13 Verses About Prayer - Including Comments

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello you and welcome, - may God and the Lord Jesus Christ give you the increases to your faith and by the spirit in your life!

What is so important about prayer?

- Direct connection with a Loving God who hears us.

- When we meditate on His word, and Ask God to help us, and also helping others it helps to increases our love and also the spirit given to us by building up faith.

-God hears us, and loves to provide for us spiritually our needs to overcome whatever is tempting and having control in your life.

-This communication line is open to you 24/7, 365 days a year.

Also these scriptures are from (Youngs Literal Translation)

Will you please take a look at these 13 scriptures that hopefully will help you increase your trust and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and God.

Psalm 5 1 To the Overseer, `Concerning the Inheritances.' -- A Psalm of David. My sayings hear, O Jehovah, Consider my meditation.

2 Be attentive to the voice of my cry, My king and my God, For unto Thee I pray habitually.

3 Jehovah, [at] morning Thou hearest my voice, [At] morning I set in array for Thee, And I look out.
Read what is being said here: The writer is asking God to hear Him; Consider what is being mediated one; asking God to be attentive to the voice of his cry, and that He is praying habitually out of habit. He is saying God hears the prayers voice.

Psalm 55:
16 I -- to God I call, and Jehovah saveth me.

17 Evening, and morning, and noon, I meditate, and make a noise, and He heareth my voice,

Read what is being said here: The writer is saying -> To God He calls and Jehovah saves Him because of calling unto Him -> The writer is saying in the evening, morning, and noon -> He meditates on God, speaks -> God hears his voice.

Psalm 119:146 I have called Thee, save Thou me, And I do keep Thy testimonies.

147 I have gone forward in the dawn, and I cry, For Thy word I have hoped.

148 Mine eyes have gone before the watches, To meditate in Thy saying.

149 My voice hear, according to Thy kindness, Jehovah, according to Thy judgment quicken me.
Read what is being said here: The writer is expressing of keeping the testimonies, and that the writer has called upon God and God has saved Him. Hoping in trusting in the word of God. The writer is expressing meditation on what God has said. God hears prayer and responds in kindness, and the judgement quickens him.

Zechariah 8:21 Yea, gone have inhabitants of one To another, saying: We go diligently, To appease the face of Jehovah, To seek Jehovah of Hosts -- I go, even I.
Read what is being said here: They are always constantly and diligently seeking to appease the face of Jehovah, evening seeking Jehovah of hosts.

Luke 2:37 and she [is] a widow of about eighty-four years, who did depart not from the temple, with fasts and supplications serving, night and day,
Read what is being said here; A widow of about 84 years. Never departed the temple (never left faith) -> She had times of fasting, petitioning towards God, serving - night and day -> Prayer.

Acts 10: And there was a certain man in Cesarea, by name Cornelius, a centurion from a band called Italian, 2 pious, and fearing God with all his house, doing also many kind acts to the people, and beseeching God always,
Read what is being said here: A man, who feared God with all his house - because of this ; Also did he many kind acts to the people -> Asking of God always -> Prayer.

Acts 16:25 And at midnight Paul and Silas praying, were singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were hearing them,
Read what is being said here: At midnight (Paul and Silas) were praying, singing many hymns to God and the prisoners were listening.

1 Thessalonians 3:10 night and day exceedingly beseeching, that we might see your face, and perfect the things lacking in your faith.

11 And our God and Father Himself, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way unto you,

12 and you the Lord cause to increase and to abound in the love to one another, and to all, even as we also to you,

13 to the establishing your hearts blameless in sanctification before our God and Father, in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.
Read what is being said here: Night and day asking - praying -> to see the peoples face again -> and to help mature the things lacking in their faith (our faith). Asking that God and Father Himself -> And Our Lord Jesus Christ -> To direct them towards (the writer of 1 Thess -> who is writing to the Thessalonians).

They are asking God, and the Lord Jesus Christ to help incread and to abound in the love to one another, ( to all people), even as (the writer has done unto them) along with what Christ Jesus has done for all people as well.

So that their hearts maybe established and blameless in sanctification before our God and Father in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

1 Timothy 5:5 And she who is really a widow and desolate, hath hoped upon God, and doth remain in the supplications and in the prayers night and day,'
Read what is being said here: A woman who is really a widow and desolate ; has hope upon God and remains in supplications and in prayers night and day.

Reactions: Debp

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Wynona,

You are right! It is amazing, and awe-inspiring. God does really hears and listens to our prayers, though some may not be answered. You can always trust in Him to provide for us spiritually that a person who is a believer and been born again spiritually from above by God, have a direct connection in and through by the spirit of Christ/holy spirit through prayer!

How awesome it is to know in our lives by the spirit as believers they are given the abilities by God to have peace, joy, forbearance, kindness, gentleness, love, forgiveness, mercy, in this life, when they are renewed in their hearts and minds, by God Himself - as believers make the choice to learn and lean on God, denying ourselves and living towards God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thank you for your comment.

Reactions: amadeus and Wynona

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mt 6:9After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mt 6:10Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Mt 6:11Give us this day our daily bread.
Mt 6:12And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mt 6:13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Reactions: MatthewG