1 Cor 3:7

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 3:7
King James Version (KJV)

[SIZE=small]7 [/SIZE]So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

1 Corinthians 3:7
GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

7 So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is important because only God makes it grow.

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
Copyright © 1995 by God's Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group

My thoughts.

God is the one that deserves praise when someone comes to the Lord because God leads the right person to first sthe share the gospel and second person to make them think about the gospel and then oneday someone is there will they make that final step and God is accepted by one who was lost. We are should not take credit for what God allows us to do as His servants.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
I see that you have two of these topics going. I commented on the one and here is another comment:
John 4:34-38
34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.
35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.
36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.
37 And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth.
38 I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours.
KJV

While we are on this earth, we must always sow the seeds of God's Word into the soil of men's hearts for that is our work for the our God so that men remember to call upon the LORD and we keep in mind where we came from, our ROOTS who is Christ the True Vine the Tree of LIFE. In one accord! And in the end.. we shall receive according to how we have sown.

Here is another allegory for it:
Matt 20:1 For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.
2 And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard.
3 And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace,
4 And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way.
5 Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.
6 And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?
7 They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.
8 So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.
9 And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.
10 But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.
11 And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,
12 Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.
13 But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?
14 Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.
15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?
16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.
KJV

While it may seem that this is saying that we all get the same pay... it is not! Those who came last got paid more for they didn't have to do much work and so they really received More. This shows that those who have more work on their own soul to be done, they will suffer much heat to help burn away their sinful flesh so they have more work to do to become in the image of Christ to enter into the rest of God. While those who do not have as much internal work will only have to work out their salvation a shorter period of time and find their rest in God.
While Saul/Paul was chosen by Jesus for his Zealous for God,Paul had killed many men in the name of God before Christ stopped him on the road to Damascus, and Jesus told Paul that he was going to show him what all he was going to suffer to make up for it. Each of us have much internal work to be done, yet each different work and some more than others. Be holy as he is holy!

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.
KJV