10-20-2023 Ezekiel 38 Is At Israel’s Doorstep = Ezekiel 38;1-7

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ezekiel 38;1-7

And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him, And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal: And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee. Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.

Ezekiel 38:8-16

After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them. Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee. Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought: And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates, To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land. Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil? Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it? And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army: And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

Ezekiel 38:17-23

Thus saith the Lord GOD; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them? And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that my fury shall come up in my face. For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel; So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground. And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother. And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

AMEN

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Book of revelation does not paint this picture at all.

It tells us that the Ezekiel 38-39 battle will occur after the Bottomless pit is unlocked and the beast and the False Prophet rise up out of it.

The heavenly hosts, i.e., Satan, the five beats of Daniel 7:1-12, and the kings of the earth will be judged and imprisoned for many days, after the completion of the 2,300 years of trampling God's sanctuary and His earthly hosts. This judgement occurs at Armageddon and it will occur at the end of this present age. We have already seen the signs and wonders that herald the coming judgement of the heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth in the year 2001. We have also seen the budding of the Fig tree, i.e., Israel, in 1948 and from this one verse prophecy, we know that God will establish His Everlasting Kingdom around 90 plus years from when the Fig Tree buds.

We also know from scripture, that Israel will not be gather by God until the completion of the visitation of their iniquities at the end of the fourth age of their existence, and that as Paul stated in Romans 11:25-26 that when the completion of the time of the Gentiles occurs, that after that time all of Israel will be saved.

Just like times in the past, people have tried to associate unfolding events in their day with Biblical prophecy and fallen flat on their faces.

You are just one of these practitioners who are making false claims about scriptural prophecies without any substance to back up your claims.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of revelation does not paint this picture at all.

It tells us that the Ezekiel 38-39 battle will occur after the Bottomless pit is unlocked and the beast and the False Prophet rise up out of it.

The heavenly hosts, i.e., Satan, the five beats of Daniel 7:1-12, and the kings of the earth will be judged and imprisoned for many days, after the completion of the 2,300 years of trampling God's sanctuary and His earthly hosts. This judgement occurs at Armageddon and it will occur at the end of this present age. We have already seen the signs and wonders that herald the coming judgement of the heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth in the year 2001. We have also seen the budding of the Fig tree, i.e., Israel, in 1948 and from this one verse prophecy, we know that God will establish His Everlasting Kingdom around 90 plus years from when the Fig Tree buds.

We also know from scripture, that Israel will not be gather by God until the completion of the visitation of their iniquities at the end of the fourth age of their existence, and that as Paul stated in Romans 11:25-26 that when the completion of the time of the Gentiles occurs, that after that time all of Israel will be saved.

Just like times in the past, people have tried to associate unfolding events in their day with Biblical prophecy and fallen flat on their faces.

You are just one of these practitioners who are making false claims about scriptural prophecies without any substance to back up your claims.
The 2,300 days were 'specified' as mornings and evenings, declaring these are 24 hour days that add up to 6.3 years and chapter 8 is about GREECE. This was showing the Jewish revolt under Antiochus IV Epiphanes and the Maccabees. 67 BC to 60 BC.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The 2,300 days were 'specified' as mornings and evenings, declaring these are 24 hour days that add up to 6.3 years and chapter 8 is about GREECE. This was showing the Jewish revolt under Antiochus IV Epiphanes and the Maccabees. 67 BC to 60 BC.

When does the trampling of the earthly Host stop? Did the trampling of the earthly hosts stop in 60 BC as you have suggested, or did it continue as Daniel 9:26b tells us? Does it continue for around two ages i.e., for around 2,000 years, from when Jerusalem was sacked and the Israelites scattered to the four corners of the earth and concludes when the war in Heaven ends and Satan is kicked out of heaven and is immediately, along with the other judged heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth, imprisoned in the bottomless pit for 1,000 years.

I believe that the historical evidence shows that the trampling of God's earthly hosts has not abated yet since around 260 BC when the trampling of the Sanctuary and the earthly hosts apparently began.

The judgement of the kings of the earth will begin when the kings of the earth assemble at Armageddon in our near future.

Me thinks that you have accepted a lie.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren in Christ Jesus:

Don't get all uptight with these who think they understand the Ezekiel 38-39 chapter Bible prophecy, which is actually for the very 'last day' of this present world on the day of Lord Jesus' future coming.

There's still many events prophesied to occur before the army coming out of the northern quarters comes upon Israel on the last day. The time Jesus warned of "great tribulation" has not even come yet today, and it will be a time of the New World Order establishing a time of world peace with their "king of the world" in power over all nations, with all wars having stopped.

We are warned about many deceivers for the end, per God's Word. There are so-called preachers out there that if they see an opportunity to make a dollar, they will push all sorts of false doctrines by chopping up Bible quotes to fool the gullible into giving them their monies. And the more fantastic their preaching to stir up your emotions, the more money they see raking in. Don't listen to them, don't buy their books and movies. They are not servants of The LORD. They are charlatans, thieves creeping in, deceivers. Stay in your Bible with God's help, getting understanding from Him through His Son Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Jay Ross

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When does the trampling of the earthly Host stop? Did the trampling of the earthly hosts stop in 60 BC as you have suggested, or did it continue as Daniel 9:26b tells us? Does it continue for around two ages i.e., for around 2,000 years, from when Jerusalem was sacked and the Israelites scattered to the four corners of the earth and concludes when the war in Heaven ends and Satan is kicked out of heaven and is immediately, along with the other judged heavenly hosts and the kings of the earth, imprisoned in the bottomless pit for 1,000 years.

I believe that the historical evidence shows that the trampling of God's earthly hosts has not abated yet since around 260 BC when the trampling of the Sanctuary and the earthly hosts apparently began.

The judgement of the kings of the earth will begin when the kings of the earth assemble at Armageddon in our near future.

Me thinks that you have accepted a lie.
With Greece? Chapter 8 is ONLY about Greece and the Jews. Greece was conquered by the Romans. Then we have Daniel 9 and another revolt and the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple by Rome. CONTEXT, CONTEXT, CONTEXT.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
With Greece? Chapter 8 is ONLY about Greece and the Jews. Greece was conquered by the Romans. Then we have Daniel 9 and another revolt and the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple by Rome. CONTEXT, CONTEXT, CONTEXT.
You are welcome to your view. I can tell people once, twice and then a third time and after that I tend to leave them alone in their ignorance.

The entity that orchestrates the trampling of God's sanctuary and His earthly hosts is the Little Horn who is also called a beast.

You are giving a Preterist's perspective on prophecy and we all know how wrong that theological understanding is.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are welcome to your view. I can tell people once, twice and then a third time and after that I tend to leave them alone in their ignorance.

The entity that orchestrates the trampling of God's sanctuary and His earthly hosts is the Little Horn who is also called a beast.

You are giving a Preterist's perspective on prophecy and we all know how wrong that theological understanding is.
There is more than one little horn, but alike in the paradigm of Jewish history. Chapter 8 has a little horn, Antiochus IV Epiphanes and is in Daniel's future, and in Jewish history. Chapter 7 has a little horn and is the most important one, and why it was featured first. It is the Antichrist, but this one is not out of Greece. In fact, very soon, within months we will see who that is. We are going into the Great Tribulation now.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is more than one little horn, but alike in the paradigm of Jewish history. Chapter 8 has a little horn, Antiochus IV Epiphanes and is in Daniel's future, and in Jewish history. Chapter 7 has a little horn and is the most important one, and why it was featured first. It is the Antichrist, but this one is not out of Greece. In fact, very soon, within months we will see who that is. We are going into the Great Tribulation now.

But that is an unproved theory. What will happen in our near future is the Isaiah 24:21-22 which describes the judgements of the Heavenly hosts in heaven and the kings of the earth on the earth and together they will be imprisoned for many days to await the time of their punishment. Rev 19:11-16 describes the judgement of the Kings of the earth in our near future at the place called Armageddon in sight of Jerusalem.

Now scripturally, can you show that there are more than one Little Horn.

You hold to two wrong theological beliefs in your above posts. The Great tribulation is still over 1,000-years into our future and cannot occur until the bottomless pit is unlocked to release those imprisoned in that pit.

Oh well, you are welcome to believe what you want, but I would not hold to those points of view.

Shalom

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ezekiel 38;1-7

And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him, And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal: And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee. Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.

Ezekiel 38:8-16

After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them. Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee. Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought: And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates, To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land. Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil? Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it? And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army: And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

Ezekiel 38:17-23

Thus saith the Lord GOD; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them? And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that my fury shall come up in my face. For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel; So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground. And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother. And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

AMEN
It could be. The US is preparing for a middle east war and God has hinted he may intervene. time will tell if this explodes to fulfilling Ez. 38.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It could be. The US is preparing for a middle east war and God has hinted he may intervene. time will tell if this explodes to fulfilling Ez. 38.

Speculation on what is God's End Time Prophecies is fraught with danger. It leads us down pathways that are not Godly or from God.

My pastor does not want to provide a chronology of how the End Times will unfold because he believes that it will create division between in the congregation because of the diverse speculated theologies of misinformation.

This is a classic example of this problem. The Ezekiel 38-39 prophecy is a prophecy that is fulfilled after Satan is released from the Bottomless pit. The problem is that few people understand when Satan will be imprisoned in the Bottomless pit.

When Israel repents of its continual idolatrous worship in our near future, God promises the remove all of the beasts of Daniel 7 from the face of the earth for a time, that being for 1,000-years. After that, they will be given a little while period to test the resolve of the Saints to hold fast to God and His promises in what has been called the Great tribulation.

The Gog Magog army marching towards Jerusalem and the saints at the end of the Seventh Age is outside of my relative time period to be a concern for me. What I have to focus on is my relationship with God. Being a worry wart about something that will have no impact on me will only take my focus off of maintaining my relationship with God and cause me to fall away from God.

Since the end of WW1 and WW2 there has been a great falling away because of the Seventh Bowl Judgement.

God is calling us to turn once more to Him and to worship Him. Sadly, we want to be puppeteers and control what God does for us to satisfy our desires and future hopes.

Shalom

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even though the time of "great tribulation" has not even started yet? Don't be fooled by the present wars, for Jesus said as long as we hear of wars and rumors of wars, the end is not yet.

The world powers, controlled by Satan, are preparing the world for the coming great contrast of world peace, by the completion of their New World Order and the bringing in of 'their' king of the world, the Antichrist.

The Antichrist per Daniel 8, a "king of fierce countenance", will destroy spiritually using peace, and he will cause craft to prosper in his hand it says. Link that with a time of world peace, and even the deceived which Apostle Paul mentioned for the end that will be saying, "Peace and safety", and then you have the REAL SIGNS of what the coming time of "great tribulation" will be about.

The Antichrist is going to come in a time of 'created chaos' to be the great fixer, fixing all the world's problems, ending all wars, paying off your debts if you bow to him in place of God, and bring a deception that appears to be like GOD has actually returned, when it will be a supernatural false-Messiah doing that before Lord Jesus returns.

Rev 13:4
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
KJV

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that is an unproved theory. What will happen in our near future is the Isaiah 24:21-22 which describes the judgements of the Heavenly hosts in heaven and the kings of the earth on the earth and together they will be imprisoned for many days to await the time of their punishment. Rev 19:11-16 describes the judgement of the Kings of the earth in our near future at the place called Armageddon in sight of Jerusalem.

Now scripturally, can you show that there are more than one Little Horn.

You hold to two wrong theological beliefs in your above posts. The Great tribulation is still over 1,000-years into our future and cannot occur until the bottomless pit is unlocked to release those imprisoned in that pit.

Oh well, you are welcome to believe what you want, but I would not hold to those points of view.

Shalom

Of course. Just look at the CONTEXT of each of those chapters in Daniel. Simple.

Also know that the visions are about Israel. Seeing as the Maccabeen revolt also had to do with a defiling of the Hebrew temple, it amazes me that you discount it.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of course. Just look at the CONTEXT of each of those chapters in Daniel. Simple.

Why should I do the work to prove your claim here. Without the scriptural reference you have only presented your opinion which is wrong IMHO.

Also know that the visions are about Israel. Seeing as the Maccabeen revolt also had to do with a defiling of the Hebrew temple, it amazes me that you discount it.

I discounted it because Satan used the Maccabees revolt to hide the true understanding of what was prophesied in Daniel 8. History confirms what I have claimed the trampling of God's earthly hosts on the face of the earth is still going on today. Just look at the conflict between the Hanas and Israel that is being played out as we post.

Just like in the 9/11 event, Satan tried to have four planes hijacked to do signs and wonders, but God only allowed Satan to use three planes to perform the signs and wonders in the Sixth Bowl Judgement prophecy.

If you believe that you are right, then present the evidence properly to justify your claims.