10/30/2020 -- Massive M7.0 earthquake strikes Europe / Turkey

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10/30/2020 -- Massive M7.0 earthquake strikes Europe / Turkey -- Major damage across region

As above, So below.

I was thinking about this today.
Does our spiritual/energy impact the physical world?

Thank You

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10/30/2020 -- Massive M7.0 earthquake strikes Europe / Turkey -- Major damage across region

As above, So below.

Thank You

No it does not, earthquakes are a product of the creation of the universe. They are affected by global warming and the weight of water (polar ice melt), the weight of civilization (buildings and skyscrapers), the thermal radiation from the sun, gravitation from the moon and sun, etc. But set in motion by the formation of the earth, sun and moon.

You can't will an earthquake to happen, unless you have faith to move mountains, but faith like that is supposedly a gift from God:

Matthew 17:20

20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Also

1 Corinthians 12:8-11

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Reactions: historyb and Ziggy

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As above, So below.
I am praying for those affected by this quake!!

I'm also praying for you, Ziggy, and all the other New Agers/pagans on this forum--those who speak against the truth of Jesus Christ!

Lord Jesus, expose the darkness! Expose the evil! Set people free from the shackles of the evil one! Amen!

Edit: "The meaning and significance of this phrase [As above, so below] is that it holds the key to all mysteries. All systems of magic function with this formula. 'That which is above is the same as that which is below‘…Macrocosmos is the same as microcosmos."

I know who you are.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm also praying for you, Ziggy, and all the other New Agers/pagans on this forum--those who speak against the truth of Jesus Christ!

Lord Jesus, expose the darkness! Expose the evil! Set people free from the shackles of the evil one! Amen!

Edit: "The meaning and significance of this phrase [As above, so below] is that it holds the key to all mysteries. All systems of magic function with this formula. 'That which is above is the same as that which is below‘…Macrocosmos is the same as microcosmos."

I know who you are.

What's pagan? I thought it was interesting who actually falls into that category. Perhaps the word is loosely used on this forum:

Pagan: a person holding religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As above, So below.

Thank You
The land masses are constantly shifting....they are like huge floating islands....molten lava from the ocean floor is constantly creating mounds and mounds of new land mass....then tectonic plates move and shift according to ocean activity.
Earthquakes and/tremors occur daily...some are just too weak to feel. The major ones occur along the fault lines.
At one time, all land masses were thought to be a single continent. I think it is called the Paleozoic age....in time it began to break apart....(maybe God chose to do this). But if you look at the coast line of one continent and compare it to the adjacent one they fit like a puzzle piece.
Here is an image of what it looked like.
Google Image Result for https://dr282zn36sxxg.cloudfront.net/datastreams/f-d%3A4cb0ee3c2a855b9653021c7a4ecd9b24efe220cbba396497400c739c%2BIMAGE_THUMB_POSTCARD_TINY%2BIMAGE_THUMB_POSTCARD_TINY.1

Reactions: Ziggy and dev553344

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's pagan? I thought it was interesting who actually falls into that category. Perhaps the word is loosely used on this forum:

Pagan: a person holding religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions.

Definition of pagan

1: HEATHEN especially : a follower of a polytheistic religion (as in ancient Rome)

2: one who has little or no religion and who delights in sensual pleasures and material goods : an irreligious or hedonistic person

3: NEO-PAGAN witches, druids, goddess worshippers, and other pagans in America today— Alice Dowd

Reactions: amigo de christo

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Definition of pagan

1: HEATHEN especially : a follower of a polytheistic religion (as in ancient Rome)

2: one who has little or no religion and who delights in sensual pleasures and material goods : an irreligious or hedonistic person

3: NEO-PAGAN witches, druids, goddess worshippers, and other pagans in America today— Alice Dowd

You should probably quote it from the King James Bible dictionary then to be more inline with the world religions:

Pagan
PA'GAN, noun [Latin paganus, a peasant or countryman, from pagus, a village.] A heathen; a Gentile; an idolater; one who worships false gods. This word was originally applied to the inhabitants of the country, who on the first propagation of the christian religion adhered to the worship of false gods, or refused to receive christianity, after it had been received by the inhabitants of the cities. In like manner, heather signifies an inhabitant of the heath or woods, and caffer, in Arabic, signifies the inhabitant of a hut or cottage, and one that does not receive the religion of Mohammed. pagan is used to distinguish one from a Christian and a Mohammedan.

PA'GAN, adjective Heathen; heathenish; Gentile; noting a person who worships false gods.

1. Pertaining to the worship of false gods.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank You so much for those prayers. I can use them, believe me.
I don't know what a New Ager is.
But I do know that it was by God's spirit that the earth was formed.
And he put this spirit in man.
And we have twisted and corrupted that spirit with the very things we think and words we say.

What I don't know is if our thoughts and words have an impact on the Spirit of the world on which it's foundations lay.
The hotter we get, angrier, wrathful, nastiness, ..
the more turmoil the earth experiences.

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
Job 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Col 4:2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;

Have you ever seen the video about how emotions and words can change the molecular structure of water?
Watch: about 6 minutes, fascinating stuff.
Thank you!
HUGS

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You so much for those prayers. I can use them, believe me.
I don't know what a New Ager is.
But I do know that it was by God's spirit that the earth was formed.
And he put this spirit in man.
And we have twisted and corrupted that spirit with the very things we think and words we say.

What I don't know is if our thoughts and words have an impact on the Spirit of the world on which it's foundations lay.
The hotter we get, angrier, wrathful, nastiness, ..
the more turmoil the earth experiences.

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
Job 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Col 4:2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;

Have you ever seen the video about how emotions and words can change the molecular structure of water?
Watch: about 6 minutes, fascinating stuff.
Thank you!
HUGS

The path of paganism leads to hell. I pray that you will get off that path and turn to Jesus Christ alone--the ONE TRUE GOD!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The land masses are constantly shifting....they are like huge floating islands....molten lava from the ocean floor is constantly creating mounds and mounds of new land mass....then tectonic plates move and shift according to ocean activity.
Earthquakes and/tremors occur daily...some are just too weak to feel. The major ones occur along the fault lines.
At one time, all land masses were thought to be a single continent. I think it is called the Paleozoic age....in time it began to break apart....(maybe God chose to do this). But if you look at the coast line of one continent and compare it to the adjacent one they fit like a puzzle piece.
Here is an image of what it looked like.
Google Image Result for https://dr282zn36sxxg.cloudfront.net/datastreams/f-d%3A4cb0ee3c2a855b9653021c7a4ecd9b24efe220cbba396497400c739c%2BIMAGE_THUMB_POSTCARD_TINY%2BIMAGE_THUMB_POSTCARD_TINY.1
That was in the days of Peleg and.. hold on..
Gen 10:25
And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.

Maybe?
what do we really know?
Do you trust the science, the scientists?
What do they know?
They don't even belive in God to begin with.
Seems to me, science is built on a faulty foundation... man's foundation.
The below side vs. the above.

I'm just sharing my thoughts..
While I still have some to go round..:D

Thank You!
HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are free to not reply to this thread though..
I mean..
Maybe other people like to dig a bit and find the "FOUNDATIONS" that God created the earth on.
There sure are lots of playgrounds in the park to play in..
Not everybody likes Rasberry Zinger tea.
Maybe this just isn't your flavour...
and that's ok.
I like a lot of the teas you serve :)

Sticks and stones... :p
No really, a pagan? .. :(

HUGS

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Turkey is a nation of where East meets West...
Usually a very tolerant place.

But....

Security Alert: U.S. Mission in Turkey | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Turkey
Event: The U.S. Mission in Turkey has received credible reports of potential terrorist attacks and kidnappings against U.S. citizens and foreign nationals in Istanbul, including against the U.S. Consulate General, as well as potentially other locations in Turkey. U.S. citizens are advised to exercise heightened caution in locations where Americans or foreigners may gather, including large office buildings or shopping malls.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Turkey is a nation of where East meets West...
Usually a very tolerant place.

But....

Security Alert: U.S. Mission in Turkey | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Turkey
Event: The U.S. Mission in Turkey has received credible reports of potential terrorist attacks and kidnappings against U.S. citizens and foreign nationals in Istanbul, including against the U.S. Consulate General, as well as potentially other locations in Turkey. U.S. citizens are advised to exercise heightened caution in locations where Americans or foreigners may gather, including large office buildings or shopping malls.
East/West Up/Down

See the chaos?? that's what I'm talking about..:(

HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm bumming...
I talk about the book of Revelation. I see it spiritual,, people say NOPE it's physical.
I talk about the World.. I see see the spiritual effects it has on it.. and people say Nope it's just physical.
And then...
Never mind..
HERE I AM... THIS IS ME..
(maybe later I be somewhere else, but for now)

I'm still hugging though..
that won't change

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
East/West Up/Down

See the chaos?? that's what I'm talking about..:(

HUGS

I'm not sure what is going on.
It could be the Kurds or ISIL remnants trying to reassert themselves.

Kurds have oil and money.
ISIL has radicals.
Christians are running around too. The seven churches of revelations aren't all gone completely...the crusaders didn't wipe them all out.

Reactions: Ziggy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As above, So below.

Thank You
I would say no.

I don't believe mankind has any inherent power over creation.

Much love!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 60:2
Thou hast made the earth to tremble; thou hast broken it: heal the breaches thereof; for it shaketh.
Isa 24:5
The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.
Isa 24:19
The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.

Hugs

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you trust the science, the scientists?
What do they know?
They don't even belive in God to begin with.
Seems to me, science is built on a faulty foundation... man's foundation.

There are quite a few Christian science leaders in the history of science. I listen to science as I use many of it's advancements on a day to day basis. Seeing a doctor and taking medications, using a cell phone or computer, getting an x-ray, driving a car, living on a structurally engineered dwelling (which most of us enjoy).

Science relates to factual data and theory, which I like because it tends to be less imaginary.