2 surgeries postponed - I am not afraid !!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am posting this because the coronavirus is getting worse here in the United Stated, and if I was a young Christian, I would be afraid for my children, my wife my extended relatives and friends..

I think us older believers in Christ should be here to encourage the younger Believers, to strengthen them and give them HOPE.

I have cataracts in both eyes and the surgeries have been postponed. I am slowly loosing my sight, but i am at peace because God has taken care of me for my whole life even when I wasn't a believer. If He doesn't save my sight I am at peace. That's His choice.
Will He take care of me now or will I go blind or will I die from this disease??
God has a plan for me, and I am ,as I have been for some time, surrendered to His plan for me, live or die.

The bible says in Philippians 1:21, "To live is Christ, and to die is gain (Even better)."

Like many of you I have children and grand children, and 1 great grand son.
I have experienced terrible heart ache in the past, and may have to face it again, but for now because my gym is closed I go on my daily walks and have weights to exercise with and a hobby to enjoy, and my bible studies to keep me active and focused on all the good God has provided.
I stay in touch with friends and family, and visit with neighbors at a safe 6 foot distance, and did some yard work yesterday as spring has just arrived, and I am at peace and content with whatever God chooses for everyone in my life and am content with all he has for me.

Believe in Christ as your savior the one who loves you and is ALWAYS WITH YOU until the end, whenever that is.

Be of good cheer and stay happy and positive, and bring HOPE and JOY into the lives of those who are afraid AROUND YOU.

We are to be the SALT and the LIGHT of Christ to the world, and THIS IS OUR TIME TO SHINE FOR CHRIST IN THE DARKNESS OF FEAR, and COMFORT those we know who are AFRAID.

It's a terrible time for non-believers, but a GREAT TIME FOR BELIEVERS IF WE CAN SEE PAST OURSELVES, AND BRING HOPE INTO THIS LOST WORLD OF HURTING SOULS.

James 1:2, "Consider it all joy my brethren when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance, and let that endurance have it's perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

God bless you all,
My name is OLIGOS

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am posting this because the coronavirus is getting worse here in the United Stated, and if I was a young Christian, I would be afraid for my children, my wife my extended relatives and friends..

I think us older believers in Christ should be here to encourage the younger Believers, to strengthen them and give them HOPE.

I have cataracts in both eyes and the surgeries have been postponed. I am slowly loosing my sight, but i am at peace because God has taken care of me for my whole life even when I wasn't a believer. If He doesn't save my sight I am at peace. That's His choice.
Will He take care of me now or will I go blind or will I die from this disease??
God has a plan for me, and I am ,as I have been for some time, surrendered to His plan for me, live or die.

The bible says in Philippians 1:21, "To live is Christ, and to die is gain (Even better)."

Like many of you I have children and grand children, and 1 great grand son.
I have experienced terrible heart ache in the past, and may have to face it again, but for now because my gym is closed I go on my daily walks and have weights to exercise with and a hobby to enjoy, and my bible studies to keep me active and focused on all the good God has provided.
I stay in touch with friends and family, and visit with neighbors at a safe 6 foot distance, and did some yard work yesterday as spring has just arrived, and I am at peace and content with whatever God chooses for everyone in my life and am content with all he has for me.

Believe in Christ as your savior the one who loves you and is ALWAYS WITH YOU until the end, whenever that is.

Be of good cheer and stay happy and positive, and bring HOPE and JOY into the lives of those who are afraid AROUND YOU.

We are to be the SALT and the LIGHT of Christ to the world, and THIS IS OUR TIME TO SHINE FOR CHRIST IN THE DARKNESS OF FEAR, and COMFORT those we know who are AFRAID.

It's a terrible time for non-believers, but a GREAT TIME FOR BELIEVERS IF WE CAN SEE PAST OURSELVES, AND BRING HOPE INTO THIS LOST WORLD OF HURTING SOULS.

James 1:2, "Consider it all joy my brethren when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance, and let that endurance have it's perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

God bless you all,
My name is OLIGOS

Yours is a Beautiful Testimony. Thank you for sharing and may God continue to greatly bless you and yours.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Seasoned by Grace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Seasoned by Grace

I am very thankful to God that I've been brought through very difficult and - trying times, and I've seen Him move, and do wonderful things in me. Our God is an amazing God Who loves us so much, and knows just what is best to happen in our lives.

I need to share this with others, and remind myself! Oh how my attention can slip away from God, when the circumstances are easy! I start to think I'm controlling things, got a nice little spot here, that's just where I was at!

God shakes things so that which can be shaken is removed. And for the child of God, afterward comes the peaceable fruit of righteousness, and more as we grow.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This passage, similar to . . .

Romans 5
1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Tribulations work endurance, and endurance, experience, specifically, best as I can determine, the evidence of our lives past. As you say, we have the testimony, and that has given us the hope of all He's promised us. And there are many many who do not have that yet.

Like you say, our time to shine!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heavenly Father, please look to SBG's eyes, to let him see in this world, but all the more to see you ever more clearly! Thank you for his encouragments! Thank you for Your consolation! I ask this of You in Jesus' Name!

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heavenly Father, please look to SBG's eyes, to let him see in this world, but all the more to see you ever more clearly! Thank you for his encouragments! Thank you for Your consolation! I ask this of You in Jesus' Name!

I am overwhelmed with gratitude for you Godliness and kindness in your prayers for me.

Thank you and God bless you for the love and comfort that your prayers bring me.

My name is OLIGOS

Reactions: Taken and marks