“I will not erase his name”....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 3:5 (NASB)
‘He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

This verse is written to he who overcomes....

Who are these overcomers, what is it they overcame, and when did they overcome... ?

There is only one thing in all of creation that needs to be overcome.

And that is the fall of Adam...

A reversal, a undoing, a overcoming of this fall... A putting to death, that life which Adam brought to life, and a bringing to life, that life that Adam, should have brought to life...

This is the overcoming that is necessary...

It is to this overcomer that Jesus says He will not erase their name.... This is a promise for all eternity, to never erase their name from the book of life, a promise of eternal life, forever....

So...

How and when can it be said that one has overcome Adam’s fall?

It can only be, when one is put in possession of life that is eternal or by being put in possession of that which was signified by the eating of the Tree of Life. Which is being put in possession of the Divine nature, or the Life of Christ, (three ways of describing the same truth).....

So when is one put in possession of life that is eternal..?

It can only be when one is born again, when Jesus comes in to take possession of the life... From that moment forward that person has overcome the fall and from that moment forward they become one who Jesus promises to never, for all eternity, to ever erase their name from the book of life.,,

For they have overcome the fall by the new birth... They have brought to life that which Adam should have brought to life by eating from the Tree of Life, which was taking the Life of Christ, the Divine nature into himself, just as the new birth gives us today..

Be blessed all that are in possession of the new birth for by that you have overcome the fall and become one who Jesus promises never to erase their name from the book of life..

A fellow overcomer, Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly, that opens the door to the standard critical judgements of.... "Well, if they did such and such, they were never really saved in the first place."

Be blessed as your heart so teaches you..

A brother in the faith, Not me

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why we need Christ. First and Foremost there!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Be blessed as your heart so teaches you..

A brother in the faith, Not me

If one follows the teaching of one's heart then one is not following Jesus.
Jeremiah 17:9. The heart is deceitful above all things.

Ignore your feelings unless they are confirmed by one's reasoning.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one follows the teaching of one's heart then one is not following Jesus.
Jeremiah 17:9. The heart is deceitful above all things.

Ignore your feelings unless they are confirmed by one's reasoning.

As the Spirit of Christ in you so teaches you, be blessed in Him.

A fellow believer, Not me

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 3:5 (NASB)
‘He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

This verse is written to he who overcomes....

Who are these overcomers, what is it they overcame, and when did they overcome... ?

There is only one thing in all of creation that needs to be overcome.

And that is the fall of Adam...
I am afraid not...
Jesus overcame the world before he went to the cross. He went to the cross so that others could do what he did: overcome the world.
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." I John 2:15-17

In each of us, until we have overcome them by the power of the Holy Spirit in us, are:

"the lust of the flesh,
and the lust of the eyes,
and the pride of life".

If we, in spite of having received the gift of the Holy Spirit, still follow the lead of any one of these three attractions, we have not yet overcome the world. It is the "will of God" for us to overcome them. He sent His Son so that to overcome them would be a possibility.

When people continuously quench the Holy Spirit in themselves they bring on the loss of battles instead of victories. Instead of overcoming those things, they are themselves overcome.

God loses no battles, but men leading other men and following other men certainly do...

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am afraid not...

Jesus overcame the world before he went to the cross. He went to the cross so that others could do what he did: overcome the world.
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." I John 2:15-17

In each of us, until we have overcome them by the power of the Holy Spirit in us, are:

"the lust of the flesh,
and the lust of the eyes,
and the pride of life".

If we, in spite of having received the gift of the Holy Spirit, still follow the lead of any one of these three attractions, we have not yet overcome the world. It is the "will of God" for us to overcome them. He sent His Son so that to overcome them would be a possibility.

When people continuously quench the Holy Spirit in themselves they bring on the loss of battles instead of victories. Instead of overcoming those things, they are themselves overcome.

God loses no battles, but men leading other men and following other men certainly do...

When the fall of Adam was overcome by Christ, He put put forth a;

“it is finished”

Everything after that, is a manifestation of that overcoming..

But as your personal relationship with Christ teaches you, I wish you all good things in Christ.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the fall of Adam was overcome by Christ, He put put forth a;

“it is finished”
The opening the closed Door/Gate to enter the Garden was finished, but anyone entering without a proper garment would be cast out:

"And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Matt 22:11-13

Everything after that, is a manifestation of that overcoming..
If this were so then why is what see around us in these United States where supposedly millions [nearly 80% according to some] are followers of Christ is such filthy cesspool of sin? If even 40% were really striving by the power of God in them to be like Jesus, what a wonderful world we would undoubtedly see. Help us dear Lord!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The opening the closed Door/Gate to enter the Garden was finished, but anyone entering without a proper garment would be cast out:

"And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Matt 22:11-13

If this were so then why is what see around us in these United States where supposedly millions [nearly 80% according to some] are followers of Christ is such filthy cesspool of sin? If even 40% were really striving by the power of God in them to be like Jesus, what a wonderful world we would undoubtedly see. Help us dear Lord!

Be blessed as you receive the “it is finished”, and all it pertains..

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly, that opens the door to the standard critical judgements of.... "Well, if they did such and such, they were never really saved in the first place."

Yeah, that gets old fast anymore, same as 'well, you just don't have enough faith'.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a blessed truth about the finished work of Christ! Hebrews 9 & 10.

Yes, the closer we get to Him the more of His work do we know...

Be blessed in the getting closer to Him.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anne Steele wrote, about the Scriptures:

"And still new beauties may I see,
And still increasing light."

I’m of the mind that this will be an eternal getting to know.

The awesomeness of it boggles the mind..:)

Be blessed in the boggling, Not me

Reactions: farouk