Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Christianity Board Christian Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Rick Warren's (Actual) Comments on Islam & Christianity

- - - - - Rick Warren islam Muslim Christianity

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

HammerStone

HammerStone

Webmaster

• Administrator
  • 4,689 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
http://pastors.com/r...m-and-missions/

I recall some miscellaneous comments, posts, and other remarks on CB about Pastor Rick Warren and Muslims. I wanted to post this interview he did so his own words could clarify what he does and what he said. There's so much misinformation out there, it's nice to set something straight.

QUESTION: Do people of other religions worship the same God as Christians?
WARREN: Of course not. Christians have a view of God that is unique. We believe Jesus is God! We believe God is a Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Not 3 separate gods but one God. No other faith believes Jesus is God. My God is Jesus. The belief in God as a Trinity is the foundational difference between Christians and everyone else. There are 2.1 billion people who call themselves Christians… whether Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant, Pentecostal, or Evangelical…and they all have the doctrine of the Trinity in common.

There's more in specifically dealing with Islam there, but you'll need to read the full interview for that.
I Peter 3:15
...but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,...

Graced.Me | To Live A Better Life | Simple thoughts, musings, and illustrations of Jesus.

Rach

Rach

Advanced Member

• 1,801 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Here's another good interview with Rick....just fyi...

http://www.desiringg...ren-on-doctrine
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:1-2

"In essentials.....Unity...
In non-essentials.....liberty...
But in all things......love..."

ChristRoseFromTheDead

ChristRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Good exposes of Rick Warren and the Emergent Church movement. Long, but very good. Real eye openers. Well done. Highly recommended.

This is the work of God: that you believe into the one [the father] set apart. John 6:29

Interlinear Bible ... Interlinear LXX ... theWord ... Azal revealed (Zechariah 14:5)

Angelina

Angelina

Prayer Warrior

• Super Moderator
  • 3,982 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

I heard through my FB feed, that his son has recently died. That's sad...  :unsure:

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog: http://www.christian...e-of-the-myths/

Polt

Polt

Advanced Member

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

In that interview, Rick Warren boasts of attending non(anti)Christian religious celebrations.  He preemptively compares anyone who would object with the Pharisees who objected to Jesus eating at St. Matthew's home.  Sorry Rick, I don't see the similarity.

Justin Mangonel

Justin Mangonel

Advanced Member

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Dear All,

I like this emergent church thing...very kewl.

Blessings,

Justin

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rick Warren, islam, Muslim, Christianity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users