6 Stories

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

6 Stories

Aug 1, 2021
Chapin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do I use the name 6 Stories?

All stories have a beginning, a middle, and an ending. There are 6 stories in the book of Revelation that have the same ending. Therefore, they must be different stories! Imagine trying to interpret Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John; if your presumption was that they were 4 parts of just a single story. Many presume that the Revelation is a single story.

The single end to the 6 stories is most completely described with the gathering of the kings of the earth, the warning that Jesus is coming, and the 7th vial. (Rev 16:13-21) Consider Rev 15:1, "And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God." Notice that these are the last plagues and that God's wrath ends with these specific plagues. Therefore, if you believe that plagues of God's wrath in chapters 17-19 chronologically occur after chapter 16, aren't you in disagreement with Rev 15:1?

Story 1: Rev 6:1-17
Parts of Rev 16:13-21 found:
The mountains and islands are all moved
The gathering of the kings of the earth
The throne of God with an earthquake
Jesus returns
God's wrath is poured out

Note: The throne of God is found in Rev 4:5 with "lightnings and thunderings and voices." These "lightnings and thunderings and voices" are pictured together with an earthquake in Rev 16:18 and in other Revelation stories.

Story 2: Rev 7:1-8:5
"Lightnings and thunderings and voices" are pictured together with an earthquake

Story 3: Rev 8:6-11:19
"Lightnings and thunderings and voices" are pictured together with an earthquake
Great hail

Story 4: Rev 12:7-14:20
Jesus returns
The winepress which produces the "cup of wine"

Story 5: Rev 15:1-16:21
Everything, this is our comparison story

Story 6: Rev 18:1-19:21
Jesus returns

The end of the story, the end of the age, has been revealed 6 times. Much more of the Revelation is repeated, especially the period of great tribulation, which consistently occurs before the wrath of God is poured out.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation is only about Jesus Christ. Most focus on the other details and leave Christ out of their interpretations.

You compared Revelation to the 4 Gospels. Would you have accepted Revelation as being about Christ if 3 other 1st century authors had also been an eye witness to all John saw?

Did you break down the gospel of John to compare it to your break down of Revelation?

Revelation is about the final harvest, and God on the throne and the Lamb will be present and known as the name Revelation specifically states of Jesus Christ. I do not think the book repeats itself as much as it states exactly what happens at the time it is supposed to happen.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

And the nations will be angry, and GOD's wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be Judged, and GOD should give reward unto His servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear HIS name, small and great; and should DESTROY them which destroy the earth.
By the way, what is His name? Acts 4:v.12

GET READY
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and Judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the Word of God, and which had not worshipped the Beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands;
and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Hosea 6:v.2-3

2 After two days will he revive us: in the third Day-John 2:v.19-the seventh and last millennium- He will raise us up, and we shall live in His sight.

3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and He shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

What sign show you unto us, seeing that you does these things? Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. The third DAY arrived, as was prophesied by Hosea centuries before Christ.

By the way, it is good to have lamp -the Word of GOD- but if someone else have not oil
it will be a waste of time to look for whoever is selling it.

Get ready

6 Stories

Aug 1, 2021
Chapin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation is only about Jesus Christ. Most focus on the other details and leave Christ out of their interpretations.

You compared Revelation to the 4 Gospels. Would you have accepted Revelation as being about Christ if 3 other 1st century authors had also been an eye witness to all John saw?

Did you break down the gospel of John to compare it to your break down of Revelation?

Revelation is about the final harvest, and God on the throne and the Lamb will be present and known as the name Revelation specifically states of Jesus Christ. I do not think the book repeats itself as much as it states exactly what happens at the time it is supposed to happen.

Rev 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him..." The picture of God giving Jesus Christ the Revelation is found in Rev 5:7 "And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne."

The Revelation is centered on Jesus Christ, but is also about the history and future of man which depends upon his relationship with Jesus.

The comparison to the 4 Gospels was made because no one presumes that they are just 1 story.
Most people presume the Revelation is just 1 story. I disagree, believing the Revelation contains 6 stories which come to the same ending.

I have been trying to break down the Revelation for years. I test my theories by posting them. Currently, my small group is going through the book of John. To me, John is exhausting because I don't think like he does. However, I believe he had the best possible relationship with Jesus and I am trying to learn that.

When I originally broke down the Revelation, I compared the things in it with the rest of the Bible. Then I began to see many comparisons within the Revelation itself. I don't know if I have enough years left to break down the book of John the way I have the book of Revelation.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All stories have a beginning, a middle, and an ending. There are 6 stories in the book of Revelation that have the same ending. Therefore, they must be different stories! Imagine trying to interpret Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John; if your presumption was that they were 4 parts of just a single story. Many presume that the Revelation is a single story.

The single end to the 6 stories is most completely described with the gathering of the kings of the earth, the warning that Jesus is coming, and the 7th vial. (Rev 16:13-21) Consider Rev 15:1, "And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God." Notice that these are the last plagues and that God's wrath ends with these specific plagues. Therefore, if you believe that plagues of God's wrath in chapters 17-19 chronologically occur after chapter 16, aren't you in disagreement with Rev 15:1?

Story 1: Rev 6:1-17
The mountains and islands are all moved
The throne of God with an earthquake
Jesus returns

Note: The throne of God is found in Rev 4:5 with "lightnings and thunderings and voices." These "lightnings and thunderings and voices" are pictured together with an earthquake in Rev 16:18 and in other Revelation stories.

Story 2: Rev 7:1-8:5

Story 3: Rev 8:6-11:19
Great hail

Story 4: Rev 12:7-14:20
Jesus returns

Story 5: Rev 15:1-16:21
Everything, this is our comparison story

Story 6: Rev 18:1-19:21
Jesus returns

The end of the story, the end of the age, has been revealed 6 times. Much more of the Revelation is repeated, especially the period of great tribulation, which consistently occurs before the wrath of God is poured out.
"The Final Story"

Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Last edited:

6 Stories

Aug 1, 2021
Chapin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The Final Story"

Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

The ending of the "final story" after Jesus reigns for 1000 years on this present earth is different than the ending of the 6 repeated stories in the Revelation. Some of your quotes relate to the end of this age and some of your quotes relate to the end of this heaven and earth.

Your first 2 quotes relate to the end of this heaven and earth, while the third quote is the one that is repeated 6 times in Revelation.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Revelation 11:v.15 -
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD
(the current Devil's world) are become the KINGDOMS of our Lord, and of His Christ (kingdoms of only true Christians - the NEXT *WORLD, understand?); and He shall reign for ever and ever.

JESUS left very clear: Luke 20:v.35-36 and 13:v.24-25

35 But
they which shall be accounted WORTHY to obtain that *WORLD (the Kingdom of GOD-the THIRD HEAVEN PLACE IN CHRIST JESUS), and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door,...

6 Stories

Aug 1, 2021
Chapin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 11:v.15 -
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD
(the current Devil's world) are become the KINGDOMS of our Lord, and of His Christ (kingdoms of only true Christians - the NEXT *WORLD, understand?); and He shall reign for ever and ever.

Yes, I understand. This is when the kingdoms of the earth come under the power of God instead of being under the power of Satan.

JESUS left very clear: Luke 20:v.35-36 and 13:v.24-25
they which shall be accounted WORTHY to obtain that *WORLD (the Kingdom of GOD-the THIRD HEAVEN PLACE IN CHRIST JESUS), and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door,...

The kingdoms of earth don't go to the third heaven, they stay on earth and are under the power of Jesus when Jesus reigns on earth for 1000 years.

Jesus will reign over his people even after the 1000 years as this earthly kingdom is delivered up to God. (1 Cor 15:24) Those that are not his will be separated from him forever.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ending of the "final story" after Jesus reigns for 1000 years on this present earth is different than the ending of the 6 repeated stories in the Revelation. Some of your quotes relate to the end of this age and some of your quotes relate to the end of this heaven and earth.

Your first 2 quotes relate to the end of this heaven and earth, while the third quote is the one that is repeated 6 times in Revelation.
There Will Be No 1,000 Year Millennial Kingdom Upon This Earth, Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation?

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When Jesus Christ Returns It Will Be (The End) Not The Start Of A Millennial Kingdom On Earth

As scripture clearly teaches below in 1 Corinthinas 15:23-24 , when Jesus Christ returns then comes (The End)

Many disregard (Then Cometh The End) as they desire to see a mortal Millennial Kingdom on earth, after the coming of Jesus Christ

afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, not a Millennial Kingdom on this earth as many falsely claim

(Then Cometh The End)

(Death Is Swallowed Up In Victory)

1 Corinthians 15:21-26 & 51-54KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6 Stories
OP ^

Revelations is a RECAP.
The Author Himself.
The Players/Characters in the Authors Book.
And the Outcome of Every Character.
End of Story, is the Same as the Beginning...

The Characters are Either:
"WITH" or "WITHOUT" God.
"TAKEN" or "REJECTED"
"IN or OUT"
"UP or DOWN"
"REMEMBERED or FORGOTTEN"

Glory to God,
Taken

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I’m sorry, but, huh?
Imagine trying to interpret Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John; if your presumption was that they were 4 parts of just a single story.”

They ARE the same story! They differ because different people are telling the story, but undoubtably they are still the same story…Jesus’s birth, his ministry with his disciples, his death, burial and resurrection.
They have the same beginning and end. They are the same story. That’s why they’re called ‘the gospels’, they are grouped together because they tell the same story.
The only differences we see in them is the fact that they have different authors, highlighting things they remember or saw. And that they are intended for different audiences, so the emphasis and writing changes. But other than that, I’m not sure how on earth you justify your idea that they are not the same story.

6 Stories

Aug 1, 2021
Chapin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus Christ Returns It Will Be (The End) Not The Start Of A Millennial Kingdom On Earth

As scripture clearly teaches below in 1 Corinthinas 15:23-24 , when Jesus Christ returns then comes (The End)

Many disregard (Then Cometh The End) as they desire to see a mortal Millennial Kingdom on earth, after the coming of Jesus Christ

afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, not a Millennial Kingdom on this earth as many falsely claim

(Then Cometh The End)

(Death Is Swallowed Up In Victory)

1 Corinthians 15:21-26 & 51-54KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

1 Cor 15:23 At the end of this age which is Christ's coming, those who belong to Christ will be made alive. That is, they will never again face death because they will be like Christ.

24 Then cometh the end, when
1 Cor 15:24 The end comes when (after) Jesus has put down all rule and all authority and power. Death has not been destroyed at the time of Christ's coming.

1 Cor 15:25 What would Jesus have to put under his feet if the new heaven and new earth existed at his arrival? Isn't everything already under Jesus' feet at the time of the new heaven and earth?

The description of Jesus' 1,000 year reign over mortals on earth from beginning to end is found in Rev 20:1-11:
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

In verse 3, nations will still exist on earth throughout the millennial reign. These are the peoples (mortals) that Jesus will rule over for 1,000 years. There are many OT scriptures that describe this time. See Zech 14. Verses 1-7 describe Jesus' coming. The rest of the chapter describes life during the 1,000 years.

6 Stories

Aug 1, 2021
Chapin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sorry, but, huh?
Imagine trying to interpret Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John; if your presumption was that they were 4 parts of just a single story.”

They ARE the same story! They differ because different people are telling the story, but undoubtably they are still the same story…Jesus’s birth, his ministry with his disciples, his death, burial and resurrection.
They have the same beginning and end. They are the same story. That’s why they’re called ‘the gospels’, they are grouped together because they tell the same story.
The only differences we see in them is the fact that they have different authors, highlighting things they remember or saw. And that they are intended for different audiences, so the emphasis and writing changes. But other than that, I’m not sure how on earth you justify your idea that they are not the same story.

I agree with everything you wrote. The 4 different Gospels do all tell the same story! They all tell the story of Jesus' ministry on earth.

There are also 6 different stories in the book of Revelation, which all have the same ending! All 6 Revelation stories tell of things that will happen until Jesus returns to earth. In spite of having 6 different stories, most people read the Revelation as one continuous story. This makes the book of Revelation impossible to understand. The 4 different Gospels would also be impossible to understand if they were read as one continuous story.

I was not trying to change the Gospels or any understanding of them. I was using them for comparison to show how impossible it is to try to understand multiple stories if you read them as just 1 story.

I am sorry to cause confusion. Please tell me if I have now presented an understandable idea.

6 Stories

Aug 1, 2021
Chapin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6 Stories
OP ^

Revelations is a RECAP.
The Author Himself.
The Players/Characters in the Authors Book.
And the Outcome of Every Character.
End of Story, is the Same as the Beginning...

The Characters are Either:
"WITH" or "WITHOUT" God.
"TAKEN" or "REJECTED"
"IN or OUT"
"UP or DOWN"
"REMEMBERED or FORGOTTEN"

Glory to God,
Taken

I believe that we have seen and will further see much of the Revelation fulfilled in our lifetimes. This makes the timing of the events of special importance to me. I believe more understanding will bring more urgency in leading more people to the "IN" crowd.

Reactions: Taken

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree with everything you wrote. The 4 different Gospels do all tell the same story! They all tell the story of Jesus' ministry on earth.

There are also 6 different stories in the book of Revelation, which all have the same ending! All 6 Revelation stories tell of things that will happen until Jesus returns to earth. In spite of having 6 different stories, most people read the Revelation as one continuous story. This makes the book of Revelation impossible to understand. The 4 different Gospels would also be impossible to understand if they were read as one continuous story.

I was not trying to change the Gospels or any understanding of them. I was using them for comparison to show how impossible it is to try to understand multiple stories if you read them as just 1 story.

I am sorry to cause confusion. Please tell me if I have now presented an understandable idea.
Ah. Okay…I get you now. And, actually, I thoroughly agree. About Revelation. I don’t know that I’ve actually broken the book into ‘stories’ as you have, but to my understanding, there are too many theophanies within it to be able to read it as chronological, ending with Christ’s return.
If I have time, I might go back through the book and consider it with your ‘stories’ in mind.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus will rule over for 1,000 years. There are many OT scriptures that describe this time. See Zech 14. Verses 1-7 describe Jesus' coming. The rest of the chapter describes life during the 1,000 years.
Zechariah 14 Is The (Eternal Kingdom) Don't Be Deceived

Zechariah 14:1-12 below shows the Lords return to earth in fire in final judgement.

(Verse 1) shows "The Day Of The Lord" also seen in 2 Peter 3:10-13 "Fire Judgement" below

(Verse 2) Shows that all nations are gathered for the final battle of armageddon.

(Verses 3-5) shows the Lords return, and his eternal feet touch down on the earthly Mt, of Olives, and in the "Twinkling Of An Eye" 1 Cor 15:52 takes place, in the catching up, resurrection, final judgement by fire, and the New Heavens, Earth, and Jerusalem being revealed for eternity, judgement complete, eternity begins.

(Verses 6-7) Eternal light seen, in the eternal kingdom, Rev 22:1-5

(Verse 8) The river of life is seen, Rev 22:1-5

(Verse 10) The New creation is being revealed, the plain is lifted up.

(Verse 12) "The Day Of The Lord" showing the "Last Day" judgement by the Lords fire, as men are consumed as they stand on their feet, 2 Peter 3:10-13

2 Peter 3:10KJV

Revelation 22:1KJV
And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

"The Eternal Kingdom"!

Zechariah 14:1-12KJV
14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which
is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee
to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
6 And it shall come to pass in that day,
that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7 but it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass,
that at evening time it shall be light.
8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9 And the Lordshall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.
10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin’s gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and
from the tower of Hananeel unto the king’s winepresses.
11 And
men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

6 Stories

Aug 1, 2021
Chapin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah. Okay…I get you now. And, actually, I thoroughly agree. About Revelation. I don’t know that I’ve actually broken the book into ‘stories’ as you have, but to my understanding, there are too many theophanies within it to be able to read it as chronological, ending with Christ’s return.
If I have time, I might go back through the book and consider it with your ‘stories’ in mind.

Thanks for your responses. Sharing the 'stories' is the reason I am here. I'm glad I didn't lose you right from the start.

6 Stories

Aug 1, 2021
Chapin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zechariah 14 Is The (Eternal Kingdom) Don't Be Deceived

Zechariah 14:1-12 below shows the Lords return to earth in fire in final judgement.

(Verse 1) shows "The Day Of The Lord" also seen in 2 Peter 3:10-13 "Fire Judgement" below

(Verse 2) Shows that all nations are gathered for the final battle of armageddon.

(Verses 3-5) shows the Lords return, and his eternal feet touch down on the earthly Mt, of Olives, and in the "Twinkling Of An Eye" 1 Cor 15:52 takes place, in the catching up, resurrection, final judgement by fire, and the New Heavens, Earth, and Jerusalem being revealed for eternity, judgement complete, eternity begins.

(Verses 6-7) Eternal light seen, in the eternal kingdom, Rev 22:1-5

(Verse 8) The river of life is seen, Rev 22:1-5

(Verse 10) The New creation is being revealed, the plain is lifted up.

(Verse 12) "The Day Of The Lord" showing the "Last Day" judgement by the Lords fire, as men are consumed as they stand on their feet, 2 Peter 3:10-13

2 Peter 3:10KJV

Revelation 22:1KJV
And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

"The Eternal Kingdom"!

Zechariah 14:1-12KJV
14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which
is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee
to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
6 And it shall come to pass in that day,
that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7 but it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass,
that at evening time it shall be light.
8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9 And the Lordshall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.
10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin’s gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and
from the tower of Hananeel unto the king’s winepresses.
11 And
men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

Aren't all the things in Zechariah 14 just types of what will happen in the eternal kingdom?
3 differences between the millennial kingdom and the eternal kingdom
MK = Millennial Kingdom
EK = Eternal Kingdom

The disappearing earth
MK Zec 14:1-5 Current earth - no disappearing here.
EK Rev 20:11 "the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them."
EK Rev 21:1 "I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away"

The existence of seas
MK Zec 14:8 Living waters flow to seas.
EK Rev 21:1 "there was no more sea."

The amount of utter destruction.
MK Limited destruction as people still exist all over the earth.
EK 2 Pet 3:10 The whole earth is burned up - dissolved.

MK - When Jesus returns, he will restore all things. Acts 3:20-21 "
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
EK - Everything will be replaced, not restored. Rev 21:5 "Behold, I make all things new."

What happened to Rev 20:1-7?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren't all the things in Zechariah 14 just types of what will happen in the eternal kingdom?
3 differences between the millennial kingdom and the eternal kingdom
MK = Millennial Kingdom
EK = Eternal Kingdom

The disappearing earth
MK Zec 14:1-5 Current earth - no disappearing here.
EK Rev 20:11 "the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them."
EK Rev 21:1 "I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away"

The existence of seas
MK Zec 14:8 Living waters flow to seas.
EK Rev 21:1 "there was no more sea."

The amount of utter destruction.
MK Limited destruction as people still exist all over the earth.
EK 2 Pet 3:10 The whole earth is burned up - dissolved.

MK - When Jesus returns, he will restore all things. Acts 3:20-21 "
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
EK - Everything will be replaced, not restored. Rev 21:5 "Behold, I make all things new."

What happened to Rev 20:1-7?
You "Willfully" Disregard The Lords Fire, At His "Appearance" "Revealing" As Clearly Show Below

There Will Be No 1,000 Year Millennial Kingdom Upon This Earth, Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation?

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ?