“Raised With Him”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been inspiringly said that “there was never a time when believers were not on the Father’s mind”! In their spirit and soul believers have been “raised with Christ” (Col 3:1). This is the present reality in experiencing part of the “Resurrection,” for we are in the death and resurrection of His Son in our spirit, by which He “has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead” (1 Pet 1:3).

This part of His resurrection presently provides rebirth and “quickens” (Eph 2:8, 1; Col 2:13) our soul and spirt unto the union of a “new man,” e.g. a new nature which “is created in righteousness and true holiness,” and “is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him” (Eph 4:24; Col 3:10). The final experience of His resurrection will be when we are raised in a new body “when He shall appear” (1 Jhn 3:2), in which our present body which remains (Rom 8:11) will be “changed” (1 Cor 15:51, 52; 1 Thes 4:16, 17).

In our present condition we have a “new man” coexisting with our “old man” within a “corruptible” body. In our final condition we will have the same new man—but in an “incorruptible” body (1 Cor 15:53), and the old man will be eternally absent! No sinful nature, no sin. No sin, no interruption of love and peace with our God the Father and with our Lord the Son—all through Their blessed Spirit (Jhn 14:16; Rev 22:17), via the new nature (Eph 3:16). As this love and peace shall be then, so can it be now—in our conscience—in knowing that there’s no sin that God has not already taken into account which has not already been addressed “by the blood of Christ” (Eph 2:13).

We are not walking in the faith of Christ’s expiation for our sinful nature when we do not realize our permanent separation from the “old man.” Though it is in us, we are not in it (Rom 8:9), thus God does not regard us after it! When there is that concept or feeling of guilt, there is not that walk (understanding) of faith in His reparation for us from sin! Nevertheless, be encouraged, for this guiltless condition in the Lord Jesus does not come from our faith but from His Cross-work. The walk of our faith here, and everywhere, is presently for the sake of our conscience concerning “irrevocable” (Rom 11:29) peace with God. It is “through faith,” “by” which the “grace” of salvation is received (Eph 2:8), thus it must be the same concerning all the promises of God if we are to “walk in the Spirit,” not just “live in the Spirit” (Gal 5:25). Though believers live in a guiltless position they cannot walk in it if they do not know it!

We will not be any more redeemed or saved in our spirit and soul in eternity than we are now, but we will be void of the old man, thus the “Resurrection” for which we await has only to do with the new body, and the power of “death” will be no more, for it shall be “cast into the Lake of Fire” (Rev 20:14). Death which came by the commission of sin (Gen 2:17) will be eternally banished by the “remission” of sin (Heb 10:18), by which we are in our spirit “perfected forever” (Heb 10:14)!

Let us contemplate more on what God thinks of us than on what we think of ourselves, in order that we may be most readily prepared to receive, apply and share in the “comfort of the scriptures” (Rom 15:4).

-NC

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NetChaplain said:
It has been inspiringly said that “there was never a time when believers were not on the Father’s mind”! In their spirit and soul believers have been “raised with Christ” (Col 3:1). This is the present reality in experiencing part of the “Resurrection,” for we are in the death and resurrection of His Son in our spirit, by which He “has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead” (1 Pet 1:3).

This part of His resurrection presently provides rebirth and “quickens” (Eph 2:8, 1; Col 2:13) our soul and spirt unto the union of a “new man,” e.g. a new nature which “is created in righteousness and true holiness,” and “is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him” (Eph 4:24; Col 3:10). The final experience of His resurrection will be when we are raised in a new body “when He shall appear” (1 Jhn 3:2), in which our present body which remains (Rom 8:11) will be “changed” (1 Cor 15:51, 52; 1 Thes 4:16, 17).

In our present condition we have a “new man” coexisting with our “old man” within a “corruptible” body. In our final condition we will have the same new man—but in an “incorruptible” body (1 Cor 15:53), and the old man will be eternally absent! No sinful nature, no sin. No sin, no interruption of love and peace with our God the Father and with our Lord the Son—all through Their blessed Spirit (Jhn 14:16; Rev 22:17), via the new nature (Eph 3:16). As this love and peace shall be then, so can it be now—in our conscience—in knowing that there’s no sin that God has not already taken into account which has not already been addressed “by the blood of Christ” (Eph 2:13).

We are not walking in the faith of Christ’s expiation for our sinful nature when we do not realize our permanent separation from the “old man.” Though it is in us, we are not in it (Rom 8:9), thus God does not regard us after it! When there is that concept or feeling of guilt, there is not that walk (understanding) of faith in His reparation for us from sin! Nevertheless, be encouraged, for this guiltless condition in the Lord Jesus does not come from our faith but from His Cross-work. The walk of our faith here, and everywhere, is presently for the sake of our conscience concerning “irrevocable” (Rom 11:29) peace with God. It is “through faith,” “by” which the “grace” of salvation is received (Eph 2:8), thus it must be the same concerning all the promises of God if we are to “walk in the Spirit,” not just “live in the Spirit” (Gal 5:25). Though believers live in a guiltless position they cannot walk in it if they do not know it!

We will not be any more redeemed or saved in our spirit and soul in eternity than we are now, but we will be void of the old man, thus the “Resurrection” for which we await has only to do with the new body, and the power of “death” will be no more, for it shall be “cast into the Lake of Fire” (Rev 20:14). Death which came by the commission of sin (Gen 2:17) will be eternally banished by the “remission” of sin (Heb 10:18), by which we are in our spirit “perfected forever” (Heb 10:14)!

Let us contemplate more on what God thinks of us than on what we think of ourselves, in order that we may be most readily prepared to receive, apply and share in the “comfort of the scriptures” (Rom 15:4).

-NC
I wrote this i a reply on another thread but I think it goes along with what you have said here.

""I think that every child of God has seen and understands what sin is. If they do not then why do they feel they need what Jesus did on the cross? That is why they do not want to sin (as others claim they do).

But every child of God lives in a body that sins and as Paul said in Romans 7, "the things I would not do those are the things I do and the things I would do those are the things I don't do."

For me to see things as others seen to do would mean I have control over my sinful flesh and that is not a truth. My control over it is limited because the sinful flesh wants the things that satisfy the flesh.. But, as I see it, people of religion think they have the power to refuse to sin even though they live in a sinful body.

To me, when I leave this sinful body, I will never have the desires of the sinful flesh and that is my hope in Christ. For me that is my faith in that Jesus has already spiritually put to death this sinful flesh of mine and imputed His righteousness to me while I still live in this body of sin.

I will not fall into the religious trap of thinking that Jesus gave us a plan but that plan needs us to complete it by what we do by our own efforts to not sin.

I do not sit on the sidelines barking out that a person must stop sinning in the flesh by their choice since I do not see that mankind has much of a choice. I thank God for His plan of salvation (grace) that was poured out on the cross.

I see that a child of God is like the tax collector Jesus spoke of --

Luke 18:10-14
10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself,'God, I thank You that I am not like other men — extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.
12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'
13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
NKJV

I have humbly admitted to God (and men) that I am sinful in this flesh and I have faith that what Jesus did on the cross He did it for me. This is my witness.""

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H. Richard said:
I wrote this i a reply on another thread but I think it goes along with what you have said here.

""I think that every child of God has seen and understands what sin is. If they do not then why do they feel they need what Jesus did on the cross? That is why they do not want to sin (as others claim they do).

But every child of God lives in a body that sins and as Paul said in Romans 7, "the things I would not do those are the things I do and the things I would do those are the things I don't do."

For me to see things as others seen to do would mean I have control over my sinful flesh and that is not a truth. My control over it is limited because the sinful flesh wants the things that satisfy the flesh.. But, as I see it, people of religion think they have the power to refuse to sin even though they live in a sinful body.

To me, when I leave this sinful body, I will never have the desires of the sinful flesh and that is my hope in Christ. For me that is my faith in that Jesus has already spiritually put to death this sinful flesh of mine and imputed His righteousness to me while I still live in this body of sin.

I will not fall into the religious trap of thinking that Jesus gave us a plan but that plan needs us to complete it by what we do by our own efforts to not sin.

I do not sit on the sidelines barking out that a person must stop sinning in the flesh by their choice since I do not see that mankind has much of a choice. I thank God for His plan of salvation (grace) that was poured out on the cross.

I see that a child of God is like the tax collector Jesus spoke of --

Luke 18:10-14
10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself,'God, I thank You that I am not like other men — extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.
12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'
13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
NKJV

I have humbly admitted to God (and men) that I am sinful in this flesh and I have faith that what Jesus did on the cross He did it for me. This is my witness.""
Thanks HR for sharing your belief's in these areas, which is I believe how we can be more taught by God through one another!

Concerning the physical body, no part of it incurs accountability of the guilt and curse but it is merely subject to these. The body is just an instrument being used for good and evil!

Blessings!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NetChaplain said:
Thanks HR for sharing your belief's in these areas, which is I believe how we can be more taught by God through one another!

Concerning the physical body, no part of it incurs accountability of the guilt and curse but it is merely subject to these. The body is just an instrument being used for good and evil!

Blessings!
Only God can separate the spirit from the sinful body of flesh. The scriptures do no tell us the physical body is not accountable for it's sins.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H. Richard said:
Only God can separate the spirit from the sinful body of flesh. The scriptures do no tell us the physical body is not accountable for it's sins.
The body is only a thing, an object that contains that which is accountable--the person in their spirit, who makes the decisions of what the body does.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The body is only a thing, an object that contains that which is accountable--the person in their spirit, who makes the decisions of what the body does.
now if people could only see just that, a vessel is a container that is used to protect precius goods in transit, Does it matter if teh vessel gets stained or dirty ot maked with fingerprints.? No for once teh good are delivered teh vessel has served its purpose and not reuiqred anymore.

Jas_5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

How much more precious are you to God than teh Earthly vessel in which your spirit resides.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
now if people could only see just that, a vessel is a container that is used to protect precius goods in transit, Does it matter if teh vessel gets stained or dirty ot maked with fingerprints.? No for once teh good are delivered teh vessel has served its purpose and not reuiqred anymore.

Jas_5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

How much more precious are you to God than teh Earthly vessel in which your spirit resides.
Hi Mjr H - Amen! So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory."

I can see why others might put blame on the body when being used for evil, but it must be understood that it is merely an "instrument" to be used for good or evil (Rom 6:13).

Thanks for your input!