Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Christianity Board!
Christianity Board is a thriving forum community for registered members to share, pray, and respectfully debate about the faith in Jesus Christ. We are a nondenominational Christian forum in that we welcome the diversity of Christianity and we are not attached to any one denominational group. Join today for access to posting on the forums, chatting in the shoutbox, creating a blog, private messenger, profile features and so much more. May your time here be blessed in the name of Jesus!
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Twitter

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Secondhand Lion

Secondhand Lion

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Is it worth doing twitter? I do not understand the first thing about it and really do not want to waste my time if it is not worth it.

Why do you twitter?

Is it hard to use?

My thoughts on it are that it must be the height of narcissism to assume everyone must care what I am doing right now....

Help!

SL

PS Sorry, I should have said...the only reason I am considering it is for business use if you need that info

Edited by Secondhand Lion, 27 February 2014 - 04:08 PM.

If the plain sense makes good sense, seek no other sense, lest ye make non-sense.

ChristianJuggarnaut

ChristianJuggarnaut

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
#notworthit

Mr.Bride

Mr.Bride

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

#notworthit

#ISecondThat

HammerStone

HammerStone

Webmaster

• 5,100 posts

Twitter is actually my favorite social media medium. It's the least intrusive in terms of profile data and privacy, and the character limit takes away much of the complaining that goes on through Facebook.

It's very helpful for breaking news, conferences, and finding articles. It's just a matter of knowing how to use lists to refine what you want to look at. The goal with Twitter is not so much to follow everyone, but to follow people who are involved in things you want to know about it. A ton of great Christian minds are on Twitter of varying backgrounds, denominational persuasion, and other details. I have had quick tweet "conversations" with folks I probably would never otherwise talk to.

I Peter 3:15
...but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,...

Graced.Me | To Live A Better Life | Simple thoughts, musings, and illustrations of Jesus.

djchuang

djchuang

• New CB Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello all, just adding another perspective from my experience on Twitter.

While it may not be valuable for everyone to use Twitter, the current status of how valuable Twitter is can be seen in American culture and mainstream media - that it has become like the digital public square, and it's currently the best way to get a pulse on what public opinion is based on observing tweets denoted by a #hashtag and how that signifies what is the buzz right now.

Occasionally this opens up a great spiritual and ministry opportunity, like during the Boston marathon bombing, and how the hashtag #prayforboston joined people around the world for prayer. cf. [link removed]

[email; addy link removed]

Angelina

Angelina

Prayer Warrior

• Super Moderator
  • 5,430 posts

Well Hi dj!

It's so nice to see you back! Thank you for you're invaluable input...but I gotta remove that link honey because forum rules do not allow for links to be placed in posts until new members you have reached a minimum requirement of 10 posts - even though you're kinda famous :D lol!

You're email addy is also a link isn't it  :unsure: ...you could place links or you're email addy on your signature line or profile page if you want.

Bless ya!

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog: http://www.christian...e-of-the-myths/

ccfromsc

ccfromsc

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

I love twitter. There I said it. I also am on too many tweets.

database_matt

database_matt

• New CB Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Twitter is important for popular culture and following developing stories. What's not good for is making real-world connections or building a quick following. If you want to reach someone it's still best to lookup there website and email them. You cannot Direct Message twitter users unless they follow you. So any message you have to send is pubic and can easily go unnoticed. The early days of twitter saw large spikes in followers.  There is lots of noise and little signal for outbound communications. It is however a great place to connect if say you are watching a baseball game and its 2 in the morning and something amazing happens or a record is broken and you want to share the moment with friends or complete strangers alike. Quite enjoyable for those little moments. 

It can connect you by topic in a way like never before...

Edited by database_matt, 11 September 2014 - 06:09 PM.

Chuckt

Chuckt

Advanced Member

• Account Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

I think it is an opportunity to share the gospel just like there are other opportunities.

I think your approach could be to go to anyone who will listen.

DanielGarneau

DanielGarneau

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

I think it is an opportunity to share the gospel just like there are other opportunities.

I think your approach could be to go to anyone who will listen.

I am on twitter, but I very seldom use it. I joined twitter because I wanted to know what was going on during a student manifestation in Montreal where, people dear to my heart had decided to go at the risk of getting in deep trouble. I found it convenient to follow the Montreal City Police on twitter. Much later I used twitter to connect with the publisher of a Christian Video I had put a link to on my web site. The link was broken and I wanted to know if the video was permanently removed.

Right now, I am wondering about becoming a little more involved on Twitter as a means to make my web site known. My site is itself a means to make the Gospel known... So I would be interested in reading about examples of how twitter can be used as an opportunity to share the Gospel, beyond just making my web site known. 

God bless...

Daniel Garneau
www.savoiretcroire.ca – Knowing and Believing: Torn-apart, yet inseparable allies…

lovemadeknown

lovemadeknown

• Christian Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I was skeptical of Twitter at first because of the amount of data being fed through it.  It seems like a lot of noise.  I tried it out though and I've been able to find meaningful conversation on it.  If you can find the right hashtag, not too big and not too small, you can sometimes find a community around it.

Sharing the work of Jesus in the lives of ordinary people. John 21:25 | Our story reveals His story

http://lovemadeknown.com

ATP

ATP

Advanced Member

• Account Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Is it worth doing twitter?

I myself do not use any social networking aside from Christian forums, and I am proud of that fact. I also will never own a smart phone. I will take it to my grave. :)

Doug_E_Fresh

Doug_E_Fresh

gяελ нατ jεsμs ƒяεακ

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Twitter is only as effective as what you can say in your 250~ characters. Otherwise it's just another news source. If you find that useful, I think you'll like it.

"To give truth to him who loves it not is to only give him more multiplied reasons for misinterpretation." - George MacDonald

DanielGarneau

DanielGarneau

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

I'd like to provide an update to my earlier post on this thread, dated April 2015. I am now using twitter on a regular basis as a means, on the one hand, to promote new material available on my web site, on the other hand, to discover like-minded persons who are promoting their services or ministries through that tool. True, the number of characters is limited, but I still find it useful and interesting.  

Daniel Garneau
www.savoiretcroire.ca – Knowing and Believing: Torn-apart, yet inseparable allies…

Josho

Josho

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

I use Twitter, Twitter can be awesome, if ya into sport it's great for getting the latest updates and scores, it's also pretty easy to be updated with what's happening around the world on it, it can also be used as a tool for spreading the good news, miracles and all the wonderful stuff that God is doing in our lives, but Twitter does have a downside, and that downside is, it can be very one-sided, there is a "loud majority", the scale is 10 - 1 when it's left wing vs right wing, and the loud majority of the left wingers on twitter are from the extreme left, so if you tweet about morals be prepared to get slammed by the left. Overall though Twitter is a great social media platform for getting messages out, whether if it's giving your opinion, cheering on ya team, sharing your favorite music, tweeting the word of God, tweeting your latest youtube vids, there are so many things you can do on it. I have been using it for nearly 4 years.

Twitter - @JoshTheBanjoMan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users