Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Christianity Board!
Christianity Board is a thriving forum community for registered members to share, pray, and respectfully debate about the faith in Jesus Christ. We are a nondenominational Christian forum in that we welcome the diversity of Christianity and we are not attached to any one denominational group. Join today for access to posting on the forums, chatting in the shoutbox, creating a blog, private messenger, profile features and so much more. May your time here be blessed in the name of Jesus!
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Staying Healthy

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Latte Queen

Latte Queen

• Christian Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

I have struggled with my weight all my life My husband does not think I need to lose weight 

I am active I walk alot I try to eat normally but I like my Sangria, wine and chocolate 

just need some advice please 

if others struggle too 

Latte Queen 

Jesus is the Answer 

Stranger

Stranger

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

I have struggled with my weight all my life My husband does not think I need to lose weight 

I am active I walk alot I try to eat normally but I like my Sangria, wine and chocolate 

just need some advice please 

if others struggle too 

Try fasting, but for the right reasons, to deny the flesh and become more spiritual and getting closer to God.   Start slow with a 24 hour fast.  Later, with a three day fast.   People in concentration camps don't struggle with overweight problem.  Because they don't eat enough.

Stranger

lforrest

lforrest

Advanced Member

• 1,570 posts

Try fasting, but for the right reasons, to deny the flesh and become more spiritual and getting closer to God. Start slow with a 24 hour fast. Later, with a three day fast. People in concentration camps don't struggle with overweight problem. Because they don't eat enough.

Stranger

Fast in order to lose weight and that is what you get. Fast to be nearer to God and that is what you'll get. It is a sacred time not to be diminished by alterior motives.

If you just want to lose weight then don't fast, diet. The down sides of fasting outweighs the benefits if you do it only to lose weight.

Now if your weight were so bad you wanted God's help, I could understand that.

liafailrock

liafailrock

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Unless you are carrying a lot of extra weight or have some medical condition, I think you otherwise sound normal.  Worrying excessively about weight is like the other myths like cholesterol, saturated fats and salt. It's based on FUD and stuff they push that you "need", be it (what I call) numbers lowering drugs, drugs for emotions, weight or whatever.  Women especially are concerned about body image but it's them (and perhaps the devil himself) laying this fear, guilt and inadequacy on oneself.  It's been taken at the cross.  Trust me, most guys don't mind as evidenced by what your own husband is saying.  I know.  I say the same thing to my wife, who is half my weight (I should be the one losing) and she beats herself up ad nauseum.  So I don't expect you to listen to me, either, but that's the way it is -- useless worrying about the flesh.  Think on spiritual things and that should take care of itself, otherwise, I'd say what you weigh is normal for you and stop trying to change the course of nature.

My interests include topics such as mathematics, astronomy, biblical prophecy and I am a gnomonist.  I joking call myself "Sir Isaac Newton lite".  My interests are the same as Sir Isaac Newton, who was IMO the greatest theologian.

Deborah_

Deborah_

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

It's good that your husband likes you as you are.

But perhaps you should ask your doctor if you need to lose weight for health reasons.

Nice things like wine and chocolate are great in moderation - but how much of them are you eating?

"In your hearts revere Christ as Lord." (I Peter 3:15)

https://deborahsbibl...s.wordpress.com

bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Where are you carrying your weight?

And, how prone to infections are you? UTIs, yeast infections, nail, skin, and/or ear infections, etc.

How many times have you had antibiotics in the last five years?

(these decimate your gut and other flora, and wreak havoc with digestion and immunity)

Edited by bbyrd009, 02 March 2017 - 07:49 AM.

"Creation is continuous, and never stops."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users