‘he shall suffer loss’

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 3:14-15 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. [15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Luke 17:24-25 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day. [25] But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

Acts 9:11,15-16 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,...

...But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: [16] For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

‘he shall suffer loss’ Philippians 3:3-11 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. [4] Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: [5] Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; [6] Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. [7] But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. [8] Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, [9] And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: [10] That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; [11] If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Luke 9:22-24 Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day. [23] And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. [24] For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Matthew 16:24-25 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. [25] For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
i've been suffering all these years was like a living hell and the world has also rejected me i do not belong in this world

this generation is too foreign to me i used to live a normal life but now i am abnormal

but like i've been saying to myself with these kind of thoughts eventually this will kill me so let's just forget about it let's just accept the fact that the world does not like me does not welcome me and just focus on the word of God to continue living in this shitty world

but probably this is not about for christ sake but because i am just a shitty person

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i've been suffering all these years was like a living hell and the world has also rejected me i do not belong in this world

this generation is too foreign to me i used to live a normal life but now i am abnormal

but like i've been saying to myself with these kind of thoughts eventually this will kill me so let's just forget about it let's just accept the fact that the world does not like me does not welcome me and just focus on the word of God to continue living in this shitty world

but probably this is not about for christ sake but because i am just a shitty person

I don’t really know what to say. I’ve felt a lot of what you said above and can relate. There has always been this emptiness inside of me where I value so much what others think. And rejection, it is so hurtful. There is this conflict of why care what others think but I do care no matter how hard I try not to. always searching for love and acceptance in maybe the wrong places. Where the rejection controls and dominates. The conflict of asking always how to be content with God’s love and acceptance and mercy alone (which is everything). To not need acceptance from the world where no matter what you do, it will never be pleased or satisfied. I don’t know you so I don’t know if you are a shitty person. I’ve been a shitty person and am still a shitty person in ways. Can also relate to what you said of once being normal then abnormal. There was a time where I went along with desires and wants and pursuits and had all these ideas of the future I could achieve and obtain. Then waking up felt totally deceived first, then abnormally no longer fitting anywhere not knowing what to peruse, or want, or desire. One reason the above passages were important to me, it helped with ‘conforming’ and application to life. In Considering the above, seeing I sometimes want to conform others to what I want them to be and use the flesh to do this and get my way. ‘but probably this is not about for christ sake but because i am just a shitty person’.

Consider: Love is patient. love is kind and does not demand its own way.

What Paul said in having no confidence in the flesh ...but instead it is the Spirit which transforms. maybe what is needed(not speaking for you but my own struggle) is the loss of this thought that the flesh can conform but instead rather go to God who is able to transform. The loss of the flesh and using ‘manipulation, control, guilt, pity, sulking, anger, demanding’ thrust upon another to conform which in the end it is the Spirit which only has the power to transform and give Life. hope something helps. Appreciate your honesty.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
‘Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; [6] Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.’

Maybe others can help? (Imo) what Paul is saying is: Justification of self attributes and ‘titles’ profit nothing. I; circumcised on the eighth day. I; of the stock of Benjamin. I; an Hebrew of Hebrews. I; a Pharisee. I; persecuting the church. I; blameless. Benefits nothing, transforms nothing...but instead ‘Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things,’
‘be ye transformed by the renewing of the mind’

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 3:14-15 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. [15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
I think the loss being spoken of here is loss of rewards. Namely, having the reward of those you successfully ministered to in this life present with you in the next.

19For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? 20Indeed, you are our glory and joy. 1 Thessalonians 2:19

...you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus. 2 Corinthians 1:14

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the loss being spoken of here is loss of rewards. Namely, having the reward of those you successfully ministered to in this life present with you in the next.

19For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? 20Indeed, you are our glory and joy. 1 Thessalonians 2:19

...you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus. 2 Corinthians 1:14

Makes me think of 2 Corinthians 7:13-16 Therefore we were comforted in your comfort: yea, and exceedingly the more joyed we for the joy of Titus, because his spirit was refreshed by you all. [14] For if I have boasted any thing to him of you, I am not ashamed; but as we spake all things to you in truth, even so our boasting, which I made before Titus, is found a truth. [15] And his inward affection is more abundant toward you, whilst he remembereth the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling ye received him. [16] I rejoice therefore that I have confidence in you in all things.

I rejoice therefore that I have confidence in you in all things. —been meditating on that “confidence” which in lexicon is also ...of good courage, boldness 1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Psalm 27:14 Wait on the Lord : be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Makes me think of 2 Corinthians 7:13-16 Therefore we were comforted in your comfort: yea, and exceedingly the more joyed we for the joy of Titus, because his spirit was refreshed by you all. [14] For if I have boasted any thing to him of you, I am not ashamed; but as we spake all things to you in truth, even so our boasting, which I made before Titus, is found a truth. [15] And his inward affection is more abundant toward you, whilst he remembereth the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling ye received him. [16] I rejoice therefore that I have confidence in you in all things.

I rejoice therefore that I have confidence in you in all things. —been meditating on that “confidence” which in lexicon is also ...of good courage, boldness 1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Psalm 27:14 Wait on the Lord : be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
13their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 1 Corinthians 3:13-14

14Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” c Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. Philippians 2:14-16