Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Christianity Board Christian Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Can a Christian Backslide/lose salvation?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
154 replies to this topic

His By Grace

His By Grace

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
If you want an even clearer picture of what we believe as far as OSAS, then you could also read Charles Stanley's book, Eternal Security of the Believer. It goes into great detail on the whole subject, so that no one will think that we take the precious grace of Jesus lightly or carelessly. It's not about an excuse to sin. It's about a security needed to have a hope for the future; believing that Jesus paid it all and all to Him we owe. Though sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow!

ncsojourner

ncsojourner

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
(forgivenWretch;41432)
Only you and God know the answer to that, Franklin.B making life changes ...changes nothing/ baptism saves nobody/ reading your Bible is something one is required to do but still has nothing to do with one's actual salvation/praying alone does not save you eitherl.
1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

waynemlj

waynemlj

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi forgivenWretch,One who is truly regenerated by the Holy Spirit and given the gift of faith to believe in Jesus Christ as Savior, cannot lose salvation!1 Peter 1:3-4, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."Here's another proof of the permanence of salvation: Hebrews 12:2, "looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith . . ."One more proof: Romans 8:34,38,39, "Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died -- more than that, who was raised -- who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.For I am sure the neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all of creation will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."waynemlj

forgivenWretch

forgivenWretch

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationTennessee
Thank you Wayne,Wayne

WildB

WildB

• Christian Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Originally posted by fastforward:[qb] WildB,Thanks.If you cared to look at my little profile here at this site you will see trucking listed. In the good old U.S. of A. we ship more goods by truck than any other country in the world. And on the backs of all those truck trailers are placed these seals. Only authorized personnel can legally break the seals and only when they reach their destination, (excepting upon some sort of catastrophe and even then it is still only authorized personnel just a different set). It was good talking to you WildB,Fastforward [/qb]
I did. And hopefully we can put this dog to rest.I too understand SEALING. ALL safty valves on a Boiler are SEALED.The valve is set to a limit that lets the valve lift to mantain a safe operating pressure.When lifted it goes back to the limit operation without having to be ~RE-SEALED.Those that teach OSAS , ONCE SEALED AIN'T SEALED, are those that would by~pass the valve and jepordized the overal integaty of the boiler.Boilers with misfunctioning, improperly set or TAMPERED with safty valves KILL.Thats why the SEAL is important. Lets Let the Holy Spirit SEAL and not man's sillyness.I thank God Thru Jesus my Lord that I am SEALED untill the day of REDEMPTION.

Franklin

Franklin

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
(His By Grace;42031)
If you want an even clearer picture of what we believe as far as OSAS, then you could also read Charles Stanley's book, Eternal Security of the Believer. It goes into great detail on the whole subject, so that no one will think that we take the precious grace of Jesus lightly or carelessly. It's not about an excuse to sin. It's about a security needed to have a hope for the future; believing that Jesus paid it all and all to Him we owe. Though sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow!
I've read it... Not a very good book, and not very complete in answering objections. Go ahead and read it if you want to understand the viewpoint, but it wont impress you

Christina

Christina

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,901 posts
You guys are thinking sealed is the same as being saved it is not the 144,000 are believers and have been saved will be sealed. Sealing occurs only after you have been proven to have Gods truth of his Word fixed upon your mind it can come in stages there is believing and repenting seals the promise of salvation Something is not sealed or closed untill it is done and completed rightly teachings of men believers who are lukewarm complete sealing is reserved for those who are found worthy the sealing here is the oppisite of the seal (mark) of the beast those who are not sealed with truth are in danger of taking the wrong seal(mark) All pre-trib raptures believers risk this mistake not to count all the false teachers and preachers and those that believe falsness of men over God you may still be saved without being yet sealed this is future144,000 Sealed 1After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. 2Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: 3"Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God." 4Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel. 5From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed, from the tribe of Reuben 12,000, from the tribe of Gad 12,000, 6from the tribe of Asher 12,000, from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000, from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000, 7from the tribe of Simeon 12,000, from the tribe of Levi 12,000, from the tribe of Issachar 12,000, 8from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000, from the tribe of Joseph 12,000, from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.

Christina

Christina

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,901 posts
2 Corinthians 1:22who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.Ephesians 1:13In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promiseWhen one is baptised (that is believe and reptance) you have a promise of being completley sealed Ephesians 4:30Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.this promise is for the day of redemption, when those deemed worthy that is have truth in their mind will be sealed. Belief gets you the promise of being worthy it is you who decides by your choices if you will be among the sealed2 Timothy 2:19Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness." if you do not abstain from wickness you can lose your promise

Shan Missions

Shan Missions

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
By law, the government of the country has the power and authority to revoke a citizenship of any citizen when he/she committed crime against the country not deserve to be a citizen any more.God has power and authority of refusing any Christian to go to heaven who has committed sin and has not been forgiven. ( I mean backslider). Salvation is not a license to sin.

His By Grace

His By Grace

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Since God is doing the pleding and the promising, it's just like in the faith chapter of Hebrews (Ch. 11), where Abraham believed God and "called those things that were not as though they were." Remember, with God, time is really not an issue. Therefore, we ARE sealed unto the day of redemption. So, our salvation is technically complete now. We can enjoy the fruit of heaven here on earth. " For whatsoever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatsoever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." (Matthew 18:18)Franklin, I'm sorry the book Eternal Security wasn't good to you. Sometimes when we read things, we read with a certain expectation. Maybe you were looking for something more than he could give. He is a mere man and isn't going to misquote the Bible. Anyway, to each his own thoughts about this, but live for the Lord. That's a surety we can all agree on! Have a blessed day. It doesn't offend me whatsoever if anyone disagrees with me. BUT, I do have a right to believe what I believe. I will let the Spirit Himself convict me otherwise. style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

His By Grace

His By Grace

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
This is what my pastor sent to me:Mona let me explain IF I can those verses: Rev. 22:19 early Christians writers understood these verses as warnings to FALSE teachers who would TAMPER with or alter the content of the apocalypse. Such individuals by their actions reveal their unregenerate state and, therefore, are cursed with judgement and excluded from heaven. The actual Greek translation says God shall take away his part of the tree of life. If someone adds to or takes away he can NOT be a CHRISTIAN. This person can NEVER share in the BLESSINGS of those who have eternal life. Exodus 32:33 Here Moses was willing to die for his people. Remember when the children of Israel worshipped the golden calf?? God said He would punish the people who made the cow, and Moses was asking God to forgive them in other words give them another chance...if not blot me out of the book and let them in..Blot me out was another way of Moses saying end my life. Moses was willing to go to hell, and let the jews go to heaven......wow!!! There is soooo much here that I don't have enough space to put it all If you need more PLEASE let me know. A boof that really helps me and has helped many is "the belivers commentary" by William MacDonald... It's a verse by verse explanation of Hebrew and Greek VERY GOOD READING......Bro Dennis

His By Grace

His By Grace

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!! My first copy and paste!!!!!!!!!!style_emoticons/default/smile.gif I hope this will help anyone that needs or wants this information. Love in Christ to all!!!!!!!!!

waynemlj

waynemlj

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi Franklin,I'm not sure who started this thread about the possibility of losing one's salvation, but I'd like to help you to see that it is not possible for one who is ransomed by Jesus Christ to still be left as a captive of the devil. 1) Romans 8:34,38,39, "Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died -- more than that, who was raised -- who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us."Let's stop there for a moment. Do you see that if you have believed unto salvation, your Savior is at the right hand of God interceding constantly on your behalf. Do you think His prayers of intercession will not be answered by the Father? How about that for security?Continuing to verses 38 and 39, "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."Is that not a good enough guarantee that once you have been saved, you are saved for all eternity?Or do some think that Jesus gave believers only temporary life? That's not what Jesus said, is it?John 10:28-29 "I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand."This last verse speaks of an eternal covenant made between the Father and the Son before the foundation of the world, even.Who is going to thwart the eternal plans of our God?Salvation is forever and ever and ever . . . that's what eternal life means!waynemlj

Shan Missions

Shan Missions

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
(waynemlj;42348)
Hi Franklin,I'm not sure who started this thread about the possibility of losing one's salvation, but I'd like to help you to see that it is not possible for one who is ransomed by Jesus Christ to still be left as a captive of the devil. 1) Romans 8:34,38,39, "Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died -- more than that, who was raised -- who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us."Let's stop there for a moment. Do you see that if you have believed unto salvation, your Savior is at the right hand of God interceding constantly on your behalf. Do you think His prayers of intercession will not be answered by the Father? How about that for security?Continuing to verses 38 and 39, "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."Is that not a good enough guarantee that once you have been saved, you are saved for all eternity?Or do some think that Jesus gave believers only temporary life? That's not what Jesus said, is it?John 10:28-29 "I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand."This last verse speaks of an eternal covenant made between the Father and the Son before the foundation of the world, even.Who is going to thwart the eternal plans of our God?Salvation is forever and ever and ever . . . that's what eternal life means!waynemlj
Matthew 7:21-2721 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord ,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord , did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' 24 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash." NOT everyone who are called "Christians" will go to heaven. Only those who do the will of the Father.Claiming that you have salvation (forever and never loose) but still keep on sinning, doing opposite the will of the Father, so how can you go to heaven? I am afraid heaven will be full of such SINNERS who declared "once saved and ever saved"

zail

zail

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
I know it's just fun to figure stuff out through Bible study, but I just want to make a point in case anyone involved in this thread is worried that they'll loose their salvation: I think the important question we each have to ask is: "How can I make sure that I get to be a part of God's Kingdom for eternity?" We ask a lot of questions that don't have to pertain to us, if we're covered. For example: Can people survive on Mars? Well, if I stay on Earth, I don't need to know the answer to that! Christ will stay true to the requirements He placed. We have security in what He said, if nothing else. style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

VISIONARY

VISIONARY

• Christian Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Adam and Eve were saved, then fell. Lucifer was not only saved, but in Heaven, and now he is NOT saved. Pretty good proof status can change I'd say. Hitler? A young boy in Catholic school, I am sure he had to have prayed some sincere prayers just after the age of consent, and he was saved then, but sure was not later. I think if the once saved thing was true, we would have only the commandment to worship the true God then.

Christina

Christina

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,901 posts
(VISIONARY;42367)
Adam and Eve were saved, then fell. Lucifer was not only saved, but in Heaven, and now he is NOT saved. Pretty good proof status can change I'd say. Hitler? A young boy in Catholic school, I am sure he had to have prayed some sincere prayers just after the age of consent, and he was saved then, but sure was not later. I think if the once saved thing was true, we would have only the commandment to worship the true God then.
Lucifer was never saved! He was created perfect the full pattern when he became full of pride and decided he should be god he fell, he was never saved he walked to and fro upon the earth and went to speak with God because he is an Angel and not bound by laws of flesh He is only in heaven Now because he is held there against his will by Michael, because for all intensive purposes he was defeated by Christ dying on the crossHe will wage war and be cast to earth again to reek his havok and he is the only one who has already been condemed to death by God so not ever think he was saved he is condemed to death

Unorthodox Christian

Unorthodox Christian

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
Satan is not in Heaven, he is in the World. If you actually tell people that he has A body in heaven and his Spirit is in the World. You are teaching your own doctrine Kriss. If you say this, you are admitting he is omnipresent, when Only God is omnipresent.

Letsgofishing

Letsgofishing

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts
New approach Everybody here agrees that God will not violate our free will, we are not forced by him to do anything. In the same way Salvation is not forced on us even when we become saved, we have the free will to turn back from god and lose our salvation. If we were forced to accept God forever when we become saved God would violate our free will.

Aleks_Kravchuk

Aleks_Kravchuk

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
(Letsgofishing;42387)
New approach Everybody here agrees that God will not violate our free will, we are not forced by him to do anything. In the same way Salvation is not forced on us even when we become saved, we have the free will to turn back from god and lose our salvation. If we were forced to accept God forever when we become saved God would violate our free will.
AMEN. Salvation is not something you cannot ever loose. Salvation must be held on to. Everyday. If we die in even 1 sin, we will not be in Heaven for nothing that is unclean Revelations 21:27 22:13-15Salvation is a gift that you must hold on to. Romans 6:23. There is an enemy who is trying to take it away from you. Be Blessed.

Christina

Christina

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,901 posts
(Shan Missions;42362)
Matthew 7:21-2721 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord ,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord , did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' 24 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash." NOT everyone who are called "Christians" will go to heaven. Only those who do the will of the Father.Claiming that you have salvation (forever and never loose) but still keep on sinning, doing opposite the will of the Father, so how can you go to heaven? I am afraid heaven will be full of such SINNERS who declared "once saved and ever saved"
Amen you have it right Shan anyone thinking that predestination or OSAS is the doctrine of God is in danger of losing their very soul Heed Gods Word closley Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.This is the second death the death of your soul you are only sealed in the promise of being saved IF, IF, IF, you obey Gods Laws and Words God reserves punishment for false teachers, preachers and those who will fall prey to the great delusion of Antichrist pray that it not be the second death for testing is yet to come only the Overcomers will be fully sealed (that is complete knowing the full truth of the of God ) the full sealing is yet to happen.

Jackie D

Jackie D

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
(kriss;42384)
Lucifer was never saved! He was created perfect the full pattern when he became full of pride and decided he should be god he fell, he was never saved he walked to and fro upon the earth and went to speak with God because he is an Angel and not bound by laws of flesh
agreed
He is only in heaven Now because he is held there against his will by Michael,
Kriss, will you please show me scripture which says that Satan still is in heaven and held against his will by Michael? thank you
because for all intensive purposes he was defeated by Christ dying on the cross
agreed
he is the only one who has already been condemed to death by God so not ever think he was saved he is condemed to death
agreed

Christina

Christina

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,901 posts
(Unorthodox Christian;42386)
Satan is not in Heaven, he is in the World. If you actually tell people that he has A body in heaven and his Spirit is in the World. You are teaching your own doctrine Kriss. If you say this, you are admitting he is omnipresent, when Only God is omnipresent.
No you are not reading what Gods Word says about Satan(Ez.28) he is an Angel the most beatiful powerful, full of knowledge Angel ever created he is supernatural not omnipresent and I have never said otherwise he is being held in Heaven against his will by Michael (Rev.9 & 12) Sense the day Christ died. and will be cast to earth just as God says not me

Christina

Christina

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,901 posts
[quote name='Jackie D;42392]agreedKriss' date=' will you please show me scripture which says that Satan still is in heaven and held against his will by Michael? thank youSure Jackie Satan the dragon, and his fallen angels have not been able to walk to and fro upon the earth in person sense the death on the cross only his evil influence that is upon the earth and works through the tares and sin until Gods appointed time that is the 5th/6th trump that starts the tribulationToday Satan is in heaven accusing the saints before the Lord.God and Michael and his angels hold him back Revelation 12:7 "And there was war in heaven: Mi'-cha-el and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,," The war is between Satan [the dragon'] and his angels, who are fighting against Michael and his angels. Satan will lose. Revelation 12:8 "And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven."This is the time of the sounding of the fifth trumpet, when Satan and his fallen angels are released upon the earth Satan will be here on earth deceiving all mankind, Revelation 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Sa'-tan, which deceived the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."Revelation 12:10 "And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power [authority] of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night."This is why Satan's other name is "the accuser", for he continually stands before God's throne accusing all the saints of God. Revelation 12:11 "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."When Satan and his fallen angles are cast out onto the earth, the "elect" and those who have the seal of God in their minds will overcome them through the power given them in Christ's blood. You are the "elect" when you understand who Satan is, and what will come to pass. God has promised us that we have power over Satan, and God's protection is extended to each of those sealed in their minds. Revelation 12:12 "Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."When Satan is caste out, those souls in heaven will start a celebration in heaven. Those are the Christians that have died and are in heaven with the Father. However, Satan [the devil] is coming to earth with his angels to bring the wrath of their deception with them. Satan is not after your body, but after your soul. Satan knows God's word, and the judgment passed upon him. He is sentenced to death already, and he knows his time is short. He will come to earth with his bag of tricks, and lying wonders, and the with authority from God to deceive every man on this earth. The only exception is to those who have the seal [knowledge] of God [written in God's Word] in their minds for they will not be deceived. Revelation 12:13 "And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child."We see the woman here again, "Israel", who is now identified and promoting Jesus Christ. Though Satan has the rest of the heathen world, but also he wants your soul. If you still think the woman [Israel] are the Jews, It will be almost impossible for you to understand this. For "Israel" is the offspring also of the ten tribes that were scattered. Yet today they exist in large part as the Christian nations of the world.Also in luke we see Satan gets cast to earthLuk 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. notice how simular this is to Christ's second coming Satan is the great pretender a liar

bondsemerson

bondsemerson

• Christian Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I have backslided badly fell into the pit of drink and drugs again I was going to church and reading my bible and praying and felt I was doing well,but the temptations of the world is strong so fell back into the ways of the world...Problem I have now is that I am to embarrased to prey to God or even go back to church so I try to avoid God at all costs,I know this is wrong just really confused at the moment...I am sure if anyone else that is reading this that is in the same position as me will understand when you backslide it is very hard to get back on track,you feel you arnt good enough...I just hope I have not lost my salvation cos I still love my god and belive he sent his only son to die for me,please prey for me...Thanks for reading I am just a little down at moment.style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Christina

Christina

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,901 posts
Dear bondsemerson you have not lost your salvation you have just sinned and fallen out of Grace temporarily Good news is grace is free to all upon repentance your father loves you he prays you will turn to him backsliding is human God understands this Do not let him down by your own human shame rise above the shame that any sinner feels and reach out to your father he there waiting for you to love him more than you hate your shame you are.in my prayers

Letsgofishing

Letsgofishing

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts
(bondsemerson;42411)
I have backslided badly fell into the pit of drink and drugs again I was going to church and reading my bible and praying and felt I was doing well,but the temptations of the world is strong so fell back into the ways of the world...Problem I have now is that I am to embarrased to prey to God or even go back to church so I try to avoid God at all costs,I know this is wrong just really confused at the moment...I am sure if anyone else that is reading this that is in the same position as me will understand when you backslide it is very hard to get back on track,you feel you arnt good enough...I just hope I have not lost my salvation cos I still love my god and belive he sent his only son to die for me,please prey for me...Thanks for reading I am just a little down at moment.style_emoticons/default/sad.gif
" I still love my god and believe he sent his only son to die for me" sounds like your saved. You cannot lose your salvation by your sins, because quite frankly we all already lost salvation to our sins. But we regain our salvation through believe in Jesus Christ A believe you have. I'll be praying

Christina

Christina

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,901 posts
LGF is right we lose our salvation if we choose to throw away our faith and belief in Christ not for sinning and backsliding or we would all be lost

Elf

Elf

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
(kriss;41422)
Absoulty though some will tell you no!
Absolutely? Prove it by scripture.
The tribulation will be bring Antichrist to the World we are told and warned that the delusion will be so strong that God shortened the time or even the Elect if possable would be fooled. Into believing him to be christand the whole world followed after the beast that is Satan
This does not relate to the question.
Now What does God Say to us about this falling away from him
For one to fall away, they first must be a Christian, where is their proof in these three verses that they are about true believers?
Mat 7:21 ΒΆ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Elf

Elf

Advanced Member

• Christian Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
(kriss;42391)
Amen you have it right Shan anyone thinking that predestination or OSAS is the doctrine of God is in danger of losing their very soul Heed Gods Word closley Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.This is the second death the death of your soul you are only sealed in the promise of being saved IF, IF, IF, you obey Gods Laws and Words God reserves punishment for false teachers, preachers and those who will fall prey to the great delusion of Antichrist pray that it not be the second death for testing is yet to come only the Overcomers will be fully sealed (that is complete knowing the full truth of the of God ) the full sealing is yet to happen.
This verse has nothing to do with your statement: "Amen you have it right Shan anyone thinking that predestination or OSAS is the doctrine of God is in danger of losing their very soul Heed Gods Word closley"...What does this have to do with OSAS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users