1 Peter 3:18

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit”​

For Christ suffered once…”
When Jesus was baptized in the Jordan River, He was begotten to a new spirit life with the Holy Spirit. The next 3 1/2 years, until He was crucified, were spent daily sacrificing His will and human life to do only God’s will. Jesus faithfully obeyed and glorified His Father through His obedience unto death. Thus Jesus received a divine resurrection to immortality, honor, and glory. Revelation 5:12 (RSV), “saying with a loud voice, ‘Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!’”

Christ sacrificed His human life and died one time on the cross. As Paul explained in Hebrews 9:24-26 (NKJV) 24 “For Christ has not entered the holy places (the Tabernacle) made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; 25 not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another– 26 He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.”

Romans 6:10 (NKJV), “For the death that He died, He died to sin (as the ransom and sin offering) once for all (all time)”. There is never a need for future masses or sacrifices. That would make Jesus’ sacrifice insufficient to cover our sins. But His sacrifice is all sufficient. 1 John 2:2 (RSV), “and he is the expiation (atoning sacrifice) for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.”
1 Peter 3:18, “…the just for the unjust…”

The just is the perfect man Jesus Christ. Jesus died for the unjust (sinful) Adam. Romans 3:10, 23-24 (RSV), 10 “as it is written: ‘None is righteous (just), no, not one; … 23 since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 they are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus”.

1 Peter 3:18, “… that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit”.
The whole purpose of Jesus sacrificing His human life was to provide an opportunity for all mankind to be restored to the perfection that Adam lost. Acts 3:20-21 (NKJV), “whom heaven must receive (or retain) until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.”

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole purpose of Jesus sacrificing His human life was to provide an opportunity for all mankind to be restored to the perfection that Adam lost.
For all mankind? Where do you read or have been taught that?

My Bible tells me that Jesus shall save His people from their sins (Matthew 1:21), NEVER for all mankind as you claim.

Imagine if Jesus saved all mankind there will never be anyone go to hell, but Scripture teaches that hell will heavily be populated!

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Davy

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For all mankind? Where do you read or have been taught that?

My Bible tells me that Jesus shall save His people from their sins (Matthew 1:21), NEVER for all mankind as you claim.

Imagine if Jesus saved all mankind there will never be anyone go to hell, but Scripture teaches that hell will heavily be populated!

To God Be The Glory
Let's see .... I'm sure YOUR Bible also says that Jesus "gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time." 1 Timothy 2:6 So what part of ALL don't you understand???

As to Matthew 1:21, The Lord said, "The Son of Man is come to seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10). That which was lost is life: life in the perfection that Adam enjoyed, and this the Lord, the Ransom for all, died to obtain for all (John 3:16). "The wage of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Our Lord was the seed of Abraham which was to bless all nations (Gal. 3:16), and the glad tidings were preached to Abraham when God made the promise to him. As Jesus said, "Abraham rejoiced to see my day" the day for which the Church still prays and the groaning creation waits, when he shall call all that are in their graves to come forth, to share in the blessings of his glorious reign. For he must reign until he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death (1 Cor. 15:25-26. See Rev. 21:3-4).

RR

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"All" does not always mean everyone.
For example 1 Corinthians 15:22 , one verse with 2 "all"s: "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive."
in Adam all die (all people)
in Christ shall all be made alive (all the saved - not all people)

Which of the "All" above is 1 Timothy 2:6 talking about?

Reactions: JunChosen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let's see .... I'm sure YOUR Bible also says that Jesus "gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."
Jesus paid for the sins of the whole world, but only those who repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ will be saved. As Christ said: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. (Mt 7:13,14)

Once again you are found to be a false teacher. Christ already refuted your Universalism false doctrine.

Reactions: Davy
Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did Jesus mean in John 17:9 "I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine." (read it in context here if you want)
By your understanding, shouldn't he have prayed for the whole world?​

Reactions: JunChosen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did Jesus mean in John 17:9 "I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine." (read it in context here if you want)
By your understanding, shouldn't he have prayed for the whole world?​
Got to keep reading... and not pull out one verse and use it how you'd like. Everything must be kept in context of the flow of Scripture...

John 17:20-21
Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same thing has happened with the OP of this thread, pulling out a single Scripture out of the context flow of the chapter, and trying to use it to prove his own points which are not in the Scripture.

1 Peter 3:17-22
17 For it is better, if the will of God be so,
that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19 By which also He went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto Him.
KJV

Apostle Peter's context is how Jesus was born of woman's womb like us in order to suffer in the flesh upon His cross, and by The Father having raised Him from the dead, and thus Jesus was 'quickened' by The Spirit, thereby He was able to go preach The Gospel to the "spirits in prison" (in the Heavenly dimension), and offer them His Salvation Plan also, since those spirits were of men that had died back to the time of Noah.

Thus the main Message is about God's saving Grace through His Son's suffering, and how we also should be willing to bear suffering for doing good instead of evil.

And in the next 1 Peter 4 chapter, Peter says this as a result of Christ's preaching to those "spirits in prison" of the dead...

1 Peter 4:6
6 For, for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
KJV

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For god so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son. that whosoever (those in the world) believes will never die but have eternal life

For He did not come to judge, but to save the world.

He who believes is not condemned

He who does not believe is condemned already.

The lost ones will be lost because they did not believe. Not because they sinned.. Jesus took care of that on the cross.

Reactions: BeyondET

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see .... I'm sure YOUR Bible also says that Jesus "gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time." 1 Timothy 2:6 So what part of ALL don't you understand???
BTW, English is my second language yet I fully understand that the word "all" in 1 Timothy 2:6 must be qualified and it does NOT mean "each and every!" Read the last paragraph of my previous post and this:
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my [sheep], and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd." John 10:14-16
As to Matthew 1:21, The Lord said, "The Son of Man is come to seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10). That which was lost is life: life in the perfection that Adam enjoyed, and this the Lord, the Ransom for all, died to obtain for all (John 3:16). "The wage of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Indeed the Son of Man is come to seek and to save that which was lost, however; all the saved are born in different times in history. And, this is the gist of John 10:14-16 above.

I would wager that you have no inkling at all as to the meaning of John 3:16.

As Jesus said, "Abraham rejoiced to see my day" the day for which the Church still prays and the groaning creation waits, when he shall call all that are in their graves to come forth, to share in the blessings of his glorious reign.
Jesus will call the saved and the unsaved alike on the last day. Read Matthew 25:31-46.
33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34) Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
45) Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.
46) And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
For he must reign until he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death (1 Cor. 15:25-26. See Rev. 21:3-4).

RR
As in the "Wages of sin is death?" That is, "cease to exist."

To God Be The Glory

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, English is my second language yet I fully understand that the word "all" in 1 Timothy 2:6 must be qualified and it does NOT mean "each and every!" Read the last paragraph of my previous post and this:
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my [sheep], and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd." John 10:14-16

Indeed the Son of Man is come to seek and to save that which was lost, however; all the saved are born in different times in history. And, this is the gist of John 10:14-16 above.

I would wager that you have no inkling at all as to the meaning of John 3:16.

Jesus will call the saved and the unsaved alike on the last day. Read Matthew 25:31-46.
33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34) Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
45) Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.
46) And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

As in the "Wages of sin is death?" That is, "cease to exist."

To God Be The Glory
Apparently you fail to "rightly divide the scriptures. There is salvation for the world now, and later salvation for mankind. What do you think the Kingdom is for>

RR

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"All" does not always mean everyone.
For example 1 Corinthians 15:22 , one verse with 2 "all"s: "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive."
in Adam all die (all people)
in Christ shall all be made alive (all the saved - not all people)

Which of the "All" above is 1 Timothy 2:6 talking about?
Hmmm ... so ALL in Adam means ALL but all in Christ means some? I don't think so

Reactions: Pierac

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NASB 1Ti 4:9 It is a trustworthy statement deserving full acceptance. 10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

NET 1Ti 4:9 This saying is trustworthy and deserves full acceptance. 10 In fact this is why we work hard and struggle, because we have set our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of believers.

Rom 11:32 For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.

1Ti 2:3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires2309 all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.

Note: “desires2309In 1 Titus 2:4 is assigned Strong’s number 2309
θέλω / ἐθέλω thelō / ethelō Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon Definition: 1) to will, have in mind, intend

Isa 46:9 "Remember the former things long past, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, 'My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure';

What did Jesus tell you...
Joh 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming, 24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death.
... which is the wage of sin! Jesus died for your sins... Jesus did not burn for eterinity for your sins... the wage has been paid by our lord and King!!!

Reactions: RR144

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm ... so ALL in Adam means ALL but all in Christ means some? I don't think so
You better believe so, unless you believe God is a liar!!!

"All (pardon the pun) scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine...." 2 Timothy 3:16.

Last edited:

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You better believe it, unless you believe God is a liar!!!

"All (pardon the pun) scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine...." 2 Timothy 3:16.
NASB 1Ti 4:9 It is a trustworthy statement deserving full acceptance. 10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

NET 1Ti 4:9 This saying is trustworthy and deserves full acceptance. 10 In fact this is why we work hard and struggle, because we have set our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of believers.

Rom 11:32 For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.

1Ti 2:3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires2309 all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.

Note: “desires2309” In 1 Titus 2:4 is assigned Strong’s number 2309
θέλω / ἐθέλω thelō / ethelō Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon Definition: 1) to will, have in mind, intend

Isa 46:9 "Remember the former things long past, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, 'My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure';

What did Jesus tell you...
Joh 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming, 24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death.
... which is the wage of sin! Jesus died for your sins... Jesus did not burn for eterinity for your sins... the wage has been paid by our lord and King!!!

DEAL WITH THE TRUTH....

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DEAL WITH THE TRUTH....
MOI? OR ARE YOU QUOTING YOURSELF?

Read 1 Corinthians 15:23 very, very carefully as the verse is NOT saying what ordinary man is understanding it.

But every man in own order:
First, Christ is the first fruits.
Secondly, they that are Christ's at his coming.

Romans 11:32 must be read from verse 28 to the end of the chapter to get context!

To God Be The Glory

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MOI? OR ARE YOU QUOTING YOURSELF?

Read 1 Corinthians 15:23 very, very carefully as the verse is NOT saying what ordinary man is understanding it.

But every man in own order:
First, Christ is the first fruits.
Secondly, they that are Christ's at his coming.

Romans 11:32 must be read from verse 28 to the end of the chapter to get context!

To God Be The Glory
You already know... as do I

Act 13:48

Silly Child...
1Co 12:3

Don't be such a Prick...

• Sad
Reactions: marks

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't be such a Prick...
Losing our temper, aren't we? That's unbecoming of any child of God that makes derogatory remarks!

I know you are new in CB forums. Have you been kicked out from other forums by making same kinds of remarks as you have?

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As to Matthew 1:21, The Lord said, "The Son of Man is come to seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10). That which was lost is life: life in the perfection that Adam enjoyed, and this the Lord, the Ransom for all, died to obtain for all (John 3:16). "The wage of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Our Lord was the seed of Abraham which was to bless all nations (Gal. 3:16), and the glad tidings were preached to Abraham when God made the promise to him. As Jesus said, "Abraham rejoiced to see my day" the day for which the Church still prays and the groaning creation waits, when he shall call all that are in their graves to come forth, to share in the blessings of his glorious reign. For he must reign until he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death (1 Cor. 15:25-26. See Rev. 21:3-4).

RR
YES, Jesus died for all, for all the world.

Unfortunatelly, not all will receive Him and Salvation = John 1:10-13 , Matt 7:14 , Matt 25:41

He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

“Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: