14 Scriptures dealing with Prayer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer is one of the most significant attributes you are given by God through Christ in the fundamental principle that you are able to go either verbally or using your own voice inside of your head to talk and communicate freely and openly to God.

You freely able to lift up people whom in their souls may be sick, those who many be physically ill to be made well, to help you yourself to have peace, and patience in going through a difficult time while you traverse in life, even if it is others who may be causing you distress.

Prayer is the very thing that is given to you, in which you can openly and freely talk to the LORD, asking for help spiritually and asking in Jesus name.

Here are some scriptures for you to consider, perhaps read them out loud to yourself and examine them as you go along.

One more side note is that people sometimes look at God and suggest He is gonna do what he will do and there is no reason to pray.

God will provide help to you, and supplement your spiritual need, and some things in life such as death as true as we must be, can not be stopped. However peace and rest for the soul (mind/will/emotion/heart) can be achieved by and through God in Christ Jesus our Lord and Master.

““Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:7-8‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“Keep watching and praying that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26:41‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“Now He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart,”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭18:1‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“In that day you will not question Me about anything. Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you. Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full.”
‭‭John‬ ‭16:23-24‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:18‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“pray without ceasing;”
‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:17‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“Is anyone among you suffering? Then he must pray. Is anyone cheerful? He is to sing praises.”
‭‭James‬ ‭5:13‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“Take words with you and return to the Lord. Say to Him, “Take away all iniquity And receive us graciously, That we may present the fruit of our lips.”
‭‭Hosea‬ ‭14:2‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭21:36‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬ (Dealing with the end of the Age in context still applicable for struggles of life that might cause you trouble)

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:6-7‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving;”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭4:2‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good verses Matthew. Prayer is so powerful yet, at times, with some of us anyhow...the fervency can elude us when needed most, in prayer.
God Bless brother!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your comment Nancy. My hope is that is encourages others. That is what I desire to do for others… there is so little encouragement sometimes I find in life dealing with God and the Lord Jesus Christ. My purpose really is to get people to think, and question what is they are going to decide to do.

God is good, and God desires for us to share with others and sometimes i see myself as with such little to offer people, because love is all I have to give and the biggest impact in my life has be Christ, and God.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your comment Nancy. My hope is that is encourages others. That is what I desire to do for others… there is so little encouragement sometimes I find in life dealing with God and the Lord Jesus Christ. My purpose really is to get people to think, and question what is they are going to decide to do.

God is good, and God desires for us to share with others and sometimes i see myself as with such little to offer people, because love is all I have to give and the biggest impact in my life has be Christ, and God.

Hi Matthew,
You have much to offer really, prayer, encouragement, knowledge of the true gospel and the true Christ, amen! And of course love. Which is something that can include pain, or chastisement much of the time :eek: yet...for our own good.

1 Tim 2:1
"2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;"

We have so many ways to pray. Prayers of thanksgiving, intercessions, supplications, praise! I do see how one can, if able, pray without ceasing. I think praying can be very difficult to approach properly at times, if it is seeming like a "chore", I say, don't bother. But there are those times, the times where you can connect with God in prayer that brings fervent tears! This is a place I think we would all love to stay...maybe some do as I believe it is a gift.
We have seen His answers to prayer...when He is ready to answer.

Prayer is powerful for sure!
Good post brother!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Matthew,
You have much to offer really, prayer, encouragement, knowledge of the true gospel and the true Christ, amen! And of course love. Which is something that can include pain, or chastisement much of the time :eek: yet...for our own good.

1 Tim 2:1
"2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;"

We have so many ways to pray. Prayers of thanksgiving, intercessions, supplications, praise! I do see how one can, if able, pray without ceasing. I think praying can be very difficult to approach properly at times, if it is seeming like a "chore", I say, don't bother. But there are those times, the times where you can connect with God in prayer that brings fervent tears! This is a place I think we would all love to stay...maybe some do as I believe it is a gift.
We have seen His answers to prayer...when He is ready to answer.

Prayer is powerful for sure!
Good post brother!

Thank you for your encouraging words Nancy! God bless my friend.

Reactions: Nancy