Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Christianity Board!
Christianity Board is a thriving forum community for registered members to share, pray, and respectfully debate about the faith in Jesus Christ. We are a nondenominational Christian forum in that we welcome the diversity of Christianity and we are not attached to any one denominational group. Join today for access to posting on the forums, chatting in the shoutbox, creating a blog, private messenger, profile features and so much more. May your time here be blessed in the name of Jesus!
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How many years ago did Dinosaurs last walk the earth?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Stranger

Stranger

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Please note post #19 is where YOU took it down a different road. I can hold my position just fine. You lead it somewhere else for some unknown reason, Which is why I emphasized you needed to bring it back around to the OP and stop derailing. 

Well, what I responded to was in post #19.  There was no derailing.   You made a  statement about all is just a theory cause we weren't there.  That just as silly as saying we don't really know if what is said about Jesus Christ is true, cause we weren't there.

So, you see, my comment was not derailing.  It was there to show how ludicrous your statement was.

Stranger

Born_Again

Born_Again

Advanced Member

• 1,312 posts

Well, what I responded to was in post #19.  There was no derailing.   You made a  statement about all is just a theory cause we weren't there.  That just as silly as saying we don't really know if what is said about Jesus Christ is true, cause we weren't there.

So, you see, my comment was not derailing.  It was there to show how ludicrous your statement was.

Stranger

Even more so. You knew my point. And look at the road you traveled down the rest of the thread. How long did it take you get back around to the OP? This is not uncommon for you on most threads. 

Stranger

Stranger

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Even more so. You knew my point. And look at the road you traveled down the rest of the thread. How long did it take you get back around to the OP? This is not uncommon for you on most threads. 

I never left the OP.   All I said was in response to the OP.   

I'm sure at times I have drifted away from the OP.  Like everyone does.  It is only natural if one wants to respond to everything being said by others.   Yourself included.  

Stranger

lforrest

lforrest

Advanced Member

• 1,604 posts

Stranger

All these creation theories rest upon a few verses.  Jesus' existence is shown clearly in half the bible and prophesied in the other half.  The absurdity of comparing the two in Post #19 is a giant straw man.

Stranger

Stranger

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

All these creation theories rest upon a few verses.  Jesus' existence is shown clearly in half the bible and prophesied in the other half.  The absurdity of comparing the two in Post #19 is a giant straw man.

It is not the amount of verses that is important.  It is that it is written in the Bible that makes it important.

This is one of the reasons we study the Bible; to learn what we don't know; to have God show us something that we didn't know before.  In other words, to say we were not there so we cannot know is a defeatist attitude.  One may as well say we can't know for sure about Christ because we were not there.  

Stranger

lforrest

lforrest

Advanced Member

• 1,604 posts

It is not the amount of verses that is important.  It is that it is written in the Bible that makes it important.

This is one of the reasons we study the Bible; to learn what we don't know; to have God show us something that we didn't know before.  In other words, to say we were not there so we cannot know is a defeatist attitude.  One may as well say we can't know for sure about Christ because we were not there.  

Stranger

If it weren't for the apostles who were there we wouldn't know about Jesus.  But good news for us, God deemed the subject important enough to give us many details.

When it comes to doctrine we should have a humble attitude, or as you call it defeatist, so we don't go off on a tangent from the truth revealed in scripture and make up our own story around it.  How does the saying go, "the best lies contain an element of truth."

Doctrine should be anchored in scripture firmly.  Sure a theory could be right if it doesn't contradict scripture, but there is no guarantee that it is right.

Stranger

Stranger

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

If it weren't for the apostles who were there we wouldn't know about Jesus.  But good news for us, God deemed the subject important enough to give us many details.

When it comes to doctrine we should have a humble attitude, or as you call it defeatist, so we don't go off on a tangent from the truth revealed in scripture and make up our own story around it.  How does the saying go, "the best lies contain an element of truth."

Doctrine should be anchored in scripture firmly.  Sure a theory could be right if it doesn't contradict scripture, but there is no guarantee that it is right.

I didn't call a humble attitude  defeatist.  I called the one who wants to say that we cant know because we were not there defeatist.   Such manipulation.  Your Roman brothers should be proud.

So, are you saying the best lies of Romanist doctrine contains an 'element of truth'?   I doiubt it.

What a stupid statement you made.  You are equating doctrine that is firmly equated in Scripture, with a 'no guarantee that is is right'.  

Stranger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users