3 ways I've used to explain Jesus, the Bible and Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is for me and @Wrangler to explore areas we might view things in common, or to discuss where and why we differ in approach to God and Jesus.

Anyone else, you are welcome to respond if @Wrangler and I have issues understanding or explaining between us.
But please let @Wrangler answer and show support. Our previous Q&A draw plenty of objections, but here I am trying to find where we can more effectively communicate and agree how to express the relations or process we see around God and Jesus. Thank you for your support and help to explore.

A. General process and pattern of humanity receiving laws and these being fulfilled in spirit

B. Jesus as the Center of the Cross and the fulfillment/redemption process

C. How we as the people or church body receive, respond and act to fulfill this process

@Wrangler to keep track of our responses, let's put A B or C at the top of each post or reply, so I can follow up on each angle without losing track.

A. The general pattern in the Bible
I explain this comparing it to the grief process where growth happens in stages.

First God gave the laws in writing through Moses. These get corrupted by man's selfish desire for control or greed/mammon/material rewards. The sacrifice of Jesus breaks this cycle of retribution, like hitting rock bottom with addiction and starting over, agreeing to renounce and not repeat the past.
But it takes stages of denial, projection of blame and anger, before forgiving and letting go for resolution and peace, for full healing and recovery.

The break in the cycle of sin and suffering caused by ego and man's selfish desires over others is what Jesus represents bh sacrifice and redemption THROUGH Forgiveness.

The analogy or parable I have used to describe this process: Jesus is God's perfect justice sent into this world, similar to an Anti-Virus program that can clean up all the virus corruption in the system that represents man's sins built up and corrupting humanity and society. When you download an anti-viral program, you have to kill the system and reboot with the program inside. So when the system restarts, the program can infiltrate the entire operating system and all files to clean up all the virus corruption.

This is the modern parable I have used to explain why Jesus had to be sent and sacrificed in our world in order to eradicate the corruption caused by sin like a virus embedded in computer systems that cannot debug themselves.

With the pattern of first giving the laws in writing, then Jesus coming later to fulfill the laws in Spirit, I also compare this with the political process of Founders establishing Constitutional laws in writing, then the people learning to receive and live by the Spirit of Justice and Peace to follow and fulfill these laws as well in the spirit of Justice with Mercy and Peace that Jesus and the Holy Spirit represent collectively for all humanity.

We go through the same process.
Luther brought the Reformation of the church, to take back responsibility for the laws by people following the laws directly through God's connection with man through Christ as the Word of God incarnate, instead of relying on church elders to act as the middleman. And now today we are seeing this same Reformation of the state with people enforcing laws and Justice directly in order to become responsible for being our own govt. When this is done through agreement with God and everyone in Christ Jesus, it brings true and lasting peace and justice. (If power or justice is assumed by selfish greed and force AGAINST others by threat of political oppression or physical violence, then that is Antichrist. So we are in the midst of that process escalating right now.)

B.

Last edited:
Reactions: GEN2REV

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
B. The symbol of Jesus in the Center of the Cross. @Wrangler this is how a Senior Pastor explained the difference between man's relation with God, and man's relations between Neighbors, although Christ Jesus is in the middle of both relations.

1. The Vertical bar of the Cross represents God's spiritual laws and relations with man. Jesus is in the center as the only Mediator between God and man, and the embodiment of God's Word or Laws. Grace is given freely. We merely ask and agree to receive God's grace and all the steps from repentance, forgiveness, correction and healing come with that process. There are no conditions of works attached to Salvation. The works follow from faith. This relationship is where the Scriptural laws and authority are invoked, governed and fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

2. The Horizontal bar of the Cross represents man's relationship with man. Jesus governs these as well, but by Natural laws of man. Forgiveness is not given freely but injustice requires restitution or making amends to restore justice and peace between neighbors. Conditions may be required by law to answer and repair injustice or damages and debts caused to other people. Jesus still governs these relations as Justice. But people petition each other to resolve disputes or conflicts. If we resolve issues by mediating (as Scripture instructs church members), then we can restore relations by invoking common authority in Christ Jesus.

If violations occur that affect other people or the public, then civil laws can be invoked which require civil process.

Just because we are forgiven by God in the Spiritual realm doesn't mean we don't owe debts or damages in real world relations.

@Wrangler I am guessing your focus is more on the finite relations between neighbors, and resolving disputes over who is teaching wrong or false religious ideology.

This is between man and man.
That is why I have faith that since you and I both Respect God and Jesus, we can resolve differences and agree to let God govern our relations and how we teach through Christ Jesus as Lord governing the church body.

Last edited:

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
C. How the Church body operates

1. I see Life as like an Orchestra, with diverse sections playing different instruments in different keys. Not all of us play the same sheet music, but they fit together in a score that creates a complete Symphony when a parts are played correctly. In tune, in timing and in balance with each other as God designs us to complement and complete the whole.

If one group or musician is playing incorrectly, clashing or outblasting the others, we do not team up to kick the disrupters out of the band. We need them to play their parts correctly.

We do not force them to play our music which is different, but learn the part God gave them to play.

If we are not skilled to teach them, we ask the Section leader or the best teacher of that instrument to get their Section in order and play their parts correctly.

So when all parts come together in harmony, the Orchestra is perfect or whole, and the Symphony is complete.

This is like the Kingdom of God when all of us like God's children can work together, and help each other follow and fulfill the purpise we are designed for.

The Whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

2. Back to practical application to real life relations

We run into conflicts where people do not agree what is causing the problems and how to solve them.

The first step is Forgiveness.

If we do not forgive, we are not forgiven.
Because this blocks God's truth love and wisdom from entering the situation or relationship and allowing correction and healing to be received.

What Christianity teaches that is unique, is that Jesus authority alone allows the forgiveness, redemption and healing for humanity as represented by the sacrifice on the Cross that breaks the endless cycle of retribution due to unforgiveness.

What we as Believers do to bring this healing and saving grace into our lives and relations is agree to embody and receive Jesus, and by that Authority remove any negative attachments or obstructions that otherwise prevent God's love, will and truth from entering and being established.

We start by working one on one. With ourselves, forgiving the past so we can receive God's greater blessings and visions of the future. Then we work to build and restore relations with each other.

Where 2 or 3 agree on anything touching the earth, it is done by our Father in Heaven.

So this is where we are now. James 5:16
Confessing faults one to another
and praying for each other that we may
be healed.

I believe you are called to bring teaching and correction to others, so more people can unite in Christ on God's truth.

Be us First Disciples of Christ Jesus,
And we shall know the Truth
And the Truth shall set us free

I pray that you will be lifted up and empowered to reach more people to
share God's truth, with greater love and
Understanding, wisdom and peace,
Strength and courage to restore good faith
relations based on the right foundations,
and build the Kingdom of God wherever
God's will is done on Earth, as it is in Heaven

Thank you @Wrangler
More peace, grace, blessings and favor
be yours!

Whoever receives a child of God who comes in Jesus name receives Jesus

Whoever receives Jesus the Son receives the Father who sent Jesus

Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved

Let us all receive and all share Saving Grace with others. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The analogy or parable I have used to describe this process: Jesus is God's perfect justice sent into this world, similar to an Anti-Virus program that can clean up all the virus corruption in the system that represents man's sins built up and corrupting humanity and society. When you download an anti-viral program, you have to kill the system and reboot with the program inside. So when the system restarts, the program can infiltrate the entire operating system and all files to clean up all the virus corruption.
Really like this analogy.

Nice post.

Reactions: Emily Nghiem