2 CORINTHIANS 3:6 ABLE MINISTERS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

Paul was made an able minister of the new testament. Paul did not minister the old letter of the law, he ministered the spirit.

The new testament should be viewed as being distinct from the old and new covenants. A covenant is an agreement between two parties. A testament is a bequest made by only one party on behalf of an other or others. A testament is not in force until the death of the testator, the one who makes a will or legacy.

The new covenant was made only with the house of Israel and Judah (Jeremiah 31:31). The new covenant promised Israel and Judah that God will, by His Spirit, write His law in their hearts; by His Spirit, enable them to keep His law, and be a light to the Gentiles (Jeremiah 31:31-34 Ezekiel 36:24-28 Matthew 5:14 Isaiah 60:3). The new covenant will be fulfilled in the future.

The new testament is given to Israel as well. Jesus died and shed his blood to redeem Israel; for the redemption of their transgressions that were under the first testament (Hebrews 9:15-18 Matthew 26:28 Mark 14:24). The new testament was put into force upon his death (Hebrews 9:17), while the new covenant has yet to be fulfilled.

Paul is a minister of the spirit; a minister of the new testament, not the new covenant. Paul expounds the spiritual blessings, the spititual benefits, of the new testament, given to the body of Christ; the blessings and eternal salvation, which are bestowed, by the cross of Christ. The new testament blood of Christ, has also been applied to His body, the church (Romans 3:25 Romans 4:25 Romans 8:16 1 Corinthians 2:12 1 Corinthians 12:13 Philippians 3:3).

That Jesus would die for the sins of Israel was in prophecy (Mark 8:31 Mark 9:31 Isaiah 53 Psalm 16:10); that his death and shed blood would also be applied to Gentiles and the body of Christ was kept secret until revealed to Paul (1 Corinthians 15:3-4 Ephesians 3:2-6).

Paul is also an able minister to the Jews. Paul details that God will keep His covenant with the Jews; God has not cast away Israel (Romans 11:2 Romans 11:27).

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

Paul was made an able minister of the new testament. Paul did not minister the old letter of the law, he ministered the spirit.

The new testament should be viewed as being distinct from the old and new covenants. A covenant is an agreement between two parties. A testament is a bequest made by only one party on behalf of an other or others. A testament is not in force until the death of the testator, the one who makes a will or legacy.

The new covenant was made only with the house of Israel and Judah (Jeremiah 31:31). The new covenant promised Israel and Judah that God will, by His Spirit, write His law in their hearts; by His Spirit, enable them to keep His law, and be a light to the Gentiles (Jeremiah 31:31-34 Ezekiel 36:24-28 Matthew 5:14 Isaiah 60:3). The new covenant will be fulfilled in the future.

The new testament is given to Israel as well. Jesus died and shed his blood to redeem Israel; for the redemption of their transgressions that were under the first testament (Hebrews 9:15-18 Matthew 26:28 Mark 14:24). The new testament was put into force upon his death (Hebrews 9:17), while the new covenant has yet to be fulfilled.

Paul is a minister of the spirit; a minister of the new testament, not the new covenant. Paul expounds the spiritual blessings, the spititual benefits, of the new testament, given to the body of Christ; the blessings and eternal salvation, which are bestowed, by the cross of Christ. The new testament blood of Christ, has also been applied to His body, the church (Romans 3:25 Romans 4:25 Romans 8:16 1 Corinthians 2:12 1 Corinthians 12:13 Philippians 3:3).

That Jesus would die for the sins of Israel was in prophecy (Mark 8:31 Mark 9:31 Isaiah 53 Psalm 16:10); that his death and shed blood would also be applied to Gentiles and the body of Christ was kept secret until revealed to Paul (1 Corinthians 15:3-4 Ephesians 3:2-6).

Paul is also an able minister to the Jews. Paul details that God will keep His covenant with the Jews; God has not cast away Israel (Romans 11:2 Romans 11:27).
Why do you persist in your obvious conjecture, insisting that Jesus has not finished what He Himself has said He has? Why should you be destroyed for lack of knowledge?

By doing so, you preach another gospel, which is anti-Christ.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you persist in your obvious conjecture, insisting that Jesus has not finished what He Himself has said He has? Why should you be destroyed for lack of knowledge?

By doing so, you preach another gospel, which is anti-Christ.

Would you care to refute by scripture what I have written. Exactly where did I not support with scripture what I have said.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In both the Old and New Covenants, blood was shed in order to ratify the covenant.
Yes they are closely related, but there is a requirement for death in a testament Hebrews 9:15-17

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you care to refute by scripture what I have written. Exactly where did I not support with scripture what I have said.
Below you say "The new covenant was made only with the house of Israel and Judah", then you said, "The new covenant will be fulfilled in the future", and again "the new covenant has yet to be fulfilled."

But Christ, having come for the house of Israel, said, "It is finished."

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Says the person who will not confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7.

Matthew 7:1-6
Are you mentally challenged? Shall I report you for again lying and saying something that I did not say, but in fact said the opposite many times?

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Below you you say "The new covenant was made only with the house of Israel and Judah", then you said, "The new covenant will be fulfilled in the future", and again "the new covenant has yet to be fulfilled."

But Christ, having come for the house of Israel, said, "It is finished."

The new covenant was indeed made with the house of Israel and Judah, not because I say but Jeremiah 31:31 says it.
The new covenant has yet to be fulfilled because Ezekiel 36:24-28 has not been fulfilled yet.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new covenant was indeed made with the house of Israel and Judah, not because I say but Jeremiah 31:31 says it.
The new covenant has yet to be fulfilled because Ezekiel 36:24-28 has not been fulfilled yet.
And that is the problem.
That means you do not accredit Christ for having come for the house of Israel and finishing it...just as He said.
That is against (anti) Christ.

I take that to mean that you do not know just how Jesus finished the prophecies of Ezekiel...so you simply deny it. Again, that is against Christ.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you mentally challenged? Shall I report you for again lying and saying something that I did not say, but in fact said the opposite many times?
So, you confess that Jesus Christ is a Man sitting on the right hand of the throne of God?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you confess that Jesus Christ is a Man sitting on the right hand of the throne of God?
I'm not doing this again. I am not answering to a liar. I already have.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not doing this again. I am not answering to a liar. I already have.
I am not going to do it again, either.

Fact is, I'm not lying.

satan is the accuser of the brethren.

God knows that you are accusing me of being a liar when it is clear that I am telling the truth.

If you are not going to do this again, then leave it alone.

Because your only defense is to call me a liar.

But I have shown in another thread that I am not lying in this.

In calling me a liar, you are attempting to condemn my soul; for scripture is clear (Revelation 21:8) that all liars shall have their part in the lake of fire.

This is what the scripture says:

Luk 6:37, Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

I have said that you do not confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh; and I define this as Jesus being a Man sitting on the right hand of the throne of God.

If by this definition, you do indeed confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, then come right out and say it.

Otherwise, your claim that I am lying is unfounded in reality.

Therefore in calling me a liar, you are lying.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is the problem.
That means you do not accredit Christ for having come for the house of Israel and finishing it...just as He said.
That is against (anti) Christ.

I take that to mean that you do not know just how Jesus finished the prophecies of Ezekiel...so you simply deny it. Again, that is against Christ.

When Christ said it is finished some verses to consider are:

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 19:28 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.

19:29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.

19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not going to do it again, either.

Fact is, I'm not lying.

satan is the accuser of the brethren.

God knows that you are accusing me of being a liar when it is clear that I am telling the truth.

If you are not going to do this again, then leave it alone.

Because your only defense is to call me a liar.

But I have shown in another thread that I am not lying in this.

In calling me a liar, you are attempting to condemn my soul; for scripture is clear (Revelation 21:8) that all liars shall have their part in the lake of fire.

This is what the scripture says:

Luk 6:37, Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

I have said that you do not confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh; and I define this as Jesus being a Man sitting on the right hand of the throne of God.

If by this definition, you do indeed confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, then come right out and say it.

Otherwise, your claim that I am lying is unfounded in reality.

Therefore in calling me a liar, you are lying.
You condemn yourself.

Your definition is in error, and you are blind to the fact that I have confessed the truth of Jesus Christ countless times in general and also to you specifically. Therefore, I have determined that you are the liar that you continually prove to be.

The matter is in the Lord's hands. But between you and me, I will not let you address me personally making false accusations, without an honest response: You are a liar and an accuser, and you have twisted the scriptures in the manner of Satan to make false accusations continually.

As for "letting it alone", I have...and yet here you are again--you not "letting it alone", but once again psychologically projecting your own faults upon me.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Christ said it is finished some verses to consider are:

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 19:28 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.

19:29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.

19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
Yes, all the more reason you should not preach that these things are yet to be finished in the "future."

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You condemn yourself.

Your definition is in error, and you are blind to the fact that I have confessed the truth of Jesus Christ countless times in general and also to you specifically. Therefore, I have determined that you are the liar that you continually prove to be.

The matter is in the Lord's hands. But between you and me, I will not let you address me personally making false accusations, without an honest response: You are a liar and an accuser, and you have twisted the scriptures in the manner of Satan to make false accusations continually.

As for "letting it alone", I have...and yet here you are again--you not "letting it alone", but once again psychologically projecting your own faults upon me.
You have not confessed the truth of Christ; but continue to deny that He is come in the flesh (that He is a Man sitting on the right hand of the throne of God).

In calling me a liar, you are lying yourself.

My definition is not in error; and in denying that He is come in the flesh according to the definition I have given, I do believe that you deny that He is come in the flesh period.

But if it is a matter of differing definitions, then no one is lying here; but rather you believe that you have passed the test of 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7 according to your definition; while I believe that your definition is inaccurate and that therefore you are not truly confessing the thing that you need to confess in order to not have the spirit of Antichrist.

Notice that this started the second time because you told someone else that they were carrying the doctrine or spirit of Antichrist.

"You are a liar".

Matthew 7:1-6.

You have three fingers pointing back at you.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not confessed the truth of Christ; but continue to deny that He is come in the flesh (that He is a Man sitting on the right hand of the throne of God).

In calling me a liar, you are lying yourself.

My definition is not in error; and in denying that He is come in the flesh according to the definition I have given, I do believe that you deny that He is come in the flesh period.

But if it is a matter of differing definitions, then no one is lying here; but rather you believe that you have passed the test of 1 John 4:1-3, 2 John 1:7 according to your definition; while I believe that your definition is inaccurate and that therefore you are not truly confessing the thing that you need to confess in order to not have the spirit of Antichrist.

Notice that this started the second time because you told someone else that they were carrying the doctrine or spirit of Antichrist.

"You are a liar".

Matthew 7:1-6.

You have three fingers pointing back at you.
You believe wrong.