of the times and the seasons I go with Isaac Newton (My take on the ages)... Who Said...

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060.” – Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However… Isaac Newton notes…

“It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –Isaac Newton

So why the sudden change in direction. I thought we were discussung the the mark, (one world currency) and the dimensions of the kingdom of the beast!

rockytopva

rockytopva

Advanced Member

• Encounter Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

So why the sudden change in direction. I thought we were discussung the the mark, (one world currency) and the dimensions of the kingdom of the beast!

Please present me a timeline like the one I presented so I can analyze...

http://www.christian...e-trib-rapture/

kaoticprofit

kaoticprofit

Advanced Member

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Please present me a timeline like the one I presented so I can analyze...

http://www.christian...e-trib-rapture/

Why are you so bent on a timeline. The discussion is how close are we to the tribulation. I responded to some of your beliefs and you continually divert the discussion. And you haven't answered any of my questions.

You being a pretribber creates a host of problems. One big one is that if you are still here, regardless of world conditions, that means in your view we cannot be in tribulation.

Pretribulationism is one blunder built upon another blunder and one fabrication built upon another fabrication.

I'm not going to present to you a timeline. How about just confronting the issues I've already raised.

Now you're off into pretribulationism.

rockytopva

rockytopva

Advanced Member

• Encounter Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Why are you so bent on a timeline. The discussion is how close are we to the tribulation. I responded to some of your beliefs and you continually divert the discussion. And you haven't answered any of my questions.

You being a pretribber creates a host of problems. One big one is that if you are still here, regardless of world conditions, that means in your view we cannot be in tribulation.

Pretribulationism is one blunder built upon another blunder and one fabrication built upon another fabrication.

I'm not going to present to you a timeline. How about just confronting the issues I've already raised.

Now you're off into pretribulationism.

I need a perspective so I can know where you are coming from... Yes I am a pre-tribber

kaoticprofit

kaoticprofit

Advanced Member

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

I need a perspective so I can know where you are coming from... Yes I am a pre-tribber

You don't need a perspective because that's not what started this discussion. I don't do timelines. I try to figure things out. Many of you associate the apostasy with the church. It has nothing to do with the church but all to do with the man of sin.

I think the Arab world is now in the midts of the apostasy (rebellion) mentioned in 2Thes 2. They want no borders and one currency in the region. As the kingdoms fall the nations of the ten horned beast forms. This will create a power vacumn in the region that will reveal the man of sin and cause the emergence of the kingdoms of Daniel 7.

But most of you wont even know that prophecy is passing because you are expecting a rapture, an Itallian, and someone from the EU to emerge and form a global empire and religion.

The tribulation could begin in a few years. Maybe even in the fall of this year.

It all depends how soon the little harlots of Islam (jihadist) begin commiting the abominations of the earth.

Edited by kaoticprofit, 04 June 2011 - 09:07 PM.

rockytopva

rockytopva

Advanced Member

• Encounter Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

You don't need a perspective because that's not what started this discussion. I don't do timelines. I try to figure things out. Many of you associate the apostasy with the church. It has nothing to do with the church but all to do with the man of sin.

I think the Arab world is now in the midts of the apostasy (rebellion) mentioned in 2Thes 2. They want no borders and one currency in the region. As the kingdoms fall the nations of the ten horned beast forms. This will create a power vacumn in the region that will reveal the man of sin and cause the emergence of the kingdoms of Daniel 7.

But most of you wont even know that prophecy is passing because you are expecting a rapture, an Itallian, and someone from the EU to emerge and form a global empire and religion.

The tribulation could begin in a few years. Maybe even in the fall of this year.

It all depends how soon the little harlots of Islam (jihadist) begin commiting the abominations of the earth.

I think that Islam's harsh blow will be when they try to take out Israel according to Ezekiel 38 and 39.

jdbrown

jdbrown

• Christian Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Joshua David,

Your poll is missing another possible option.

The seven year tribulation has already taken place.

kaoticprofit

kaoticprofit

Advanced Member

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Joshua David,

Your poll is missing another possible option.

The seven year tribulation has already taken place.

Only in the eyes of a preterist!

jdbrown

jdbrown

• Christian Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Only in the eyes of a preterist!

By definition, of course. ;)

kaoticprofit

kaoticprofit

Advanced Member

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

By definition, of course. ;)

Pretreism should be banned from Christian forums.

jdbrown

jdbrown

• Christian Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Pretreism should be banned from Christian forums.

Why should it be banned? It's an orthodox eschatological position. Have you ever given it any consideration?

BTW, I would classify myself as a Partial Preterist.

kaoticprofit

kaoticprofit

Advanced Member

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Why should it be banned? It's an orthodox eschatological position. Have you ever given it any consideration?

BTW, I would classify myself as a Partial Preterist.

I threw out preterism almost 40 years ago. It's not even worth discussing. It's a waste of time!

rockytopva

rockytopva

Advanced Member

• Encounter Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

I threw out preterism almost 40 years ago. It's not even worth discussing. It's a waste of time!

Where is the promise of his coming?

2 Peter 3: 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14

3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users