πνεύματι (pneumati) vs πνεῦμα (pneuma)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
can.of.soup — 03/16/2023 1:03 AM
I was having a really tough time tonight, I struggle with some unchecked mental issues, but reading what you had sent me genuinely helped me calm down and I really truly thank you and the lord for that.
I think right now the only thing stopping me from truly saying I believe in Jesus Christ is that anxious feeling of “what if I’m actually lying to myself? What if I’m only saying these things to try and ease my fear of death?” I am a very anxious person and certainly an over thinker. I do know you helping me has opened up a little part of me who truly does believe, but there’s still that anxious voice in the back of my head telling me I’m lying to myself.
I never thought I’d be a Christian or even think any of this to be true because of those harmful stereotypes and those other Christian’s with evil intentions, but you’ve helped me quite a lot. I was always scared of religion, to be honest I started believing in Greek gods because all my friends were, but I think now I truly believe in Jesus Christ. When I die I want to be saved, I want to continue to live life with the comfort that there is something else out there, and.. ack I don’t know how to put this into words without it sounding as a form of greed, sometimes I have trouble formulating sentences. The little belief that my anxious voice hasn’t crushed fills me with comfort about what’s to come.
Another question I do have is, if someone had died due to suicide whether it be the influence of a demon or mental health issues, if they were a believer of Jesus Christ would they still be saved? I’ve heard a couple different things but the big one being taking your own life is a sin of some sort. Or put it into different words, what if I (completely rhetorical) took my own life to be saved because
Things on earth got to be too much. Would that be a sin of some sort of im doing it solely to be saved?
can.of.soup — 03/16/2023 1:06 AM
Ah your excitement being a smile to my face!! That’s so cool how you found that out!!!
can.of.soup — 03/16/2023 1:20 AM
And I’m so proud of you for overcoming those suicidal thoughts!! I know things get super hard, and of course I don’t want to get too personal if you’re not comfortable with that, but I am very very proud of you!!:)
can.of.soup — 03/16/2023 11:40 PM
That is truly spectacular!! It must be fate, it must!!! I really want to thank you for spreading gods message, if it wasn’t for you going through discord servers and facing what I can only describe is borderline verbal abuse, you have found me and you have helped me!! I think I can say, with my full chest, I truly believe in Jesus Christ!
AHH AND SOMETHING SUPER SUPER AMAZING HAPPENED TODAY!!!! I have no one else to share it with but I must share it with you because it’s something I can only describe as a sign, something to tell me I’ve made the right choice. Last year one of my best friends moved to Edmonton, five hours away, and I do not drive so I have no way of seeing her but a day after I accepted Jesus Christ, she tells me she’s moving back!!!! This all feels so surreal, there’s no way it can simply be a “coincidence”. The date, my friend, my sudden bad luck has turned good, and it feels like I’m doing much better mentally now!!
If it’s okay with you, I’d like to remain friends:) you’ve helped me so much and I still feel I may have more questions in the future!
Hehe, questions such as
The topic of Heaven. I want to talk about what sort of boundaries there are, if there are any. Like you had said before, flying around like the angels do sounds spectacular! But is there a limit as to what you can do? Like say for example, shape shifting of sorts. Could I turn myself into a dragon if I had pleased, or turn myself into the opposite gender?
And another question that’s a bit more personal, a couple months ago I had heard a voice and had chalked it up to it merely being a ghost. At the time I heavily believed in ghosts and was honestly freaking out XD but now thinking back to that experience, could it have been a demon communicating in a sort? All it had said was “hey” in a whisper-yell sort of tone before I panicked and flipped on every single light I could find XD but the atmosphere had felt so heavy when it happened. After I had mostly calmed down, I got a nosebleed and a splitting headache. I am prone to nose bleeds and headache but it had been so long since I had either and them happening at the same time feels again, can’t in my mind be a coincidence
So I reply with the following
Hmm… interesting personal experience. There’s Holy Ghosts, the one that now dwells within you and evil ghosts (spirits), the one you encountered.
1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
spirit,
πνεύματι (pneumati)
Noun - Dative Neuter Singular
Strong's 4151: Wind, breath, spirit.
4151. πνεῦμα (pneuma) here is used to describe “ghost” too.
The evil spirits aka demons can talk,
Talking through a human host: Luke 8:30 And he said, “Legion,” for many demons had entered him
Talking as an evil spirit: Job 1:7 Satan answered the LORD, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”
So, it’s good you turned on the light. In a way, that was like you “testing the spirit”. Demons despise the light John 3:19-21, as they prefer staying in the darkness to hide their evil deeds, rather than be exposed. Light overcomes darkness. All will receive forgiveness through faith in Christ, the true light John 8:12, and be saved permanently from the dark.
John 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
A good test is to find the “fruit” of any spirit.
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
You describe the “atmosphere had felt so heavy” which contradicts the fruit pf peace and got a “nosebleed and splitting headache” which contradicts the fruit of gentleness and joy.
Similar to your experience with your friend moving back, this does not seem like a coincidence either. It was planned in advance for everyone to, of their own free will, become believers in Jesus Christ and be washed of all sin to be made holy. The circumstances that led me to have faith in Christ Jesus, and your own circumstances, I see as no mere coincidences.
Ephesians 1:4 Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love
Overall, feel free to ask me as much questions as you want my friend. I greatly enjoy looking through Bible verses and answering your question, it’s like being a detective or solving a mystery! I even showed my sister what I wrote to you and she said “Aww that’s nice :biggrin”. A good way of proofreading my writing! I pray that you are protected from evil spirits, and given much joy and happiness, both you and your friend The Holy Spirits blessings to you my friend :biggrin