3 AM Dream x Spirit Led Reading

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I've been wanting to write this all day. At 3 AM last night I had a powerful dream. I have 2 dogs, a 55 lb Chow Shepherd mix and an 80 lb American Bull dog. In the dream I was living in a high rise apartment building with cinder block walls. I was on the phone, learning my dogs had escaped across the pond to the wooded area I take them to frequently.

It was freezing cold and windy. I wore my Gore-tex camouflage windbreaker with a hood and a Gore-tex hat under it as I briskly ran to get the dogs. The rocky path was right up to water's edge along the pond. As I approached a particularly narrow section with a brick wall on my left and the water on my right, I passed by mocking spirits; mocking me for recklessly running so fast. I slipped on the rocks and my right foot went into the water.

Not looking ahead but at my feet, to make sure I kept my balance and did not go back into the water as I approached the narrowest portion of the path. When I looked up, I saw about 100 yards ahead of me 3 lionesses. Although they saw me, they were pre-occupied by the water and a zebra. I stopped abruptly and loudly as my feet caused numerous rocks to skid along the path.

I turned around and slowly walked away. The mocking spirits mocked me again for thinking it was a good idea to turn my back on the lionesses and running toward them alone. I woke suddenly, disturbed by the dream, the divine symbolism of the lionesses and the mocking spirits. As I pondered it's meaning, I suddenly got a Spirit led message to read the book of Haggai! (I cannot say that I am a Haggai expert or that it was remotely on my mind).

I got up and skimmed my well highlighted Bible. 1:9 & 2:17 explains that God undermined the work of the selfish refugees returning to Jerusalem because they prioritized building their own house rather than the temple of the LORD. I sat stunned and deeply convicted, realizing I was 5 days late in making my commitment to my church for its building project. Wow!

What do you make of this experience? Was it the prodding of my Guardian Angel or Holy Spirit?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If it was me, I'd be less concerned about it being a guardian angel and more concerned about what the Lord meant in regards to your house verses His temple. Is your house your organizations' building, and is His temple, you?

Reactions: Wrangler

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it was me, I'd be less concerned about it being a guardian angel and more concerned about what the Lord meant in regards to your house verses His temple. Is your house your organizations' building, and is His temple, you?

Organization's building?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I had a realistic dream not too long ago. I was sitting in an underground cavern. To my left was an entrance through which a fairly dim light shone. There was a light mist in the room. Across the room from me was a level ledge, about four feet off the ground, that ran from one side of the room to the other. The depth of the ledge may have been about four feet. Laying on the ledge, in full view, was an ankylosaurus. The dream then ended.
kisspng-ankylosaurus-talarurus-euoplocephalus-dinosaur-thy-dinosaur-5aa26410a7a6a9.1463043915205918886867.jpg

I have some pretty weird dreams.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Organization's building?
In the original new testament writings, the word, "church" didn't exist. The Greek word, "ecclesia," was translated to English as the word, "congregation," which was also used in the old testament. It means a gathering of people. They could be worshipers of God, or any other group of people. And they could meet anywhere.
About 800 years ago, the word church arose from Old English and Old German sources. It literally means, "a building of a lord." 2,000 years ago, the congregation ministered to people; today, funds are used to build and upkeep buildings. If sanctification is instant, why would they need to do otherwise?
Since the word of God is eternal and cannot be broken, the word church has not replaced God's word, congregation. Instead, it has been added. I don't think it's a good idea, but then again, I'm just one little man. Perhaps you should check out Revelation 22:19 Covid, anyone?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know my name isn't HIH, and I know I suggested that you don't listen to someone like me. Good. Hear what the Spirit is saying.
However, thinking of you and what you're going through, three things come to mind: His faithfulness, new life, and His crooked, straight path. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know my name isn't HIH, and I know I suggested that you don't listen to someone like me. Good. Hear what the Spirit is saying.
However, thinking of you and what you're going through, three things come to mind: His faithfulness, new life, and His crooked, straight path. :)

Yep. That is the right path. Just trying to figure out which way that is following Jesus.

I know I don't believe I am reading into things to much. Just not sure if I am supposed to figure that out or not. If it is my job too. If it would do more harm then good. Tree of Life was open freely. Tree of knowledge of good and evil... That is how death came.

Reactions: Truman

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But then Bible says for lack of knowledge, or rejection of knowledge, My people perish. Discernment. Oy very. LOL.:

Dream:
I was walking with a lady friend in an outside mall and we went into this bare looking store. There were a couple circular clothes racks chalked full with clothes and we walked passed those to a shelf with a few music CDs on it. I saw a guitar that looked like the one the male worship leader at my church has. There was a CD on it with Kelly Clarkson, who I used to like when I was younger. She was holding the guitar singing on the cover. I checked the price and it was $50. I thought that was an awesome price, because his acoustic looks quite pricey. But then I saw the male worship leader's cd. And I love the Christian music that he writes. I looked at the price and it was only $2.50. (there were two of the same CD). I was ecstatic, so put the guitar with cd down, and decided to grab that instead. The name with him on the cover was "Battlefield." I knew I wasn't into the world music now and had my own guitar I need to get back to practicing. I barely begun learning it! But I didn't know if it was worth buying the guitar, no matter how good a deal it was. At this time, I saw the male worship leader near me like he thought I didn't see him there. I sensed he was just trying to see what I would do. Then I saw an assistant pastor from the church too nearby, like I was being watched.

Maybe I should just leave the store and keep to the treasures I know are worth buying.

-“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls, and upon finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it.

-And Jesus said to them, “Therefore every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a head of a household, who brings out of his treasure things new and old.”

Matthew 13:45‭-‬46‭, ‬52 NASB1995

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think the part of me that stays in forums isn't really the gleaning as much as the outlet to encourage and minister. But finding discerning what is false and staying away is what is hard. I know gem dropping is what ministered to my heart/focused my attention the first time. Scripture moves in people.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kinda like the mocking spirits/lioness in Wrangler's dream. Easy to walk into the battle foolishly.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him what do you think of this?

Strangely enough, HIH didn't receive anything after reading the OP a few days ago either, LoL.

Maybe it was because the dream was already self-interpreted. That happens sometimes. I get absolutely nothing about a dream if the one who received it has already received interpretation regarding it. Not sure if that means the interpretation was accurate or if the dream was even from the Lord or not, just that He gives me nothing regarding it, so I just stay out of it since I have nothing to say from the Lord either way.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But then Bible says for lack of knowledge, or rejection of knowledge, My people perish. Discernment. Oy very. LOL.

Oy very vey, LoL.
Dream:
I was walking with a lady friend in an outside mall and we went into this bare looking store. There were a couple circular clothes racks chalked full with clothes and we walked passed those to a shelf with a few music CDs on it. I saw a guitar that looked like the one the male worship leader at my church has. There was a CD on it with Kelly Clarkson, who I used to like when I was younger. She was holding the guitar singing on the cover. I checked the price and it was $50. I thought that was an awesome price, because his acoustic looks quite pricey. But then I saw the male worship leader's cd. And I love the Christian music that he writes. I looked at the price and it was only $2.50. (there were two of the same CD). I was ecstatic, so put the guitar with cd down, and decided to grab that instead. The name with him on the cover was "Battlefield." I knew I wasn't into the world music now and had my own guitar I need to get back to practicing. I barely begun learning it! But I didn't know if it was worth buying the guitar, no matter how good a deal it was. At this time, I saw the male worship leader near me like he thought I didn't see him there. I sensed he was just trying to see what I would do. Then I saw an assistant pastor from the church too nearby, like I was being watched.

Maybe I should just leave the store and keep to the treasures I know are worth buying.

When did you have this, and was the last sentence part of what you were thinking during the dream, or no?

Reactions: Mayflower