3 Minute Run - Do you believe that grace is sufficient enough for you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What do you believe about God's Grace? Is it sufficient enough for you ?

Scripture provided in the video.

2 Corinthians 12:
New International Version
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

More scripture provided in the video with an expounding on this verse itself.

Reactions: amadeus

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Corinthians 12:
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Grace is all well and good, but the Lord expects us to learn from our mistakes.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re right, though we will never be perfect and for some people out there who may be perfectionist, they will suffer miserably from trying to be such. That is my only worry about anyone who suggest we can be perfect; of course mature but perfect in the sense of like that of Christ in this flesh is not possible.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Corinthians 12:

I believe the grace Paul was speaking of was the grace God uses to heal. God has almighty powers to wield and can delicately heal the human body. So the Lord said to Paul in other words, the healing I have provided you are sufficient. For instance Paul was martyred not much later, so why did God need to heal him if he was going to be killed for his faith in Christ? God didn't need to heal him and it was sufficient. See: (Saint Paul the Apostle | Biography & Facts)

Paul's death are unknown, but tradition holds that he was beheaded in Rome and thus died as a martyr for his faith. His death was perhaps part of the executions of Christians ordered by the Roman emperor Nero following the great fire in the city in 64 CE.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG 2 Corinthians was written about 55 CE and it is believed he was killed in 64 CE which is about 9 years of dealing with the thorn in his flesh.

II Corinthians
The Second Letter of Paul to the Corinthians was written from Macedonia in about 55 ce.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re right, though we will never be perfect and for some people out there who may be perfectionist, they will suffer miserably from trying to be such. That is my only worry about anyone who suggest we can be perfect; of course mature but perfect in the sense of like that of Christ in this flesh is not possible.
Be careful about deciding and stating what is Not possible.

'According to your faith' is what Jesus said. If we have faith that something is impossible, for us it certainly is impossible! It is not to our own abilities we are to look in faith. Our faith without God won't cut it, but if we are trusting in God what is not possible?

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you" Matt 7:7

"...ye have not, because ye ask not.
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." James 4:2-3

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos and marks

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but can you say to me that you are perfect in your flesh? I know for me it is not so.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do believe God can help us overcome things in our flesh and it does have to deal with our choice; of what we may do but the darkness still remains only Christ holds it back through us though we can naturally can still be angry and hateful, and mean from time to time. At least in my life plus lust as well.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the grace Paul was speaking of was the grace God uses to heal. God has almighty powers to wield and can delicately heal the human body. So the Lord said to Paul in other words, the healing I have provided you are sufficient. For instance Paul was martyred not much later, so why did God need to heal him if he was going to be killed for his faith in Christ? God didn't need to heal him and it was sufficient. See: (Saint Paul the Apostle | Biography & Facts)

Paul's death are unknown, but tradition holds that he was beheaded in Rome and thus died as a martyr for his faith. His death was perhaps part of the executions of Christians ordered by the Roman emperor Nero following the great fire in the city in 64 CE.

Thank you for your subjective insight. No one truly knows what that thorn was. My assumption it was some type of problem. And in relation to us human beings we are filled with them.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but can you say to me that you are perfect in your flesh? I know for me it is not so.
What I am saying is that when you deny the possibility then you are denying the power of God to make it so. This is saying nothing about what I am or am not. It is about God's power. Without Him surely we are nothing, but with Him...?

“I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee” Job 42:2

“God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.” Psalm 62:11

“Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.” Psalm 147:5

“But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.” Matt 19:26

Reactions: Episkopos