19 year old pre-school teacher shot dead by police.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Axehead

May 9, 2012
I'm not quite sure why this thread was locked as I was going to respond, but since it is locked I will start a new one, albeit a different episode.

Here is the one that was locked.
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/20862-us-police-shoot-dead-boy-12-holding-replica-gun/#entry240885

I found this one a bit startling, myself.

No Charges for Cop that killed a Pre-school teacher. The cop put his own life in jeopardy by jumping out in front of a car and then shot dead the driver because he was in fear for his life (being run over).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iiN3BeAk3A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RlKVdovi5U

Here is the vid, but the shooting was off camera. After, reviewing the vid, looks like the cop was on the side of the car so he shot at here while she was fleeing. He was right up to her driver's window so he could see very clearly who the driver was.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/charges-cop-killed-19-year-old-girl-fleeing-party/

They won't release the toxicology report or the autopsy report.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We need to think about what is going on here. You have a party where many underage young people have been drinking and are now fleeing because they do not want to be charged. There are much better ways of dealing with this incident without killing anyone. The Police officer should not have stood in the middle of the road expecting a drink/driver to react appropriately.

They could have just let them drive past when it was clear the driver was not going to stop and take down their plate or they could have easily placed their vehicle across the road to close the exit.

Killing a young person because they did not stop when asked to by an officer is ridiculous...It seems rather bizarre that officers are able to make life and death judgments over people's lives without any accountability :huh: JMHO

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
I'm not quite sure why this thread was locked as I was going to respond, but since it is locked I will start a new one, albeit a different episode.
Yes, the OP locked the thread, then admin re-opened it, posted, deleted my latest post, and then re-locked it.

So here we are again, with another obvious and tragic “abuse of authority” scenario. I would call it more “consequences” of aligning with Caesar -- a rendering unto Caesar what is Caesar’s.

When Hitler’s troops came to people’s houses in the middle of the night to take them off to camps, torture, and death, those troops did nothing illegal! The law in place allowed for that scenario. And Hitler did not seize power -- he was elected!

The fault does not lie with the police power. It lies with people’s failure to endorse and uphold Godly government. When a government is ungodly, and people trust in that government, then God will punish those who trust in that government and obey their laws (Jer. 15:4, 46:25, 2 Kin 21:11-12, Isa 9:16, Eze 11:10-12, Mic 6:13, 16).

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes, the OP locked the thread, then admin re-opened it, posted, deleted my latest post, and then re-locked it.

So here we are again, with another obvious and tragic “abuse of authority” scenario. I would call it more “consequences” of aligning with Caesar -- a rendering unto Caesar what is Caesar’s
As you already know S4C, the other topic was locked because you took it off topic by insisting on discussing your pet subject the "NWO". I deleted your "off topic" posts.... HS is the owner of this forum and has the right to add anything he feels relates to any topic at any time...even if it is locked. :)

PS: Please keep your posts "on topic" or you could incur a warning point. Thank you!

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
As you already know S4C, the other topic was locked because you took it off topic by insisting on discussing your pet subject the "NWO". I deleted your "off topic" posts.... HS is the owner of this forum and has the right to add anything he feels relates to any topic at any time...even if it is locked. :)
As you already know, Angelina," I agreed to accept HS's actions when I voluntarily chose to participate in HS's website -- however unfair or otherwise I may find them. And that is the whole point: What further injustices need to occur before people wake up and begin dealing with the monster they have allowed into their lives i.e. ungodly authority. You like to call it "the NWO" -- so be it.

PS: Please keep your posts "on topic" or you could incur a warning point. Thank you!
This is the Currents Events and Political Christian Forum. While the actions of the cop with the gun is what we love to bemoan, we cannot hope to find an effective solution until we have first addressed the problem.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
As you already know, Angelina," I agreed to accept HS's actions when I voluntarily chose to participate in HS's website -- however unfair or otherwise I may find them.
Then why are you whining about it now... ;)

however unfair or otherwise I may find them....And that is the whole point: What further injustices need to occur before people wake up...
Further injustices S4C???... :huh: where was the first injustice? or are you referring to your "off topic posts". If you wish to discuss a topic on the "NWO" [and no-one is stopping you] please start one in the appropriate forum thanks!

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
Then why are you whining about it now...
Please show us where the supposed “whine” is. It is clear I merely answered the posted question (re: the OP’s “I'm not quite sure why this thread was locked as I was going to respond”) with the unbiased facts of the matter and nothing more.

Conversely, what has since followed might qualify as a “whine,” ala:

We need to think about what is going on here....There are much better ways of dealing with this incident without killing anyone. The Police officer should not have...

They could have...or they could have...

Killing a young person because they did not stop when asked to by an officer is ridiculous...It seems rather bizarre that officers are able to make life and death judgments over people's lives without any accountability.
In any case, one point is beyond dispute: We certainly do “need to think about what’s going on here.”

Further injustices S4C???... where was the first injustice?
According to the OP, and to you, and I would agree, it was the incident of the “Cop that killed a Pre-school teacher.” (Or was it, police who are “shooting kids who even look like they could be a threat”?)

It would be more profitable to address the problem, rather than condemn the debris of it.

...or are you referring to your "off topic posts".
That’s your characterization -- not mine.

If you wish to discuss a topic on the "NWO" [and no-one is stopping you] please start one in the appropriate forum thanks!
Thanks, but I'll stick with this topic for now.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
sojourner4Christ said:

The fault does not lie with the police power. It lies with people’s failure to endorse and uphold Godly government. When a government is ungodly, and people trust in that government, then God will punish those who trust in that government and obey their laws (Jer. 15:4, 46:25, 2 Kin 21:11-12, Isa 9:16, Eze 11:10-12, Mic 6:13, 16).
Would you say "trusting in government" and "rendering to Caesar" are two different things? I would. One is idolatry and the other is obedience to the Lord. You can render to Caesar without trusting in government. Frankly, What is trustworthy about any government? Only the Lord is faithful and righteous. He is without "variableness or shadow of turning", as James says.

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
Would you say "trusting in government" and "rendering to Caesar" are two different things? I would. One is idolatry and the other is obedience to the Lord.
Obviously, the phrase “trusting in government” per se is ambiguous. Nonetheless, virtually everyone now reading this is blinded to the existence of two masters vying for his obeisance, even as he has pledged his allegiance (often literally) to the God-less Caesarian state.

You can render to Caesar without trusting in government.
If you have contracted with Caesar, then there will be a “due,” a “rendering unto,” Caesar. And Caesar en-forces his contracts, as there is no love in his camp (witness the OP).

Frankly, What is trustworthy about any government?
Indeed. Scripture tells us many times to trust no man. We should not trust any man including ourselves. The Bible says, "Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide: keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom" (Micah 7:5). It also says "Take ye heed every one of his neighbour, and trust ye not in any brother: for every brother will utterly supplant, and every neighbour will walk with slanders" (Jeremiah 9:4), "He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered" (Proverbs 28:26), "But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead" (2 Corinthians 1:9), "Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? if any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's" (2 Corinthians 10:7), "Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD" (Jeremiah 17:5), and finally, "Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit." (Jeremiah 7:8)

Only the Lord is faithful and righteous. He is without "variableness or shadow of turning", as James says.
So why do people disobey the King’s word, enter into contracts with Caesar (i.e. the ungodly, the heathen), and then cry “foul!” when Caesar en-forces his contracts with them (again, witness the OP)?

Axehead

May 9, 2012
sojourner4Christ said:
Obviously, the phrase “trusting in government” per se is ambiguous. Nonetheless, virtually everyone now reading this is blinded to the existence of two masters vying for his obeisance, even as he has pledged his allegiance (often literally) to the God-less Caesarian state.

If you have contracted with Caesar, then there will be a “due,” a “rendering unto,” Caesar. And Caesar en-forces his contracts, as there is no love in his camp (witness the OP).

Indeed. Scripture tells us many times to trust no man. We should not trust any man including ourselves. The Bible says, "Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide: keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom" (Micah 7:5). It also says "Take ye heed every one of his neighbour, and trust ye not in any brother: for every brother will utterly supplant, and every neighbour will walk with slanders" (Jeremiah 9:4), "He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered" (Proverbs 28:26), "But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead" (2 Corinthians 1:9), "Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? if any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's" (2 Corinthians 10:7), "Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD" (Jeremiah 17:5), and finally, "Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit." (Jeremiah 7:8)

So why do people disobey the King’s word, enter into contracts with Caesar (i.e. the ungodly, the heathen), and then cry “foul!” when Caesar en-forces his contracts with them (again, witness the OP)?
You are correct. If you enter into contract with Caesar then don't complain when Caesar enforces the contract. The thing is, that most people don't know when they are entering into contract and then are shocked and surprised with the ensuing contract enforcement.

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
You are correct. If you enter into contract with Caesar then don't complain when Caesar enforces the contract. The thing is, that most people don't know when they are entering into contract and then are shocked and surprised with the ensuing contract enforcement.
Indeed. We are wtinessing God's people being destroyed before our very eyes (witness the OP). In the main, the police power did nothing illegal in shooting that woman. Yet no one would willingly sign on to an "authority" program that leads to such bondage and death, so deception must necessarily be employed. But we are without excuse, as Jesus did warn us, repeatedly, that these times would be marked by deception. The onus of due diligence is on us.

So, how many truly want to get set free? How many are willing to put their TV remote, creamed coffee and debt/mortgages on the altar before the Living God against the opportunity to walk in true liberty? Answer: Only a remnant i.e. a miniscule number. And stats would indicate there are no more born again believers here than in the world at large.

And so we continue in the self-imposed bondage, falsely believing we are free, subjecting ourselves to the relentless fearmongering of the ungodly media, whining about unjust ungodly actions of the world's police power - to whom we have submited.

Just don't tell me that the State's police power who killed that pre-school teacher was a Godly authority, and/or that I am obligated to obey it.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That's the point...it's not Godly authority we are addressing here. What we are seeing is a use of force not consistent with the law that exists to protect it's citizens. This use of force is something that is more in line with an enemy of the country ergo - Internal affairs dealing with terrorists. What I am witnessing is more like Interpol rather than your friendly community Bobby on the street. I think that those days are long gone in the US. However, as Christians, we are still subject to the ruling authorities...

Shalom ;)

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
That's the point...it's not Godly authority we are addressing here.
Indeed, it is not Godly authority. That’s the first hurdle we need to clear (even as there are many here who would still say that such is representative of “Godly authority”).

Do we continue giving life to that dead thing?

What we are seeing is a use of force not consistent with the law that exists to protect it's citizens.
There is no legal duty for the police “to protect its citizens.”

The following will surprise most, because it runs counter to the conditioning we have all been subjected to, 24/7:

“No, the police don’t work for you.

Police have no constitutional duty to protect private persons from third parties. Police have no enforceable duty to protect persons and property, even those to whom they have made explicit promises of individual protection. In fact, citizens are expected to protect the police – and some have found themselves being sued by officers who accused them of failing to provide that protection.

When a disgusted citizen tells an abusive police officer that he pays the officer’s salary, the victim is committing a category error. Those of us who constitute the productive sector don’t pay the police; they are paid by the people who plunder our property at gunpoint. Once it is understood that police are employed by the people who commit aggression against our property, we shouldn’t be surprised that police are of practically no value in terms of protecting property against criminal aggression. Police are properly seen as retail-level distributors of violence on behalf of the coercion cartel.

Law enforcement is a “product” we are forced to buy, and severely punished — through summary application of torture, or even by death — if we refuse. Since law enforcement operates as a monopoly, rather than through the market, there is no legitimate pricing mechanism to guide rational allocation of resources, and no way to measure “customer” satisfaction — although using the term “customer” in this context is a bit like using the term “girlfriend” to describe a rape victim.

Indeed, the institutional response of law enforcement to public dissatisfaction is to expand and escalate the behavior that inspired the discontent, and treat persistent criticism as evidence of criminal intent. Witness recent developments in Albuquerque, where outrage over serial police homicides — including the death squad-style murder last March of James Boyd, an unarmed homeless man — generated a substantial organized protest movement.”

For those who want the documentation and further details, have a sober yet interesting read of the entire article here.

This use of force is something that is more in line with an enemy of the country ergo - Internal affairs dealing with terrorists.
Again, most are not aware that YOU, the citizen, has been LEGALLY declared the “enemy of the country” in order that they may proceed against you. (Watch the predictive programming movie, “Enemy of the State.”) These clowns always operate under the color of law. They must have a warrant in law to do what they intend to do e.g. they always tell you what they’re going to do albeit on page 49 of the Sunday News in the lower left corner -- so they can say they told you. The onus is still on us, the fault will be on us, for failure to perform due diligence, blindly following, instead, the traditions of men ala “The police must protect me” lie.

What I am witnessing is more like Interpol rather than your friendly community Bobby on the street.
Absolutely. And it is going to get worse -- much worse, as the sheepskin slips and the wolf is more fully revealed.

And we know how The Book ends. The main culprit wants to be like the most High and, in the end game, even turns on all those who promoted him along the way.

I think that those days are long gone in the US.
The USA has been the lead nation in that area, from the onset. The USA’s is an Israeli-trained police force. It’s not by coincidence, but by intelligent design. Yet it is no worse than, say, Uganda, where children are nailed to trees for professing Christ.

However, as Christians, we are still subject to the ruling authorities...
Now this is where the rubber meets the road. This is the true “point” of the thread, and one that we need to get right, or suffer even more than what we see happening currently.

The proper phrasing of the above quote is: “However, as Christians, we are still subject to the authority to which we have submitted.” This implies that YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE.

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? Romans 6:16

Now, before we get into more specifics, I will give you, Angelina, a personal illustration, since we are both at New Zealand presently.

I have three offspring, all home-birthed and “unpapered” (i.e. no birth cert’s or passports). Two were born at America and one was born at New Zealand. NONE of them are citizens of any country; they are sovereign. At New Zealand, Caesar would require his subjects to register with him. This is why CPS can legally force into your home and take your children at gunpoint, while you roll around on the floor screaming about your so-called rights. This CPS can do, legally, IF you went to Caesar in the first instance to obtain legal permission (i.e. a marriage license) to do what God has already said is Lawful to do i.e. procreate. Since you submitted to Caesar in the first instance, Caesar would presume ownership over the product of your union with your hubby i.e. your as-yet unborn children!

CPS cannot enter my home without my permission. CPS cannot touch my children without my permission. And they know it. And they must respect the law or be liable for prosecution. Why is my situation different that virtually all other Kiwi families? ...because I do not look to Caesar for the authority to do the things that I do. I serve a different Master, thus I am “foreign” to their jurisdiction.

You, no doubt, do not realize that you actually do have a choice as to which master you submit. Being born at a given country does not automatically make you a citizen of that country. There are certain requirements that must be meet before “citizenship” with the forum State (and its benefits) can be claimed. However, all Caesarian benefits come with attached duties. It’s those duties that the police power does not volunteer to reveal to its citizens (because people invariably balk at the duties). Back to performing due diligence.

At the end of the day, the belief that we are to ‘obey all authorities because God put them there’ is a gross misinterpretation of a beautiful chapter (Romans 13) on the sovereignty of Christ and Godly authority. And that false belief is why we will continue to suffer increasingly gross injustices (witness the OP) at the hands of the ungodly authority to which we have erroneously yet voluntarily submited, preceding the return of the King of glory.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
“However, as Christians, we are still subject to the authority to which we have submitted.” This implies that YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE.
That is incorrect. - We are still subject to the present ruling authorities because all authority is given by God. Even those who abuse that authority. As Christians we may not agree with such authority but God removes these powers of darkness when he chooses to do so. Our first commitment is always going to be obedience toward God. The implication is focused toward our obedience in relation to his word and not our own personal desires for freedom through rebellion.

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
That is incorrect. - We are still subject to the present ruling authorities because all authority is given by God. Even those who abuse that authority. As Christians we may not agree with such authority but God removes these powers of darkness when he chooses to do so. Our first commitment is always going to be obedience toward God. The implication is focused toward our obedience in relation to his word and not our own personal desires for freedom through rebellion.
That is incorrect.

God never commanded people to obey the kings of Israel when those kings turned their backs on him. Our Father put those people into captivity for their disobedience towards him! And he does the same today. The Nazi's at Nuremberg said, "Well, I was just doing my job. I was obeying the government." It's an error to believe that whatever the State says is okay "because it's ordained of God." For those who are true followers of Christ Jesus, the government is on his shoulders (Isaiah 9:6), He is the King of kings, and the government is the Kingdom of God. It's a government of peace and the only government that will not end:

Isaiah 9:7, "Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end,"

All man-made governments come to an end, so they are obviously not the "higher power." We have to obey the government that's always been here and always will be here.

In reply to the blind opinion that all kings, princes, and governments are set up and "ordained" by God, we will quote the following passage, which is spoken into the ears of Hosea by God Almighty himself. We pray that those who have eyes to see and ears to hear will no longer engage in such opinions:

Hosea 8:4, "They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not."

Also,

Psalms 2:1-3, "Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us."

There's no Godly ordination there.

When Haman the wicked was promoted to the highest position in Persia, and second only to the king, the book of Esther tells us "Ahasuerus....set his seat above all the princes that were with him" (Esther 3:1). The scriptures go on to say that "all the king's servants....bowed, and reverenced Haman: for the king had so commanded him" (Esther 3:2).

Yet we see the Jewish Mordecai, who is clearly an instrument for good in the tale, refuses to bow or revere Haman in any way. This action comes into direct conflict with what is commonly taught in corporate churches throughout the land, a popular teaching which is usually based on a misread of Romans 13.

That passage flatly states that we are to obey "the higher powers" because these "powers" are all "ordained of God" (Romans 13:1). We further see the passage says anyone that "resisteth" is going to "receive to themselves damnation" (Romans 13:2).

Since Mordecai, and subsequently Queen Esther, are both going to resist the evil plot of Haman, who clearly has the legal authority to commit the heinous crime of genocide, if we listen to the obey all things government mindset, we would have to conclude Mordecai and Esther are damned. It is self evident that this is not the case; and because the "scripture cannot be broken" (so said Jesus Christ in John 10:35), the inconsistency must be in our interpretation.

Consider the similar example of Shadrach, Meschach, and Abed-nego who refused to bow to the image constructed by Nebuchadnezzar. What about Daniel, who was thrown in the lion's den, for refusing to obey the ill advised law of Darius forbidding worship of any God for a month? How about Peter who, in direct coordination with an angel, staged a jailbreak?

Most "Christians" would say it was acceptable for the late Corrie Ten-Boom, a great Christian woman, to disobey the government edict instructing them it was against the law to hide Jews from the Nazis, which she and her family did most heroically. Ironically, those that say it's acceptable to break the law when it involves the Jews are largely dispensational, and believe the Jewish people are still the "chosen" people -- which they are not.

Conversely, those same "Christians" will tell you it's not all right for the Christians to disobey unholy edicts -- unless it involves Jews! This incredible state of scriptural misalignment demonstrates why the world is headed for devastation. The issue really has to do with jurisdiction, authority, and spiritual lineage.

In a widely misunderstood verse, Jesus encountered those that received the tribute money. The tax collectors asked Peter if Jesus was going to pay them tribute money (taxes). Peter was about to pay them when Jesus stopped him. Jesus said "What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free." (Matthew 17:25,26)

As Christians, we are the children of the great God in heaven, so that "now are we the sons of God" (I John 3:2). We are not children of "Caesar" (read Ahasuerus in the Persian example) and are only subject to him insomuch as "he is the minister of God to thee for good" (Romans 13:4).

Mordecai understood that authority is only valid to the degree that it comes from the LORD. When the evil are placed in a position of authority, the children of the king are to "resist the devil, and he shall flee from you" (James 4:7). We would do well to learn from the wonderful example set for us in the book of Esther.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Do what you will but let me just remind you that obedience is not without sacrifice. We trust God with our lives because he is the author of life. When he chooses to remove those who have abused their position, it will be in his timing and according to his will.

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
Do what you will but let me just remind you that obedience is not without sacrifice.
1 Sam 15:22, "Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams."

The murder of a pre-school teacher at the hands of ungodly authority is not God’s idea of a lawful “sacrifice.” Rather, it’s a perfect example of a “sin unto death” - Romans 6:16. We need to listen to the King, and obey him.

We trust God with our lives because he is the author of life.
But we don't trust God -- we trust Caesar, believing he is ordained of God. That belief is in grave error. Caesar, like all governments of men, is God's rod of correction to drive you back to God. And right now, we are reaping the tragic consequences of trying to serve two masters (witness the OP).

Romans 13:3, "rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil." What that cop did re: the OP was evil -- the exact opposite of what constitutes Godly government. And the authority that the majority have submitted themselves to, allowed these turkeys into those positions.

When he chooses to remove those who have abused their position, it will be in his timing and according to his will.
"Abused their position"? They have no Godly position -- never did. Like the Holy Bible says, they “set themselves.” They offer you deceptive benefits packages, and so you go ahead and buy into it and strike hands with these heathen (that's disobedience) and then cry when their "duty" hammer comes down.

It truly breaks my heart -- sometimes it's too much to bear -- to see God's people being destroyed for lack of knowledge. Current Events forums are full of fearmomgering posts like the OP, and they always cry out for justice, but none will be forthcoming because virtually no one is willing to do what it takes to be in obedience to the King.

So now the so-called Christians are vacillating in a holding pattern, trying to hold out before they too lose their very lives, twisting scripture to justify their selfishness while living thei remaining time in fear. Yet, there is always hope. God always makes a way where there seems to be no way. It is the essence of faith. Trust him, seek him out, and he will guide your path.

With OP's like this, what's to discuss -- other than to commiserate about the pickle we're in? Well, yes, there is hope -- IF we REPENT, God will restore, and he will heal our land. That’s all it would take. Let’s say, the people at USA or Kiwiland take one day off, just one day, from the president/”prime minister” all the way down to the street sweeper, we all agree to take just one day off and repent. How likely do you think that is gonna happen? Well, then, you’d better prepare for the coming persecution, because, as we’ve seen with the OP, it is even at the door.

Make no mistake, God’s judgment is about to fall on the children of disobedience. Do not be found among them.

If your reaction to being told that there are faults in Caesar's statutes is to rush to defend them, it is because you cannot envision life without them. This is normal for someone who can only see one kingdom: the kingdom of this world. Yet this world is passing away, as are our own bodies. There is only one thing in life more certain than Caesar's taxes. So we are really here as a test of whether we can “see” and then choose those things that have eternal value. Are our energies devoted to laying up earthly treasures, or treasures in heaven? Are we slaves devoted to building the kingdom of this world, or are we seeking first the kingdom of God? We cannot even know where to begin unless we can see God's kingdom, which is the true meaning of being born again.

God in his sovereignty has provided the perfect means of testing whether we can make the distinction between the two kingdoms. Caesar has usurped God's authority, but his kingdom is built entirely with our consent and by using legal fictions. His authority over us is imaginary. We do not have to render ourselves to him unless we believe that we belong to him. Most people believe with all their heart that they do, for they cannot see the alternative. But if you know that you belong to God, along with your labor, your family, and everything else you have, then you will already have a deep-seated unease with the multitude of demands Caesar makes on you.

If this is the case, then make a list of those things that rightly belong to God but you have in ignorance given to Caesar. Then develop a plan of action for returning them to their rightful owner. This is not easy, but it is necessary. You will need to learn much more about God's Law so that you can discern what true obedience requires of you. If you trust the State to provide for your needs rather than trusting God, it should be clear which master you are serving. As no man can serve two masters, you have a choice to make. Scripture is clear that obedience to God comes at a price, and we must first count the cost. But once you can see the eternal kingdom, you will realize that any price is worth it.

Matthew 13:44, "The kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.”

Anyone who engages in commerce (profiteering; pursuit of mammon) comes under Caesar's jurisdiction (“Caesar” = ungodly government). The merchants, the rich men of the earth, the great men of the earth, are identified with the ungodly authority:

Again, “The kings set themselves, and the rulers take counsel against the Lord and his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us” (Psalm 2:2, 3).

and

“Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.... Lord, behold their threatenings...” (Acts 4:25, 26, 29).

“Israel hath cast off the thing that is good: the enemy shall pursue him. They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off” (Hosea 8:3, 4).

Yet, many stumble with the reality that there is a counterfeit “authority” seeking our obeisance. Satan said, “I will be like the most High” (Isaiah 14:14).

It is Satan’s “higher power” that is behind the merchants, the rich men of the earth, the present temporal “governing authorities” who murdered that pre-school teacher.

Satan is “the god of this world” (II Corinthians 4:4), “this present evil world” (Galatians 1:4); there is no Godly ordination there.

We have a choice as to which purported authority we submit to and therefore “serve.” God’s authority is above all the “government institutions” of men.

Why does God “allow” ungodly “governments?” What is the purpose of man's law? It is God's rod of correction. God uses man's law to chasten his people. God uses heathens to chasten his people.

We are to place ourselves under God's jurisdiction, living in God's kingdom. And we're not going to be perfect, we may fall and do wrong, but we are to check everything that we're doing. And if we do something that's against God's Word, we repent immediately to renew our mind. That's how we renew our mind, by repenting to the King and saying, "I'm sorry. I did not want to do that. It's a habit, it's the way that I learned in the world. Help break me of that." And he does help us if our heart is truly after Him. And if you don't repent, he has the natural man right there as a rod of correction for you, and that's what man's codes, rules and regulations and police power are all about.

If we be without chastisement, we would not be his sons. But he loves us, so God uses a rod of correction to wake the sleeping disciple and get him back on course.

Proverbs 22:15, "Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."

Proverbs 23:13, "Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die."

As per the OP, the time for the rod of correction would be passed. The time for repentance and restoration is now.

Thus were they defiled with their own works, and went a whoring with their own inventions. Therefore was the wrath of the LORD kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance. And he gave them into the hand of the heathen; and they that hated them ruled over them. Their enemies also oppressed them, and they were brought into subjection under their hand. Many times did he deliver them; but they provoked him with their counsel, and were brought low for their iniquity. Nevertheless he regarded their affliction, when he heard their cry: And he remembered for them his covenant, and repented according to the multitude of his mercies. He made them also to be pitied of all those that carried them captives. Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from among the heathen, to give thanks unto thy holy name, and to triumph in thy praise. Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the LORD.

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Do you believe that we are the midst of unveiling prophecy?

2 Peter 2
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly; 7 and delivered righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked 8 (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)— 9 then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries, 11 whereas angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a reviling accusation against them before the Lord.

How does a believer conduct themselves in the midst of unveiling prophecy? :huh: by placing their faith and trust in God and not on their own abilities. That's how. We do not have to battle. The battle belongs to the Lord.

sojourner4Christ

sojourning non-citizen
May 23, 2014
Do you believe that we are the midst of unveiling prophecy?
We have always been.

We do not have to battle. The battle belongs to the Lord.
Know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:4, 7.

For those who do not resist, the battle has already been decided.