1st Post

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Hello my name is Mr. Burns, I believe you have a letter for me"

Ok Mr. Burns, what is your last name?

" I..... Don't know???"

(I didn't know what to post)
Welcome to the forum! Be blessed of God as you read through what is posted here! Don't want to be blessed or don't believe that it can happen? I believe that you are missing something important.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

" I..... Don't know???"

Hello Mr. Burns, lol...welcome to the board :D
We love our brothers and sisters here! Well, most do anyhow, I think :D
God bless,
nancy

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

" I..... Don't know???"

Hello, Mr. Burns. I am Mr. Coates. Glad to make your acquaintance! :)
Welcome to the I.C.U. - Intangible Congregation Universal

Reactions: dev553344

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Welcome to the forum! Be blessed of God as you read through what is posted here! Don't want to be blessed or don't believe that it can happen? I believe that you are missing something important.
What do you mean to be blessed ? (Reading through Christianity Boards post's)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean to be blessed ? (Reading through Christianity Boards post's)
I mean what God means by it... something 'good' for us. Since God alone is good, as I understand it, that means Him putting a bit of Himself or from Himself on you.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

" I..... Don't know???"

Thanks for the giggles you gave me Mr Burns. Welcome to the forums. :)

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I understand it to mean something like trying to catch the wind, something real but hard to put your finger on. Like love.
Talking about love, it seems to be a one size fits all word for everything I find pleasing to my taste. Do you find that true for yourself?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Talking about love, it seems to be a one size fits all word for everything I find pleasing to my taste. Do you find that true for yourself?
Love is wanting what is good for someone. Evil loves evil and Good loves good. What is good to make things good. Love is desiring the good for someone if you love good. Evil is another issue.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
il_570xN.1310134514_1hbf.jpg

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Love is wanting what is good for someone. Evil loves evil and Good loves good. What is good to make things good. Love is desiring the good for someone if you love good. Evil is another issue.
How do you know what is good for someone?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is the standard. We all fall short...but we shouldn't use that as an excuse.

Reactions: amadeus

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know what is good for someone?
The bible teaches us the difference between good and evil. So I stick with bible teachings like feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, visiting the sick and in prison (although I don't actually visit prisons). Good is also teaching people about God and that he loves us and will resurrect us, some to everlasting shame and others to everlasting life. We hope in the resurrection and to live with God someday and feel the fruits of his holy spirit, which are all the fruits of what is good:

Galatians 5:22-23 KJV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read that before, pondering how much Christian's really take those directions to heart.
How many of us have already overcome all of the obstacles hindering our walk with God toward the Light?

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Rom 3:23

Our standard should be Jesus rather than all of the people around proclaiming their Christianity!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many of us have already overcome all of the obstacles hindering our walk with God toward the Light?

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Rom 3:23

Our standard should be Jesus rather than all of the people around proclaiming their Christianity!
Ponder on this my friend . How can a man even walk , LEST HE HAS THE LIGHT BY WHICH TO SEE THE PATH .
LET THE KING BE PRAISED . JESUS TRULY IS OUR ALL . HE TRULY IS OUR ONLY HOPE . HE TRULY IS OUR ONLY SALVATION .
Dont let the big words scare you my friend . I write big when i am excited with JOY TO THE LORD as well as i do when i warn at times .
All i have to say is , WE are the pots , our LORD the potter . IN HIS HANDS WE HAVE ALL HOPE and shall be formed up as we ought too .
But if the pot decides to roll into the hands of another , Yeah woe to that pot i say , cause the hands of the men that formed them up
CANT SAVE SQUAT , cant change nor form it . ONLY GOD CAN . SO the solution is , RUN if you can , walk if you are unable to run
even crawl if you cannot walk , BUT COME TO JESUS . ITS JESUS WHO SHALL GET THE GLORY on this lambs watch .
AS i am sure you fully agree my friend . JESUS IS THE TREASURE and the savoir of our soul . IN HE ALONE IS OUR SALVATION
and IN HE ALONE IS OUR HOPE . SO , yeah , ITS TIME TO PRAISE THE LORD AGAIN MY FRIEND . YES IT IS .

Reactions: amadeus