1 Corinthians 8:6

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One word- Shema.

And this will be my last post in this thread. If you do not understand the Shema then study it on your own as Paul is declaring the Shema in this passage.

hope this helps !!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One word- Shema.

And this will be my last post in this thread. If you do not understand the Shema then study it on your own as Paul is declaring the Shema in this passage.

hope this helps !!!

1Co 8:6, But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

How is Jesus the one God since He is the one Lord and therefore how can He be the one God here in this scripture?

Refusing to answer the question shows that you are afraid of the question and its implications for your Tritheism.

I will say that my answer is found in Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21, and Mark 12:29 (kjv).

Indeed, the shema:

Mar 12:29, And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

There is one Lord in holy scripture

Eph 4:5, One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

even the Father (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21).

Mat 11:25, At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Luk 10:21, In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

And no one can say that Jesus is the Lord except by the Spirit of truth:

1Co 12:3, Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

And Jesus is the one Lord (1 Corinthians 8:6).

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you answer the contention of the Jehovah's Witnesses who say that 1 Corinthians 8:6 means that Jesus isn't God?

@Christophany, @Enoch111.

What Jehovah’s Witnesses, as well as other institutions may explain, I am not aware. However, I carefully read this scripture twice and see a difference. 1 Corinthians 8:6 (a) says: “…out of whom all things are….” 1 Corinthians 8:6 (b) says: “…through whom all things are….” This is similar to the account in Genesis 1:26, 27. Compare: 1:26: “…’make’…” and, 1:27: “…’create’….” Compare these supporting scriptures: Proverbs 8:22-31; John 17:5; Colossians 1:15-17.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you answer the contention of the Jehovah's Witnesses who say that 1 Corinthians 8:6 means that Jesus isn't God?

@Christophany, @Enoch111.

When Jesus was resurrected he was resurrected with a immortal incorruptible body and at that time he said at John 20:17 that he has a Father and God that was also his Apostles and disciples Father and God. The point is that the Only Begotten Son of God Jesus Christ has been made Our lord and king to the glory of God. So in actuality Jesus Christ is lord of lord and king of king in reference to all those who are lord and kings of the family line of King David because he is the only lord and only king of that family line that has been given immortality and inherited incorruption. The Father and God of Jesus who is YHWH his authority is above everyone including his Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ, so YHWH is King of Kings and Lord of Lords over everyone since he is the creator and source of all life and the Father and God of Jesus Christ.