1000 Years

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

J.M.

Oct 28, 2007
In Rev. 20 we read about a 1000 year period, do you believe this to be a literal 1000 years? If it is literal, is the chain in v. 1 literal as well? If that chain is literal, how does a literal chain bound a spiritual being?If the 1000 years is a literal period of time, why isn't the chain literal? How are you deciding what is and isn't literal?:study:Thanks guys/gals.j

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
II Peter 3:8 - But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.Yes the Melineum Age will last one Day.JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
JWhat do you think? I have been woondering about that for a while. The old go to heaven for a thousand years and come back etc etcC

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(J.M.;21641)
In Rev. 20 we read about a 1000 year period, do you believe this to be a literal 1000 years? If it is literal, is the chain in v. 1 literal as well? If that chain is literal, how does a literal chain bound a spiritual being?If the 1000 years is a literal period of time, why isn't the chain literal? How are you deciding what is and isn't literal?:study:Thanks guys/gals.j
I believe the chain is also a "literal" chain. A spirit body, I believe, isn't a whispy piece of fluff but it has mass just as we do but it isn't mortal....doesn't age, etc. So...a chain would hold that body but whether he is in actual chains I don't know. It could simply mean he was held until the appointed time.
biggrin.gif
I suppose the question is, will the 1,000 years seem like that to us or not. It is as one day to God but will it be to us? I think not as it will be a time of teaching all of those that didn't make the first resurrection. That can't be done in a literal day........Whirlwind

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Just because that phrase was used a day is as a 1000 years does not mean the 1000 years is not literal. going to heaven with Lord for 1 day or 1000 years and then coming back here with new heaven and new earth will be fun

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The millennium is a literal period of 1,000 years. It will be here on Earth - as it is clearly described by both Revelation and the book that has more about the millennium than any other in the Bible - Ezekiel. It will be a millennium of teaching of which the firstfruits will be present teaching with Christ at the head.Revelation 20:4-6
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Hello all, This is my first post.Hello JM You asked : If the 1000 years is a literal period of time, why isn’t the chain literal? How are you deciding with I and isn’t literal?My response: It is all in the ability to distinguish a cliché. For example we know that it states that Christ is going to “rule with a rod of iron.” It is very possible that He is going to personally be beating people with an iron flog, but I doubt it. The term “rule with a rod of iron” is a cliché which describes His ability and authority to rule. Concerning the “chain” in Rev 20, it could be literal but you have to ask whether it is possible that the “chain” is a cliché describing the act of bonding Satan. The 1000 years does not appear to be a cliché.In Yehoshua,Guy Smith

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Hello haanne,This might help.The MillenniumUnderstanding the millennium revolves around understanding the purpose of the New Jerusalem which returns with Christ which marks the beginning of the millennium. Satan will have been previously bound.Rev 21:1-71 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.The function of the New Jerusalem is a place for the resurrected saints to stay during the millennium. The world at the time of Christ’s return will have been devastated by war and the vials of wrath. The saints will be welcome inside the protective walls of the New Jerusalem.Rev 21:25-2725 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there.26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it.27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.(NIV)However, on the “outside” of the New Jerusalem (living in the devastation of the war and vials of wrath) will be individuals that did not accept Christ and survived into the millennium.Rev 22:14-1514 "Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.(NIV)Zech 14:1616 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.(NIV)These “outside” individuals are the ones that Christ and the resurrected saints will “rule with a rod of iron.” Rev 20:66 Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.(NIV)At the end of the millennium Satan is released to deceive those on the “outside” to attack the New Jerusalem where they meet their final destruction.Rev 20:7-97 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth-- Gog and Magog-- to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore.9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them.(NIV)After the millennial rule will be the great white throne judgment.Rev 20:11-1511 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them.12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done.14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.15 If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.(NIV)In Yehoshua,Guy Smith

haanne

Oct 29, 2007
Okay so ,The new Jersusalem is for saints who survived the war into the mill.Actual living persons? The people living on the outside have a chance (the mill) to repent?then satan is released and will devour what is left and try to battle God ,then God will throw him in the lake of fire. Then the book wil be opened and god will judge everyone who has ever lived. Even those who are now in Hades? So those who are now dead are in a (Holding Place) good or bad thats the great chasam in Luke right?The rich man and lazarus. Am I close? Its starting to make sense.-haanne

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I disagree with parts of Guys previous post haanneALLare changed at the return of Christ at the 7th trump we are all in spiritual bodies and Christ will be our teacher3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.{quote}The function of the New Jerusalem is a place for the resurrected saints to stay during the millennium. The world at the time of Christ’s return will have been devastated by war and the vials of wrath. The saints will be welcome inside the protective walls of the New Jerusalem.{quote}There is no evidence of this in fact the whole world will be renewed. And those that deseserve a second chance will be taught. Revelation 22:15 "For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie."Is not talking about outside the wallsphysically but spiritually those who are never accept Christ The messenger is repeating for you and I, that the rewards, and eternal life are our right when we accept Him and do His commandments. He compares those who violate His words as dogs, and gives them the same ranking as all those who will be destroyed in hell fire, and never see the "New Jerusalem".4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.In fact if there are no tears,no death,or sorrow how can people be locked out side the walls God doesnt say except for people locked out.All will be changed Satan and his evil followers will be bound all those left will be taught and ruled by Christ himself.

blessed1195

Nov 9, 2007
Please read Ezekial Chapters 40 to the end. This is the most detailed description of the millenium ( The LORD's Day)and yes it is a time for teaching- teaching discipline since GOD's word will be written in everyone's mind.Ezekial 44:025: And they shall come at no dead person to defile themselves: but for father, or for mother, or for son, or for daughter, for brother, or for sister that hath had no husband, they may defile themselves. Explanation:The elect,that made the first resurrection,dwell with Christ and can go teach discipline to their spiritually dead family, from the 2nd earth age, to help them make it into the eternity.026: And after he is cleansed, they shall reckon unto him seven days. The penalty to is to stay apart from Christ for 7 days.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Hello haanne,I think you’ve got it. There are two resurrections that are in our future. They are recognized as the resurrection of the just and unjust. The first resurrection or the resurrection of the just is where the saints that have died in Christ will be raised and receive their reward. This will take place at Christ’s advent at the beginning of the millennium. Those that are dead in Christ have been referred to be in a sleep while waiting for the first resurrection.1 Thessalonians 4:14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.The resurrection of the unjust takes place at the end of the millennium. This second resurrection is when those that did not accept Christ are raised. This is where books are opened and they are judged. This is sometimes called the great white throne judgment. Revelation 20 covers these details.In Yehoshua,Guy Smith

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(guysmith;22631)
Hello haanne,I think you’ve got it. There are two resurrections that are in our future. They are recognized as the resurrection of the just and unjust. The first resurrection or the resurrection of the just is where the saints that have died in Christ will be raised and receive their reward. This will take place at Christ’s advent at the beginning of the millennium. Those that are dead in Christ have been referred to be in a sleep while waiting for the first resurrection.1 Thessalonians 4:14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.The resurrection of the unjust takes place at the end of the millennium. This second resurrection is when those that did not accept Christ are raised. This is where books are opened and they are judged. This is sometimes called the great white throne judgment. Revelation 20 covers these details.In Yehoshua,Guy Smith
The word sleep is better translated die because there is no such thing as soul sleeping, as this scripture says...Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.That is to say, our flesh body will return to the ground and our soul goes back to the Father whom gave it.Just to let you know, or to remind you, either way.JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
This concern is over "them which are asleep". The concern is over the loved ones that have died and left them, and their decaying bodies are out there in their grave. Paul is saying for us not to be sorry about those Christians who are dead and gone, for that is the concern of the heathen. The heathen's fear comes from their ignorance of God's word, and His promises. The heathen have no hope, for they believe it's over at the burial.I Thessalonians 4:14 "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him."If we believe, as a Christian, that Christ set the example for us; so that we will follow as He did, in dying, and rising again, then "to sleep" is to be dead from the flesh body. The Greek is a simple language, for it's structure allows one to be more precise. The subject in the frame of this verse is; "that ye not be ignorant as to where the dead are." If you're a Christian, you know and believe that Jesus Christ died, was buried, and on the third day arose and came out of the tomb. If you do not believe this, Paul classifies you as ignorant, and heathen [non-believer]. It was on the fortieth day that he ascended back to the Father. When Jesus ascended into heaven, all the souls went with him into heaven also, that had passed on, up to that point in time. The souls of some went to wait for that time of judgment, while others to the glory of God. Those that sleep [are dead] are not out there in a hole in the ground, but all Christians must believe that they arose to be with the Father, just like Christ did also. The dead are with God; all of them. "To be absent from the body [flesh body] is to be present with the Lord." Ecclesiastes 12:7I agree with you there are two resurections Just not about people walking around in war torn world outside the cityas its a New World

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Hello kriss,Let me start by saying that I am not trying to win an argument.You stated: In fact if there are no tears, death, or sorrow how can people be locked out side the walls God doesn’t say except for people locked out.My response: The reference to when God wipes away all tears, takes away death and sorrow, crying and pain, applies to first resurrection saints. Those that are not saved that enter the millennium will be cast into outer darkness where there will be “weeping and gnashing of teeth.”Matthew 24:30And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.You stated: There is no evidence of the in fact the whole world will be renewed.My response: Ezekiel 47 is a description of the river of life that is predicted to flow from the temple during the millennium. The river will flow toward the east (toward the Dead Sea) and heal it (vs 8). Except where the river flows, the land will left desolate (vs 11). You stated: Is not talking about outside the wallsphysically but spiritually those who are never accept Christ.My response: According to Ezekiel, where the river does flow fruit trees will grow where the fruit is for food and the leaves are for medicine(vs 12). Let me ask you this; will we who have immortal bodies need medicine, or is it possible that this medicine will be for those that were not saved that entered the millennium?Ezekiel 47 1Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar. 2Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side. 3And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles. 4Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins. 5Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over. 6And he said unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen this? Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the brink of the river. 7Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other. 8Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed. 9And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh. 10And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many. 11But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt. 12And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine. In Yehoshua,Guy Smith

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I did not think you were trying to win an argument Guy:) Nor am I just having a discussion about those outside the wall. You have mis understood I said the Whole World Will be renewedthe outter darkness is not walking around on earth for we are ALL changed at the twinkling of an eye not just some ALLAnd there is a New heaven and A new earth so there cant not be ruins.

Daquine

Oct 9, 2007
(J.M.;21641)
Well, my view on the chain idea, is that how would you chain a spiritual being? By using a spiritual chain. An angel will come down and chain the beast for 1000 years. If the chain came from Heaven itself, it would chain him.And I'd like to think it would be a literal 1000 years. Would be nice to have 1000 years without the big bad beast.