“...and we will come into him, and make our abode with him.”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

consider ‘we will come’ ‘and make our abode with him’ ...not sure how I’ve always heard the ‘and make our abode with him’ maybe more as stagnant. but consider the ‘make our abode with him’ as active, a verb of doing; ... ‘we will come and build (make) (build up) (construct) our abode (house) the ‘habitation of God’ with him.

Strong's Greek: 4160. ποιέω (poieó) -- to make, do
poieó: to make, do
Original Word: ποιέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: poieó
Phonetic Spelling: (poy-eh'-o)
Definition: to make, do
Usage: (a) I make, manufacture, construct, (b) I do, act, cause.

1 Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:20-22 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded (made) together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Matthew 16:15-18 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? [16] And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. [17] And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. [18] And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build (make, construct) my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“...and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 12:7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

Ephesians 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working (making) of his power.

Colossians 1:23-25 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; [24] Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: [25] Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
‘...which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;...”1 Corinthians 11:23-24 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: [24] And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Romans 12:7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;(of the Spirit who ‘even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.) abide, abode ‘in him’. John 8:35-36 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. [36] If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

John 14:23-26 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. [24] He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. [25] These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. [26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

“...and we will come unto him, and make (active) our abode with him (a lively stone)joined and built upon ‘the Living God’.

1 John 2:23-27 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. [24] Let that therefore abide in you, (we will come and make (active) our abode with him) which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.(we will come and make our abode with him) [25] And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. [26] These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. [27] But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
“...and we will come unto him, and make (active, will build) our abode with him.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

thank you. Beautiful!

One I’ve been hearing a lot lately and is Joy to the world, the Lord is come. Let earth receive her King...

heard it countless times but never noticed “Let earth receive her King!”
2 Peter 3:11-13 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, [12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? [13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Curious if you have any thoughts on “Let earth receive her King!”

do you think an earth wherein dwells unrighteousness will ever receive Him as King?

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thank you. Beautiful!

One I’ve been hearing a lot lately and is Joy to the world, the Lord is come. Let earth receive her King...

heard it countless times but never noticed “Let earth receive her King!”
2 Peter 3:11-13 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, [12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? [13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Curious if you have any thoughts on “Let earth receive her King!”

do you think an earth wherein dwells unrighteousness will ever receive Him as King?
You are an earthy vessel, recieve the Holy Spirit.
Abide in Him as He abides in You.

Let earth receive her King!
Be Born Again
Amen!!
Thank You!
Hugs

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are an earthy vessel, recieve the Holy Spirit.
Abide in Him as He abides in You.

Let earth receive her King!
Be Born Again
Amen!!
Thank You!
Hugs

wherein dwells the King!

Colossians 2:6-7 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: [7] Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And heavn and nature sing
And heavn and nature sing
And heavn, and heavn, and nature sing

I see heaven as the realm of heart and mind. They are hidden under the flesh/body/soul
And yet the "heavenly" are above the "earthy".
Your heart and mind control the body. Without either one.. you can't live.

So I sing:
Let heart, mind and soul sing
Let Heart, mind and soul sing
Let Heart and mind and soul sing.

Just how I hear it.. :)

Thou shalt Love the Lord thy God
With all thine heart, with all thy mind, and with all thy might.

it rhymes better the other way though.. :)
Hugs

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

consider ‘we will come’ ‘and make our abode with him’ ...not sure how I’ve always heard the ‘and make our abode with him’ maybe more as stagnant. but consider the ‘make our abode with him’ as active, a verb of doing; ... ‘we will come and build (make) (build up) (construct) our abode (house) the ‘habitation of God’ with him.

Strong's Greek: 4160. ποιέω (poieó) -- to make, do
poieó: to make, do
Original Word: ποιέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: poieó
Phonetic Spelling: (poy-eh'-o)
Definition: to make, do
Usage: (a) I make, manufacture, construct, (b) I do, act, cause.

1 Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:20-22 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone ; [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: [22] In whom ye also are builded (made) together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Matthew 16:15-18 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? [16] And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. [17] And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. [18] And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build (make, construct) my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

you never heard of walking with the Lord and the Lord walking with you. the in dwelling of the Holy Spirit so on and so forth? really?

as I do believe Paul explains you are a temple of the Lord because His Presence is supposed to be with and in you. look up what Jesus says about the Father in Him and He in the Father and He also says He in us when born of the Holy Spirit. the Son has basically shared His Life with those who have come unto Him.

if, the big if, if you are born again He abides in you and you with Him this is the Life of Christ given.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." John 17:20-23

So then here the question considering that Jesus was praying to His Father: Was Jesus a righteous man fervently praying for you and for me?

"...pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16

So then back to the beginning of the OP:

Not only a fleeting touch but a continuous thing, an abiding...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not until that unrighteousness is rooted out I'm afraid.
That is the stubborness of heart that enjoys the things of this world more than those of the Lord.
They will come under a lot of afflictions. We see it happening today in this fear riddled world of covid.
The uncertainty of keeping ones business open, being able to attend church.
These are tribulations for many. They will lose their jobs, their homes, their savings,
their "comfort zone" .
God is waking people up. He is shaking the world.
He wants them to find him, but they refuse to look.
Many are turning as we speak. They are learning that the only true help is God himself.
He is the only true peace. He is our Joy, and our hope.
All of our "savings" are invested in him and his in us.

There will be those who will never turn, repent. And they will just wander on until their appointment with death arrives,
never knowing or coming to the truth.

That is why we pray.. Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.
Hoping they will find ears that hear and eyes that see to lead them home.

Hugs

Reactions: amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you never heard of walking with the Lord and the Lord walking with you. the in dwelling of the Holy Spirit so on and so forth? really?

as I do believe Paul explains you are a temple of the Lord because His Presence is supposed to be with and in you. look up what Jesus says about the Father in Him and He in the Father and He also says He in us when born of the Holy Spirit. the Son has basically shared His Life with those who have come unto Him.

if, the big if, if you are born again He abides in you and you with Him this is the Life of Christ given.

Philemon 1:5-7 Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints; [6] That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. [7] For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother.

Philemon 1:20 Yea, brother, let me have joy of thee in the Lord: refresh my bowels in the Lord.

1 John 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

Philippians 1:8-11 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. [9] And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; [10] That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; [11] Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Repeat the sounding joy
Repeat the sounding joy
Repeat, repeat, the sounding joy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philemon 1:5-7 Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints; [6] That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. [7] For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother.

Philemon 1:20 Yea, brother, let me have joy of thee in the Lord: refresh my bowels in the Lord.

1 John 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

Philippians 1:8-11 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. [9] And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; [10] That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; [11] Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Repeat the sounding joy
Repeat the sounding joy
Repeat, repeat, the sounding joy
Patience is a virtue.
I'm working on a study.. I keep forgetting to get back there.. so much to do, so little time lol
But Kindness is at the root of virtue for sure.

And virtue is a gift :)
You are a blessing!
Hugs

Reactions: VictoryinJesus