“his own works were evil”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John speaks of “in this” the children of God are manifest ...but also the children of the devil. He brings Cain into it, saying Cain “was of that wicked one, and killed his brother.” In the context it is shown one who hates and kills his brother. Because “his own works were evil” . But then God said “we know we have passed from death unto Life “because we love the brethren.”

In the same passage the word says “Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.”

John 3:19-20 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. [20] For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

1 John 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

“For every one that does evil hates the light”
What is “the light”?
remember Cain “because his own works were evil” he killed his brother. And now “marvel not” that “because his own works are evil” ...the world hates you and wants to kill you. For every one that does evil hates the Light. John 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

because “I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil” that could be taken so many ways. One being as a green light to testify “our own works are evil” by hating and killing our brother. some ugly spewing. But how did He (Christ)testify the works were evil...by the opposite. 1 Peter 3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

To prove what is acceptable is to prove what is not. He has chosen for His inheritance “the blessing” acceptable to God. “Blessed are the merciful for they shall receive mercy.” “Through blessing you will be blessed.” “All nations shall be blessed through thee.” He has not chosen for His inheritance the curse. Neither has He chosen the world (which hates and seeks to kill)but those chosen (separated) out from the World those no longer of that which hates and seeks to kill. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

”not willing that any should perish” Matthew 26:42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

“...except I drink it, thy will be done.” “Not willing that any should perish.”

on the boat in the storm the disciples cried out to Jesus Christ. “Do you not care that we perish?” While we were yet in our sins, He gave His flesh for the Life of the world. Caring that we perish. In no man takes My life from Me...I have the power to Lay down My Life...later the disciples would have that same power given to them by the Spirit of God in them “no man takes my life...I lay it down.”

Luke 6:22-23 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. [23] Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

and cast our your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake. What about having friendship with the world. What if it means to be in agreement with its ways of “his own works were evil and therefore he killed his brother.”

God said “marvel not, when the world hates you.” John 3:16-19 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. [19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

”because their deeds were evil.” The fruit evidenced as going about “to kill their brother.” what is the difference between the world that hates and wants to kill its brother. As Christ said they hate Him. And Christ whose works are good therefore the Light which exposes the evil?

Last edited:

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 John speaks of “in this” the children of God are manifest ...but also the children of the devil. He brings Cain into it, saying Cain “was of that wicked one, and killed his brother.” In the context it is shown one who hates and kills his brother. Because “his own works were evil” . But then God said “we know we have passed from death unto Life “because we love the brethren.”

In the same passage the word says “Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.”

John 3:19-20 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. [20] For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

1 John 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

“For every one that does evil hates the light”
What is “the light”?
remember Cain “because his own works were evil” he killed his brother. And now “marvel not” that “because his own works are evil” ...the world hates you and wants to kill you. For every one that does evil hates the Light. John 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

because “I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil” that could be taken so many ways. One being as a green light to testify “our own works are evil” by hating and killing our brother. some ugly spewing. But how did He (Christ)testify the works were evil...by the opposite. 1 Peter 3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

To prove what is acceptable is to prove what is not. He has chosen for His inheritance “the blessing” acceptable to God. “Blessed are the merciful for they shall receive mercy.” “Through blessing you will be blessed.” “All nations shall be blessed through thee.” He has not chosen for His inheritance the curse. Neither has He chosen the world (which hates and seeks to kill)but those chosen (separated) out from the World those no longer of that which hates and seeks to kill. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

”not willing that any should perish” Matthew 26:42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

“...except I drink it, thy will be done.” “Not willing that any should perish.”

on the boat in the storm the disciples cried out to Jesus Christ. “Do you not care that we perish?” While we were yet in our sins, He gave His flesh for the Life of the world. Caring that we perish. In no man takes My life from Me...I have the power to Lay down My Life...later the disciples would have that same power given to them by the Spirit of God in them “no man takes my life...I lay it down.”

Luke 6:22-23 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. [23] Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

and cast our your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake. What about having friendship with the world. What if it means to be in agreement with its ways of “his own works were evil and therefore he killed his brother.”

God said “marvel not, when the world hates you.” John 3:16-19 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. [19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

”because their deeds were evil.” The fruit evidenced as going about “to kill their brother.” what is the difference between the world that hates and wants to kill its brother. As Christ said they hate Him. And Christ whose works are good therefore the Light which exposes the evil?
Cain killed his brother because his own works were evil and his brother's works were of God.