101 ways to irritate your doctor (and big drug companies)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I won't list 101 ways here, but I ought to write a book. I'll just give a few examples, but first the overview:In the past, and even yet today, the battle rages on between established medicine and natural healing. However, what many of us do not realize is there is maybe a little more than just the debate as to how to treat the illness or condition. There may be an actual disagreement over the condition itself. For example, doctors may try drugs and exercise to lose weight. Naturalists may try herbs and vitamins. However, maybe a third way of looking at it is to say that weight gain is not always bad. So while each side wants to "treat" the supposed malady their own opposing way, a third view is that there is no malady there at all, or maybe the nature of it is somehow different.I tend to the side of natural ways, especially vitamins and minerals (as I do not believe our processed food contain enough) but I realize that a health nut may be just as overzealous as the orthodox medical establishment has been with drugs these days. Geeez. Is there no common sense? I guess not---- everyone has to be swinging to one extreme or the other.Now for some examples as to how to irritate a doctor:Doctor: Have you been watching your sodium lately?You: You mean salt, Doc?Doctor: Yes!You: Oh yes! Like any vital mineral nutrient, I make sure I get enough and plenty of it!Here's another one:Doctor: Do you know your cholesterol level?You: I can assure you doctor it's fine at above 200 but under 300!Here's a web site of a doctor I love and get his regular news letter--- he's into vitamins, thinks drugs is BIG PHARMA but is not an exercise freak and won't chew you out if you had a few beers tonight! My kind of doctor! ---> http://www.thedouglassreport.com/