“exalteth himself”: the falling away.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“exalteth himself”: the falling away...putting Him(the Lord) to an open shame.(dishonor)Is the falling away to reveal “he who exalts himself”...?

Hebrews 6:5-9
And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, [6] If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. [7] For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: [8] But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned. [9] But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

Questions concerning Hebrews 6: 5-9. The word says they have tasted the good word and powers of the world to come...then fall away? Fall away from obedience in Christ To ‘exalted himself’ ?

It says they put Him to an open shame ...then gives the comparison of the earth drinks of the rain and brings forth herbs for him who dressed it. But that which brings forth thorns and briers...is rejected. “...But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.”
Galatians 5:22-26 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. [24] And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. [25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. [26] Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 Speaks of a falling away:

[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come , except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; [4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Luke 14:11
[11] For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Hosea 13:1-4
[1] When Ephraim spake trembling, he exalted himself in Israel; but when he offended in Baal, he died. [2] And now they sin more and more, and have made them molten images of their silver, and idols according to their own understanding, all of it the work of the craftsmen: they say of them, Let the men that sacrifice kiss the calves. [3] Therefore they shall be as the morning cloud, and as the early dew that passeth away, as the chaff that is driven with the whirlwind out of the floor, and as the smoke out of the chimney. [4] Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

2 Corinthians 11:18-20
[18] Seeing that many glory after the flesh, I will glory also. [19] For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise. [20] For ye suffer, if a man bring you into bondage, if a man devour you , if a man take of you , if a man exalt himself, if a man smite you on the face.

2 Corinthians 11:29-31
[29] Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not? [30] If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities. [31] The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

Luke 18:14
[14] I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

1 Peter 5:6-7
[6] Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: [7] Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Revealing the Sons of God: Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God ...cast your care on Him.(Spirit) Cast your flesh on Him. Cast everything upon Him. He cares for you. (Honour) never will the children of God be ashamed for trusting in Him (Spirit).

Revealing the son of sin in: “he exalted himself”...that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; [4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. (Dishonor)

Is this not already happening? In those who exalt themselves above Christ(Spirit) all that is the Lord God? The dividing line being the Son of God in that which is exalted of ‘himself’ above the Son and that which is submitted to and underneath the obedience of ONE which is Christ? “Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.”

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:3-11
[3] Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. [4] Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. [5] Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. [6] Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. [7] Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. [8] Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. [9] Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. [10] Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. [11] Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you , and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.