“I will spit you out” ....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 3:16 (NASB)
‘So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.

The whole book of Revelations is about the witness and testimony of Jesus Christ...The bringing forth and the Glorification of Him in and by His body, His people...

This is the context that all the encouragements, warnings, need to be taken... For He says in Revelations itself, “those I love I reprove and discipline”...He does not cast away those He loves and discipline’s... Some will respond to this discipline more, some less, but what is at stake is the testimony and witness of Christ being manifested through that part of the body....When it says, “remove the lamp stand out of its place unless you repent”

Revelation 2:5 (NASB)
‘Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place--unless you repent.

It, once again is talking about the witness and testimony in a life being removed from out of its place, where it belongs...For the witness and testimony of Christ is the lamp stand, the shining forth of His light out from the believer....For Jesus does belong in each and every believer’s life. But, because, for whatever reason a believer loses that witness and testimony shining through them does not mean that God has given up on them and turned them over to a reprobate mind....They as we all have experienced, as those that are His, we can repent, and turn back to Him... It might, will and does take time and obedience to get the witness and testimony of Christ shining back through our life’s once again...But as long as today is called today, we can grow in Him, and put the lamp stand back in it’s place and once again have the light of God shine through our lives. Why? Because we are part and parcel of His body and can never not be part of His body.

Why?

Because we are His, because we are saved, born again, born into His family, which family relationship can never be broken. Because just like when we were born into this world this birth can never be undone for it has happened the Eternal Divine nature, that is our second birth. Which is even more glorious and eternal, because it is His life born in us which it to can never be undone....

But it needs to grow in us, henceforth all the warnings, cautions, encouragements against not growing, falling out of our place, the place we belong, where the light of God’s love shines through all His body fully. That the witness and testimony of Jesus Christ might be seen in our lives by all..

Blessings to all that are in His family, a brother in the faith, Not me

Reactions: GTW27 and Bobby Jo

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because we are His, because we are saved, born again, born into His family, which family relationship can never be broken. Because just like when we were born into this world this birth can never be undone for it has happened the Eternal Divine nature, that is our second birth. Which is even more glorious and eternal, because it is His life born in us which it to can never be undone....

This is a very contradictory message. As in.."those I love can ignore my warnings because even though I say I will spit you out...I'd never actually do it??"

Normally, people who hold to your view stay away from warnings by ignoring them. Here you post the warning and then ignore the warning...blatantly....by spinning the narrative in such an obvious way. Yet, many who are indoctrinated too will see the OP as perfectly logical. It's like getting used to the warnings and learning how to ignore them...together. ;(

The truth is that while God loves us He MUST judge us righteously. So we could be lost. THAT is the message. We lose ourselves through our own neglect.

So the point is to fear the Lord NOT be smug as you are intimating. You have drawn the wrong conclusion by twisting the text to mean the opposite of what it's saying.

IOW Jesus will spit us out of His mouth...even though we are loved...because WE have missed doing the will of God.

God is not a respecter of persons. And being saved and given grace makes the judgment HARDER not easier. More will be required of us...not less.

People need to hear the truth not comforting lies.

But we are free to continue to ignore the warnings until that day. We can suit ourselves and say...peace, peace....only good will happen to me....I'm special.

Last edited:

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a very contradictory message. As in.."those I love can ignore my warnings because even though I say I will spit you out...I'd never actually do it??"

Normally, people who hold to your view stay away from warnings by ignoring them. Here you post the warning and then ignore the warning...blatantly....by spinning the narrative in such an obvious way. Yet, many who are indoctrinated too will see the OP as perfectly logical. It's like getting used to the warnings and learning how to ignore them...together. ;(

The truth is that while God loves us He MUST judge us righteously. So we could be lost. THAT is the message. We lose ourselves through our own neglect.

So the point is to fear the Lord NOT be smug as you are intimating. You have drawn the wrong conclusion by twisting the text to mean the opposite of what it's saying.

IOW Jesus will spit us out of His mouth...even though we are loved...because WE have missed doing the will of God.

God is not a respecter of persons. And being saved and given grace makes the judgment HARDER not easier. More will be required of us...not less.

People need to hear the truth not comforting lies.

But we are free to continue to ignore the warnings until that day. We can suit ourselves and say...peace, peace....only good will happen to me....I'm special.

A closer reading will reveal it is the witness and testimony of Christ that is at stake, not our eternal salvation. But if you wish to believe differently, you are free to do so..

Be at peace as you learn Christ..

A servant of His, Not me

Reactions: charity

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Are you defending God with lies?
Do you make your dishonest arguments for his sake?
8 Will you slant your testimony in his favor?
Will you argue God’s case for him?
9 What will happen when he finds out what you are doing?
Can you fool him as easily as you fool people?
10 No, you will be in trouble with him
if you secretly slant your testimony in his favor.
11 Doesn’t his majesty terrify you?
Doesn’t your fear of him overwhelm you?
12 Your platitudes are as valuable as ashes.
Your defense is as fragile as a clay pot.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Are you defending God with lies?
Do you make your dishonest arguments for his sake?
8 Will you slant your testimony in his favor?
Will you argue God’s case for him?
9 What will happen when he finds out what you are doing?
Can you fool him as easily as you fool people?
10 No, you will be in trouble with him
if you secretly slant your testimony in his favor.
11 Doesn’t his majesty terrify you?
Doesn’t your fear of him overwhelm you?
12 Your platitudes are as valuable as ashes.
Your defense is as fragile as a clay pot.

As the Spirit of Christ in you so teaches you, I wish you all the good things in Christ..

A fellow believer, Not me

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A closer reading will reveal it is the witness and testimony of Christ that is at stake, not our eternal salvation.

As in...I will spit IT out of my mouth...but not..I will spit YOU out of My mouth?

Is the shame and nakedness attributed to a series of words? (surely words can be naked) Or will God judge the works of many as being of no eternal value so that these although saved will be vessels of dishonour?

What is the testimony of the bible?

Are the wicked saved and just their works cast into the lake of Fire? So then people are not judged at all...just their deeds are? And this has no bearing on us? We bear no responsibility at all?

Is your idea to grant a non-responsibility for our own actions? Can you say...Gnosticism?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 3:16 (NASB)
‘So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.

The whole book of Revelations is about the witness and testimony of Jesus Christ...The bringing forth and the Glorification of Him in and by His body, His people...

This is the context that all the encouragements, warnings, need to be taken... For He says in Revelations itself, “those I love I reprove and discipline”...He does not cast away those He loves and discipline’s... Some will respond to this discipline more, some less, but what is at stake is the testimony and witness of Christ being manifested through that part of the body....When it says, “remove the lamp stand out of its place unless you repent”

Revelation 2:5 (NASB)
‘Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place--unless you repent.

It, once again is talking about the witness and testimony in a life being removed from out of its place, where it belongs...For the witness and testimony of Christ is the lamp stand, the shining forth of His light out from the believer....For Jesus does belong in each and every believer’s life. But, because, for whatever reason a believer loses that witness and testimony shining through them does not mean that God has given up on them and turned them over to a reprobate mind....They as we all have experienced, as those that are His, we can repent, and turn back to Him... It might, will and does take time and obedience to get the witness and testimony of Christ shining back through our life’s once again...But as long as today is called today, we can grow in Him, and put the lamp stand back in it’s place and once again have the light of God shine through our lives. Why? Because we are part and parcel of His body and can never not be part of His body.

Why?

But it needs to grow in us, henceforth all the warnings, cautions, encouragements against not growing, falling out of our place, the place we belong, where the light of God’s love shines through all His body fully. That the witness and testimony of Jesus Christ might be seen in our lives by all..

Blessings to all that are in His family, a brother in the faith, Not me

What a passage, yeah? Always heard it as the end as His hand is not stretched out STILL mighty to save...but “I will spue thee out of my mouth” is followed by “I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou may be rich”

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Revelation 3:19-20 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. [20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Jonah 1:17 Now the Lord had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

Jonah 2:8-10 They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. [9] But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord. [10] And the Lord spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.

Jonah 4:10-11 Then said the Lord, Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not laboured, neither madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night: [11] And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do get (if I understood you correctly)what you are saying here. Considering all the passages of loss ...yet hearing it was only for the Jews. “What loss have I suffered? What tribulation? What anguish? my goods are in peace.” Yet He said Luke 11:20-22 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you. [21] When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace: [22] But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.
And take away the Armour he trusted in ...still is not evil but good in “put on the whole-Armour of God” in “no doubt” one stronger has come upon him in “no doubt the kingdom of God IS COME upon you”

Romans 2:9-10 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; [10] But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

“What loss? What tribulation? What anguish?” Shouting “peace, peace!” Then sudden destruction comes upon them...

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Usually stay away from Jobs friends since the Lord said they spoke lies but have really been considering this verse: it is kind of a despressing verse.
Job 11:20 Lexicon: "But the eyes of the wicked will fail, And there will be no escape for them; And their hope is to breathe their last."

תִּ֫כְלֶ֥ינָה

(tich·lei·nah)
3615: to be complete, at an end, finished, accomplished, or spent.

2 Corinthians 12:14-15 Behold, the third time I am ready to come to you; and I will not be burdensome to you: for I seek not yours, but you: for the children ought not to lay up (treasure in heaven)for the parents, but the parents (lay up treasure in heaven)for the children. [15] And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved.
“I will very gladly spend and be spent for you: complete, at an end, finished, accomplished, or spent.
Job 11:20 But the eyes of the wicked will fail, and escape will elude them; they will hope for their last breath."

1 Corinthians 10:12-13 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. [13] There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But as long as today is called today, we can grow in Him, and put the lamp stand back in it’s place and once again have the light of God shine through our lives. Why? Because we are part and parcel of His body and can never not be part of His body.
"Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off" Rom 11:19-22

Why?

Because we are His, because we are saved, born again, born into His family, which family relationship can never be broken. Because just like when we were born into this world this birth can never be undone for it has happened the Eternal Divine nature, that is our second birth. Which is even more glorious and eternal, because it is His life born in us which it to can never be undone...

"If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons." Heb 12:7-8

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As in...I will spit IT out of my mouth...but not..I will spit YOU out of My mouth?

Is the shame and nakedness attributed to a series of words? (surely words can be naked) Or will God judge the works of many as being of no eternal value so that these although saved will be vessels of dishonour?

What is the testimony of the bible?

Are the wicked saved and just their works cast into the lake of Fire? So then people are not judged at all...just their deeds are? And this has no bearing on us? We bear no responsibility at all?

Is your idea to grant a non-responsibility for our own actions? Can you say...Gnosticism?

If we are to take to literally, than we must of a truth be in His mouth... The witness and testimony is though.....

Once again be blessed as you learn Christ, Not me

What a passage, yeah? Always heard it as the end as His hand is not stretched out STILL mighty to save...but “I will spue thee out of my mouth” is followed by “I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou may be rich”

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Revelation 3:19-20 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. [20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Jonah 1:17 Now the Lord had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

Jonah 2:8-10 They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. [9] But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord. [10] And the Lord spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.

Jonah 4:10-11 Then said the Lord, Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not laboured, neither madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night: [11] And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

Be blessed as He becomes our all...

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off" Rom 11:19-22

"If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons." Heb 12:7-8

Such a blessing it is when scripture says, we all (believers) are partakers of chastisement making us all His children, and once His child, always His child.

Be blessed in being His child, a fellow child, Not me

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly, one can become reprobate and be spit out. But it sounds like there were unsaved people in this church who thought they were saved.
If he's still on the outside knocking on the door, that person has not yet repented and received salvation.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly, one can become reprobate and be spit out. But it sounds like there were unsaved people in this church who thought they were saved.
If he's still on the outside knocking on the door, that person has not yet repented and received salvation.

Before this can be answered...I must ask, what is salvation?

For once this question is answered, a joy and a security in the heart will be known..

Blessings to you, Not me

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Be not highminded ...” Romans 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Realize we disagree sometimes here so only asking to consider: is not those high things to be cut off? “Wise in your own conceits”. Maybe I’m making too much out of a verse (value your input) if I am but the many translations, how can they all fit?

“But the sight of the wicked will fail. Their way of escape will be cut off, and their only hope is their last breath.”
(1 Thessalonians 5:3) their way of escape is cut off. Is that evil “their escape cut off” as there is also at least till now a door opened, a way of escape.

“But the wicked will look around in despair and find that there is no way to escape. Their one hope is that death will come.” (Job 3:21)

“the eyes of the wicked shall fail, And they shall have no way to flee; And their hope shall be the giving up of the ghost.”
(Mark 15:37), (Mark 15:39), Father, unto they hands I commend my spirit. (Luke 23:46)

“But safety shall fail them; for their hope is destruction, and the eyes of the ungodly shall waste away.” (1 Thessalonians 5:3) their safety cut off.
“The ungodly shall waste away” (Romans 5:6) “the eyes of the ungodly shall waste away” (Zechariah 14:11-12)..their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

“But those who are evil will go blind and lose their way. Their only escape is death!” (1 Corinthians 2:2) For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be blessed as He becomes our all...

Don’t know what this has to do with “spit out” but it seems significant.

Zechariah 14: 11-12
...And men shall dwell therein, and there shall be no more curse; but Jerusalem shall dwell safely.
How is “there shall be no more curse” possible if not Galatians 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

...Jehovah will smite all the peoples that have warred against Jerusalem:

Flesh wars against the Spirit...
Galatians 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

2 Corinthians 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

Reactions: Episkopos

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before this can be answered...I must ask, what is salvation?

For once this question is answered, a joy and a security in the heart will be known..

Blessings to you, Not me

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Only you can know if you have believed for real. But can one believe in their head and not in their heart? I think so. Knowledge is not the same as submission to the truth.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Only you can know if you have believed for real. But can one believe in their head and not in their heart? I think so. Knowledge is not the same as submission to the truth.

Hello, you have quite correctly, I think, described how one might be saved and brought forth the truth of head vs heart knowledge..

But is not this the how of salvation, and not the what?

Isn’t salvation actually receiving something from God? What is it we receive from God?

A fellow seeker after God, Not me

Don’t know what this has to do with “spit out” but it seems significant.

Zechariah 14: 11-12
...And men shall dwell therein, and there shall be no more curse; but Jerusalem shall dwell safely.
How is “there shall be no more curse” possible if not Galatians 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

...Jehovah will smite all the peoples that have warred against Jerusalem:

Flesh wars against the Spirit...
Galatians 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

2 Corinthians 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

I’m sorry but I couldn’t really follow your thinking on your first post but I did sense a heart after God....So I thought I might encourage..

If you’d like to explain your intent again, I will try to respond?

Blessings to you, Not me

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-1_11-44-24.jpeg
    upload_2020-5-1_11-44-24.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 0
  • upload_2020-5-1_11-44-24.png
    upload_2020-5-1_11-44-24.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 0

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sorry but I couldn’t really follow your thinking on your first post but I did sense a heart after God....So I thought I might encourage..

If you’d like to explain your intent again, I will try to respond?

Blessings to you, Not me

It is okay. No intent. Just focused on the how “there shall be no more curse”. I’m sorry; Didn’t mean to disrupt your thread. :) Backing off.