1 Cor 2:7-8

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 2:7-8
GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

7 We speak about the mystery of God’s wisdom. It is a wisdom that has been hidden, which God had planned for our glory before the world began. 8 Not one of the rulers of this world has known it. If they had, they wouldn’t have crucified the Lord of glory.

Copyright © 1995 by God's Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group

My thoughts.
God's plan has been planned before anything else was around.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I doubt i could believe anything that has copyright to it, when did God give man permission to do such a thing

In all His Love

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree scripture should not be copyrighted but that is way off the topic.

MTPockets

Aug 4, 2012
clark thompson said:
1 Corinthians 2:7-8

7 We speak about the mystery of God’s wisdom. It is a wisdom that has been hidden, which God had planned for our glory before the world began. 8 Not one of the rulers of this world has known it. If they had, they wouldn’t have crucified the Lord of glory.

Copyright © 1995 by God's Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group

My thoughts.
God's plan has been planned before anything else was around.
Hi! 'Clark Thomson'
An excellent observation!
Yes, God's plan ('Logos') remained hidden within His innermost being from the time which is known as 'eternity past', (eternity already passed).
God has never wavered from His eternal plans and purposes; His counsel remains eternally present and true. In every sense, God is unchanging; there is no variation to be discovered about Him.
An example:
The Word ('Logos') of God included in the creation of humankind an inherent disease immune system. The 'Wisdom' of God considered everything before it became formed within Himself as the "Word" ... and also before this same 'Word' became spoken as a creative force.
We know this because God is only and perfectly good. He is the origin of all life; there is no shadow within Him. Therefore, we know too that disease is something utterly foreign to the mind and heart of God. It's not truthful to confess that creates disease and sickness.
The Old Testament saints confessed this error because, as Paul stated, there was a veil covering their minds and hearts which oftentimes perceived evil as good and good as evil. It was Jesus alone who clearly revealed the true nature and face of God. All those before Jesus saw through a glass darkly.
Yet, in the fullness of time the 'Word' was spoken, "Let us make man!"; a man appeared on the earth with the biological ability to oppose sickness and disease which forms the powers of darkness and death.
So it is that the eternal plans and intents of God became spoken as His 'Word' which had already taken into account the rebellion of the angelic hosts and their subsequent opposition against man.
Yes, indeed! God's plan has been planned, (as you have so rightly stated), before anything else existed; even before the existence of evil.