Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Christianity Board!
Christianity Board is a thriving forum community for registered members to share, pray, and respectfully debate about the faith in Jesus Christ. We are a nondenominational Christian forum in that we welcome the diversity of Christianity and we are not attached to any one denominational group. Join today for access to posting on the forums, chatting in the shoutbox, creating a blog, private messenger, profile features and so much more. May your time here be blessed in the name of Jesus!
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How To Get To Heaven When You Die

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
495 replies to this topic

ATP

ATP

Advanced Member

• Account Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

That isn't scriptural. The 5th seal proves the saved dead are in heaven not Hades. Paul also speaks a couple times about wanting to be dead to be with Christ. Obviously he doesn't believe believers go to Hades.

Wrong. The 5th seal is a vision of the future. The seven seals are only opened  in the end times. The 5th and 6th seal are interconnected and speak of the first resurrection.

Edited by ATP, 30 July 2015 - 03:30 PM.

The Barrd

The Barrd

His Humble Servant

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

No the dead are alive in another sense. Rev 6:9, And the fact Moses and Elijah appeared and spoke to Jesus though they were "dead".

What about Samuel (1 Sam 28)

He seems to have been resting in Hades...in fact, his annoyance sounds rather like one who has been awakened from sleep:

1Sa 28:15  And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up?

Of course, there have been exceptions.  Elijah, for instance, was taken up in a whirlwind...he evidently did not die a physical death.  So why could he not appear and speak to Jesus?  Surely God is able to raise whom He will raise, whether they sleep or no?

On the other hand, what about all of those saints who came out of their graves at the death of Christ?

Mat 27:50  Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

Mat 27:51  And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Mat 27:52  And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Mat 27:53  And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many

I am curious...where do you think these guys are today?

"Lord, I have no gift to bring

Only this little song I sing."

"My child," gently smiled the Lord,

"Go, and sing it to the world."

The Barrd

The Barrd

The Barrd

His Humble Servant

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

He was in hell/hades.

Wait a minute.  I thought Hades was supposed to be some sort of waiting room for the damned?  

You are confusing me, here...

The Barrd

ATP

ATP

Advanced Member

• Account Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Are we not given a white robe at the first resurrection and rapture?? If you notice in rapture movies our clothes are left behind.

Rev 6:9:11 NIV When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.

ewq1938

ewq1938

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Wrong. The 5th seal is a vision of the future. The seven seals are only opened  in the end times. The 5th and 6th seal are interconnected and speak of the first resurrection.

The 5th seal being future is meaningless to this discussion. It proves the dead aren't sleeping like you believe.

Jesus is God because his Father, God, addressed him as "O God"- Hebrews 1:8 , Psalms 45:6
Jesus is God because he, himself, says he is God: "I will be his God"- Revelation 21:7
Jesus is God because the bible says he is God: "The mighty God" - Isaiah 9:6
Jesus is God because his disciples knew he was God:
                               "my Lord and my God" - John 20:28
                               "our God and Savior Jesus Christ" - 2 Peter 1:1
                               "the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" - Titus 2:13
Jesus is God because the OT says Israel's Rock was God & Christ was that same Rock: Psalms 78:35,  1 Corinthians 10:4

ewq1938

ewq1938

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

On the other hand, what about all of those saints who came out of their graves at the death of Christ?

Mat 27:50  Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

Mat 27:51  And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Mat 27:52  And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Mat 27:53  And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many

I am curious...where do you think these guys are today?

They were raised back to human life and would have died again at some point I assume. I alsoassume being saints that they would return to heaven where they had been.

Jesus is God because his Father, God, addressed him as "O God"- Hebrews 1:8 , Psalms 45:6
Jesus is God because he, himself, says he is God: "I will be his God"- Revelation 21:7
                               "the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" - Titus 2:13
Jesus is God because the OT says Israel's Rock was God & Christ was that same Rock: Psalms 78:35,  1 Corinthians 10:4

ATP

ATP

Advanced Member

• Account Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

The 5th seal being future is meaningless to this discussion. It proves the dead aren't sleeping like you believe.

The 5th seal being future is the whole point of that seal. It is the MAIN point of which you're missing. Can you find me scripture that says we receive white robes after we die?? Uh no you can't.

ewq1938

ewq1938

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

He was in hell/hades.

Wait a minute.  I thought Hades was supposed to be some sort of waiting room for the damned?  

You are confusing me, here...

It is. I don't see what caused any confusion.

ewq1938

ewq1938

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Are we not given a white robe at the first resurrection and rapture??

Yes.

Edit: you said "we" and we being currently alive I thought you meant the living when Jesus returns. If we died, then the answer is no, we get the robes earlier.

Edited by ewq1938, 30 July 2015 - 03:54 PM.

ATP

ATP

Advanced Member

• Account Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

You cannot be conscious of your surroundings without the breath of life in you.

Gen 3:19 NIV By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.”
Job 34:14-15 NIV If it were his intention and he withdrew his spirit and breath, 15all humanity would perish together and mankind would return to the dust.
Eccl 12:7 NIV and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

ewq1938

ewq1938

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

The 5th seal being future is the whole point of that seal. It is the MAIN point of which you're missing. Can you find me scripture that says we receive white robes after we die?? Uh no you can't.

lol, you are missing my point of bring up the seal. Last time I'll say it: you believe the dead are sleeping but the fifth seal proves the dead are full awake and talking. Nothing about it being the future or robes has anything to do with why I mention it. The fifth seal is BEFORE the first resurrection.

ATP

ATP

Advanced Member

• Account Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Yes.

and the white robe is in the fifth seal. 1+1=2. :rolleyes:

ATP

ATP

Advanced Member

• Account Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

check mate.

The Barrd

The Barrd

His Humble Servant

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Are we not given a white robe at the first resurrection and rapture?? If you notice in rapture movies our clothes are left behind.

Rev 6:9:11 NIV When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.

I've never been interested enough to actually watch a rapture movie.  

Are you saying that the people are naked?

Perhaps I ought to check this out...my grandkids have cable...

The Barrd

ewq1938

ewq1938

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

You do not need a body to be conscious of your surroundings as the fifth seal proves.

ewq1938

ewq1938

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

and the white robe is in the fifth seal. 1+1=2. :rolleyes:

It's just symbolic of righteousness not that they have been resurrected. I was technically wrong to agree the robes are given at the time of the resurrection. I had the living saints that are changed without dying in mind...they would get their robes at the same timeframe as the resurrection but those who had been dead got robes long before.

I edited the other post to explain how I misunderstood your question:

Are we not given a white robe at the first resurrection and rapture??

Yes.

Edit: you said "we" and we being currently alive I thought you meant the living when Jesus returns. If we died, then the answer is no, we get the robes earlier.

Edited by ewq1938, 30 July 2015 - 03:54 PM.

ATP

ATP

Advanced Member

• Account Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

I've never been interested enough to actually watch a rapture movie.  

Are you saying that the people are naked?

Perhaps I ought to check this out...my grandkids have cable...

Not naked, but rather we receive our white robes.

You do not need a body to be conscious of your surroundings as the fifth seal proves.

Then show me in scripture where we receive white robes BEFORE the first resurrection.

ewq1938

ewq1938

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Not naked, but rather we receive our white robes.

Then show me in scripture where we receive white robes BEFORE the first resurrection.

See the 5th seal. That is a period of time before the tribulation where the dead are asking when God will avenge their deaths and they are told more still have to die like they did...a reference to the trib. All long before the first resurrection which happens after the trib.

ATP

ATP

Advanced Member

• Account Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

It's just symbolic of righteousness not that they have been resurrected. I was technically wrong to agree the robes are given at the time of the resurrection. I had the living saints that are changed without dying in mind...they would get their robes at the same timeframe as the resurrection but those who had been dead got robes long before.

So we're naked in heaven? lol You cannot be conscious of your surroundings without the breath of life in you. You're having a hard time grasping this fact.

Gen 3:19 NIV By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.”
Job 34:14-15 NIV If it were his intention and he withdrew his spirit and breath, 15all humanity would perish together and mankind would return to the dust.
Eccl 12:7 NIV and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

ewq1938

ewq1938

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

So we're naked in heaven?

Did you already forget the robes mentioned?

Again, you don't need a body to be conscious of your surroundings. Soul sleep is a false doctrine rejected by Christianity. What religion/denomination are you? Christadelphian?

Edited by ewq1938, 30 July 2015 - 04:01 PM.

ATP

ATP

Advanced Member

• Account Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Did you already forget the robes mentioned?

Let's tackle post 79 first and the breath of life.

ATP

ATP

Advanced Member

• Account Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Again, you don't need a body to be conscious of your surroundings. Soul sleep is a false doctrine rejected by Christianity. What religion/denomination are you? Christadelphian?

I'm a born again christian who studies Hebrew and Greek, and I'm simply going by what scripture plainly says about the breath of life.

ewq1938

ewq1938

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Let's tackle post 79 first and the breath of life.

That's been handled already. Your belief is incorrect.

What religion/denomination are you? Christadelphian? Seventh day Adventist? Jehovah's witness? Those are the only ones I know of that teach soul sleep.

ewq1938

ewq1938

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

I'm a born again christian who studies Hebrew and Greek

But is there a name for your denomination/church? Soul sleep is not taught in Protestant or Lutheran churches.

Do you also keep the Sabbath?

ATP

ATP

Advanced Member

• Account Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

But is there a name for your denomination/church? Soul sleep is not taught in Protestant or Lutheran churches.

Good way to dodge post 79.

ewq1938

ewq1938

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Good way to dodge post 79.

Who is the one dodging? I answered that before and a second time in post 80 yet you are dodging my question about your denomination. It's important for me to know your background so I can better understand why you believe as you do.

ATP

ATP

Advanced Member

• Account Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Who is the one dodging? I answered that before and a second time in post 80 yet you are dodging my question about your denomination. It's important for me to know your background so I can better understand why you believe as you do.

Why I believe we cannot exist without the breath of life in us? Are you being serious?

ewq1938

ewq1938

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Why I believe we cannot exist without the breath of life in us? Are you being serious?

Yes. Now, will you answer the question or not?

But is there a name for your denomination/church?

ATP

ATP

Advanced Member

• Account Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

It's funny. I've been on forums for three years now, and it's the same old routine. If someone doesn't agree with you they always ask you if you're a Jehovah Witness lol.

The Barrd

The Barrd

His Humble Servant

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Now, this is interesting.

When I asked you this same question, you told me you were "non-denominational", and I accepted that.

Now, I am curious...

What does "non-denominational" mean to you?

The Barrd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users