“SPRINKLED FROM AN EVIL CONSCIENCE:” HEB 10:22 –Bob Hall (Netchaplain)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can never use our condition, regardless of how good and pure it may seem to us at times, as a reference for God to determine our position in Him. We must use what He uses to determine our status with Him and that is His Son, our Lord (Col 3:3).

It has been well said that “when we are disappointed, we have trusted in ourselves and not God, for God never disappoints.” The same occurs when we base our position in what we do or do not do, instead of remembering Jesus’s propitiation for us (1Jhn 2:2). Only what saves us can keep us saved, so since we didn’t save ourselves, we cannot keep ourselves saved. “Are ye so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? (Gal 3:3).”

As the Father is training us to grow in our Lord’s image, we experience at times, seemingly interrupted fellowship with Him. I believe our unity with Him in fellowship is unbreakable as our salvation (1Jhn 1:3; Rom 8:35, 39, 39; Jhn 10:29), so these seemingly times of interruption with God are our own concept when we allow for a guilty conscience, regardless the reason. When we do wrong, we should realize it is part of our learning so mistakenly we falsely accuse ourselves, because God never accuses us but chastises us (Hbr 12:6). Remember, there is only one “accuser of the brethren” (Rev 12:10).

“Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience. . .” (Hbr 10:22).

“For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies to the purifying of the flesh: How much more shall the (sprinkling of) blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience. . .” (Hbr 9:13, 14:
italics mine).

“But ye are come unto. . . Jesus the mediator of the new covenant and to the blood of (His) sprinkling. . .” (Hbr 12:24: italics mine)

Remember, regardless of how much we are accused of guilt, even from within our old nature, it’s always a false accusation because since God doesn’t accuse us, we’re always guilt-free! “For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things” (1Jo 3:20).

Hid With Christ<>< (Col 3:3)

Reactions: Redeemed86

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
I wish I had had known this so many years ago! I used to think it was God accusing me. Now I know it is a temptation to think God does not love me. He loves me all the time. How grateful I am! Hallelujah!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shirely, I always thank God for you and others who fellowship in Christ ans like sharing in the Word with one another. Thanks for comments and letting me know you find the teaching material useful!

See you here, there or in the air!!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Very good post Netchaplain. Wish more could grasp hold of this message, it is the simplicity of the gospel of Christ.

So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Don't be deceived, for what Netchaplin posted 'seems' right at the first, but then falls into men's doctrines quickly at the end with the following idea...

Remember, regardless of how much we are accused of guilt, even from within our old nature, it’s always a false accusation because since God doesn’t accuse us, we’re always guilt-free! “For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things” (1Jo 3:20).

Apostle John had more to say of what determines a child of God vs. a child of the devil...

I Jn 3:6-10
6 Whosoever abideth in Him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him, neither known Him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
(KJV)

And because of that Apostle Paul admonished us to be on guard...

Phil 2:12
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
(KJV)

So just HOW... do we know if we're sinning or not? By comparing our lives to God's Truth in His Word, and by listening to and heeding The Holy Spirit Who teaches us. I assure you, if you claim Christ Jesus as your Saviour, and you sin, He is going to let you know about it if you belong to Him, and you will feel GUILT for doing it, IF you stand in Him.

The ONLY way to NOT feel guilt when we mess up and sin is by SHUTTING OFF the bridge to our Lord Jesus, by refusing to listen to Him through His Word and through The Holy Spirit Comforter. That is exactly... what some of the 'Once Saved, Always Saved' doctrinists are preaching in some Churches today. The sins of those falling away from Christ Jesus today are not being corrected; those pastors are not pointing out the people's sins, not bringing them back to Christ but allowing them to continue to fall away. And thus the greater judgment shall be upon those pastors for allowing that instead of standing up for God in His Word to rebuke the brethren when they need it to make corrections with sinners in the Church.

2 Pet 2:17-22
17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
(KJV)

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I fail to see how any of the scriptures in your post discredits anything NC mentioned in his post. But then you and I see some thing very differently too. :)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I fail to see how any of the scriptures in your post discredits anything NC mentioned in his post. But then you and I see some thing very differently too. :)

Well it's a simple matter involving the idea being "guilt-free", for we as Christians should not be guilt-free when we mess up and sin. When we sin and discover it and still believe we are guilt-free then something is terribly wrong because because it can lead to denying that we sinned. Our mind will less likely think we need to make a correction with that kind of reasoning.

The Biblical idea of Satan as our accuser (Rev.12:10), is that he accuses us before God's Throne when we mess up. That doesn't have anything to do with feeling guilt for having sinned. A sense of guilt for a sin can come from The Holy Spirit to let us know the difference, so it's not about our 'old nature' accusing us either.

Put all that together and it's a false doctrine telling the Christian they can sin and be without feelings of guilt, and to not listen to The Holy Spirit trying to correct us, but instead think that's our 'old nature' accusing us instead. Very tricky idea, but there it is.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Well it's a simple matter involving the idea being "guilt-free", for we as Christians should not be guilt-free when we mess up and sin. When we sin and discover it and still believe we are guilt-free then something is terribly wrong because because it can lead to denying that we sinned. Our mind will less likely think we need to make a correction with that kind of reasoning.

The Biblical idea of Satan as our accuser (Rev.12:10), is that he accuses us before God's Throne when we mess up. That doesn't have anything to do with feeling guilt for having sinned. A sense of guilt for a sin can come from The Holy Spirit to let us know the difference, so it's not about our 'old nature' accusing us either.

Put all that together and it's a false doctrine telling the Christian they can sin and be without feelings of guilt, and to not listen to The Holy Spirit trying to correct us, but instead think that's our 'old nature' accusing us instead. Very tricky idea, but there it is.

I guess you consider guilt to be the same as conviction.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I guess you consider guilt to be the same as conviction.

It comes by conviction, which is the process of recognizing. For a follower of Christ Jesus listening to The Holy Spirit, He will 'convict' us when we mess up, and then shame and guilt should follow, drawing us to repent, ask forgiveness, and make a change, and then... we are cleansed from it like Apostle John said (1 John 1).

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina

Guilt;​
1 : the fact of having committed a breach of conduct especially violating law and involving a penalty; broadly :guilty conduct​

a : the state of one who has committed an offense especially consciously​
b : feelings of culpability especially for imagined offenses or from a sense of inadequacy : self-reproach

: a feeling of culpability for offenses​
Merriam-Webster's Dictionary​

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are guilty if we sin willfully or deliberately, esp. without remorse or repentance. This is the state of the lost. The Christian's sins should never be deliberate and without remorse and repentance. The remorse and repentance shows it's not deliberste.

But even this isn't why were not guilty. We're guiltless because of the Cross once applied to our lives, which the Spirit causes to be perpetual daily. The carnal Christian's sins are more frequent until maturity in Christ increases. If the life doesn't increase in Christ's image then its likely there is no Christian life involved, regardless the confessions and false repentance.

It is usualy known by the sinner that he isn't true Christian and is eventualy evidanced by lack of remorse and concern. There's no Scriptual support for the concept of a guilty Christian. "No condemnation" even if we think or feel guilty but we must go by what the Word says about it.

"Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood . . . to Him [be] glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen" (Rev 1:5, 6).

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
We are guilty if we sin willfully or deliberately, esp. without remorse or repentance. This is the state of the lost. The Christian's sins should never be deliberate and without remorse and repentance. The remorse and repentance shows it's not deliberste.

A Christian might sin knowingly but still receive forgiveness and do repentance. But the recompense for the sin can be different, and may follow them the rest of their lives. Whereas a sin done in ignorance asked forgiveness for and repented of may not. Depends on the type of sin really, as John said there is a sin unto death, and a sin not unto death.

But even this isn't why were not guilty. We're guiltless because of the Cross once applied to our lives, which the Spirit causes to be perpetual daily. The carnal Christian's sins are more frequent until maturity in Christ increases. If the life doesn't increase in Christ's image then its likely there is no Christian life involved, regardless the confessions and false repentance.

That's your same old story as in your OP. Christ's Blood shed upon His cross is for the remission of sins THAT ARE PAST, not sins we may commit that are yet future (Rom.3:25). Once purified by Christ's Blood upon the cross, we are to remain so based on our walk with Him. If we commit another sin, even in ignorance, we know He will cleanse us from it IF we continue to ask Him forgiveness and repent of it (make a change), that per 1 John 1.

So it's not a good thing that you just assume... that's always about "false repentance" and "confessions" (those two ideas don't even belong in the same phrase together like you grouped them, which reveals you may have a problem with asking Christ forgiveness by confessing your sins and repenting). We are NOT... perpetually forgiven daily of sins IF we fail to ask Christ forgiveness and repent of them. They're still on the slate until we repent and ask Him forgiveness.

What this means is that we cannot... just go about living our lives any way we want and expect to still be joined with His saints at His coming. Our Lord Jesus was very... specific about closing the door on the five foolish virgins which represent unprofitable believers on Him (Matt.25).

It is usualy known by the sinner that he isn't true Christian and is eventualy evidanced by lack of remorse and concern. There's no Scriptual support for the concept of a guilty Christian. "No condemnation" even if we think or feel guilty but we must go by what the Word says about it.

Oh yes there is Scriptural support for even a Christian that sins being guilty in shame, even at Christ's coming...

Rev 16:15
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
(KJV)

Rev 3:18-19
18 I counsel thee to buy of Me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
(KJV)

1 Cor 6:4-7
4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.
7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?
(KJV)

Zeph 3:5
5 The just LORD is in the midst thereof; He will not do iniquity: every morning doth He bring His judgment to light, He faileth not; but the unjust knoweth no shame.
(KJV)

Those you follow are trying to get you to stop listening to The Holy Spirit Who convicts us when we mess up. That's what the Once Saved, Always Saved doctrines of men try to do. It's a design to actually make Christians SIN MORE than they normally would, simply by NOT remembering to repent and ask Christ forgiveness for furture sins we may commit.

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
". . .To declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God' (Rom 3:25).

God's passing by, or overlooking sin, and not punishing for it, under the former dispensation--Law; present dispensation--Grace.
By "sins that are past," are meant, not sins before baptism, nor the sins of a man's life only, but the sins of Old Testament saints, who lived before the incarnation of Christ, and the oblation of His sacrifice. -OP

This was stated above. "the five foolish virgins which represent unprofitable believers on Him."
The foolish virgins were actually in reference to unbelievers; "I know you not" (Mat 25:11). They just profess to believe but is evidenced by their own lives apart from Christ. The most significant evidence of Christ in a true believer is neighborly love, because this is evidence of our love for God and everything in Christ for us is based from this. (Jhn 13:35; 1 Jhn 4:20)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
". . .To declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God' (Rom 3:25).

God's passing by, or overlooking sin, and not punishing for it, under the former dispensation--Law; present dispensation--Grace.
By "sins that are past," are meant, not sins before baptism, nor the sins of a man's life only, but the sins of Old Testament saints, who lived before the incarnation of Christ, and the oblation of His sacrifice. -OP

This was stated above. "the five foolish virgins which represent unprofitable believers on Him."
The foolish virgins were actually in reference to unbelievers; "I know you not" (Mat 25:11). They just profess to believe but is evidenced by their own lives apart from Christ. The most significant evidence of Christ in a true believer is neighborly love, because this is evidence of our love for God and everything in Christ for us is based from this. (Jhn 13:35; 1 Jhn 4:20)

That's still man's thinking of the Once Saved, Always Saved doctrine you're supporting, which is an un-Biblical doctrine devised by men to try and cover the unrepentant believing sinner.

Paul was specific that remission of sins through Christ's Blood is for sins past, done before belief on Christ Jesus...

Rom 3:24-26
24 Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time His righteousness: that He might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
(KJV)

The five foolish virgins of Christ's parable of the ten virgins in Matthew 25 DO... represent believers on Him, as they are present with the five wise foolish in waiting for the bridegroom's coming, which is symbolic for Christ's future coming. Thus your statement that the foolish virgins represent "unbelievers" is a false statement, and purposefully misrepresents them within Christ's parable of the ten virgins, just so you can keep your doctrines of men instead of heeding Christ's commandment for believers to repent after baptism also.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I am sick and tired of everywhere hearing that OSAS is an evil doctrine of men created to perpetuate the idea that we can sin all we like, taking advantage of God's grace.

Ultimately, a born again believer in Jesus Christ would always remain saved, having had an encounter with the living Jesus! Also, ultiimately, a believer in Jesus Christ would study the scriptures and obey them, knowing that the word instructs us to not take God's grace for granted.

Once a person is saved, God's grace is enough to keep him---sin or no sin. God has poured out His wrath on all sin for all time at Calvary. What's left in the end when a believer stands before Jesus at his Judgment Seat, is rewards given and rewards withheld. The Kingdom is not withheld. That is all God's business.

God's grace is greater than you think.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I am sick and tired of everywhere hearing that OSAS is an evil doctrine of men created to perpetuate the idea that we can sin all we like, taking advantage of God's grace.

Ultimately, a born again believer in Jesus Christ would always remain saved, having had an encounter with the living Jesus! Also, ultiimately, a believer in Jesus Christ would study the scriptures and obey them, knowing that the word instructs us to not take God's grace for granted.

Once a person is saved, God's grace is enough to keep him---sin or no sin. God has poured out His wrath on all sin for all time at Calvary. What's left in the end when a believer stands before Jesus at his Judgment Seat, is rewards given and rewards withheld. The Kingdom is not withheld. That is all God's business.

God's grace is greater than you think.

And I get sick and tired of people pushing a lie like the OSAS doctrine when our Lord Jesus specifically warned us that not everyone that says, "Lord, Lord..." will enter His Kingdom...

Matt 7:21-23
21 Not every one that saith unto Me, "Lord, Lord", shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father Which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?"
23 And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity."
(KJV)

At the day of Christ's return, many believers will say to Him, "Lord, Lord..", and He will say to them, "I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity." It certainly is NOT... the unbelievers that would claim to have done works in His Name, but only a believer on Him that would claim that, which is why that is specifically about believers on Him.

So how would our Lord Jesus come to say that to some believers on Him on that day, even declaring how those worked iniquity?

It's because of how some believers allow themselves to be swayed away from His Word by following the doctrines of men instead. There's too many Churches today that are more about putting on a Big Show than actually staying in His Word as written. Instead those take pieces out of The Bible to use in support of their own creeds and doctrines, basically the very same thing the Pharisees were doing at Christ's first coming (i.e., the fragments Message of Mark 8:15-21).

I say that even those are my Christian brethren in those kinds of Churches. If it steps on the feelings of some, so be it. It's better for brethren to be angry at me for pointing this Truth out to them than for them to be found among that group which Christ will say that to at His return.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
EVERYONE who knows Jesus will see the Kingdom. Those who merely know about Him, won't. Jesus knows the difference between a believer and an unbeliever. Those He turns away are not believers.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
EVERYONE who knows Jesus will see the Kingdom. Those who merely know about Him, won't. Jesus knows the difference between a believer and an unbeliever. Those He turns away are not believers.

They are... believers which Christ will say that to, as the Matt.25 ten virgin parable shows. The difference is that they are deceived... believers on Him, apostates of the great falling away that Apostle Paul warned of in 2 Thessalonians 2. Paul even gave the reason there why... they fall away.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
They are... believers which Christ will say that to, as the Matt.25 ten virgin parable shows. The difference is that they are deceived... believers on Him, apostates of the great falling away that Apostle Paul warned of in 2 Thessalonians 2. Paul even gave the reason there why... they fall away.

Apostates are not believers. They only think they were. Anyone who has had a real encounter with Jesus and knows Him will not have to worry about being rejected by God. His grace is sufficient.

Jude 1:24-25 (NLT)

Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault.