• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gervais

Aug 3, 2009
Where do you start counting?
The number 666 is important but if you don’t know where to start counting you will have all ready worshipped the beast. So, where do you start counting?

Edit: tried to move this post to a different forum without success

Irish

Jan 31, 2010
Seeing how it is dealing with the last prophecy being proclaimed, this should be an interesting topic. Many people that don't know will be duped and give up there standing as a Christian, and not repent of it, why, because they will not know they are doing it. These #'s are very important!

Irish

Samuel Pickens

Feb 10, 2010
USA
Seeing how it is dealing with the last prophecy being proclaimed, this should be an interesting topic. Many people that don't know will be duped and give up there standing as a Christian, and not repent of it, why, because they will not know they are doing it. These #'s are very important!

Irish

One must also look at when. AD ~68 and the fallen Cesars as mention in their number of fallen and Nero (his name in Hebrew numbers 666) who was the first to persecute Christian in that prescribed manner and John explains further those things that were happening there and that day. this is a matter of history and easy to follow. During Nero there was also a writ in order to buy and sell one must have. However, it doesn't end there - the prophesy continues on down to this day and age. Nero's writ was of course not in the forehead or hand so leaving it for then and there but those incidents did happen as foretold by John to those Christians. Moving to 'today' that mark is necessary to buy and sell and its completeness will be one that everyone has to have in order to do business either corporate or private to the indivual. ----- off for a purpose..... gotta go..........

AugustRain

Feb 17, 2010
One must also look at when. AD ~68 and the fallen Cesars as mention in their number of fallen and Nero (his name in Hebrew numbers 666) who was the first to persecute Christian in that prescribed manner and John explains further those things that were happening there and that day. this is a matter of history and easy to follow. During Nero there was also a writ in order to buy and sell one must have. However, it doesn't end there - the prophesy continues on down to this day and age. Nero's writ was of course not in the forehead or hand so leaving it for then and there but those incidents did happen as foretold by John to those Christians. Moving to 'today' that mark is necessary to buy and sell and its completeness will be one that everyone has to have in order to do business either corporate or private to the indivual. ----- off for a purpose..... gotta go..........

The mark is not literaly in the forehead or the hand, it is in the grey matter of the forehead (your brain) and the hand is the works that you do. It is to know the distinction between the antichrist and Christ himself.

Reactions: Cassandra

Samuel Pickens

Feb 10, 2010
USA
The mark is not literaly in the forehead or the hand, it is in the grey matter of the forehead (your brain) and the hand is the works that you do. It is to know the distinction between the antichrist and Christ himself.

Where would that restrict the ability to do business and 'buy & sell'? Many do not believe that it is an identifying mark. Many think it is just imagined and only in the brain.

REV 13: 16-17 Very clear scriptural statement.

Re 13:17And that no man might buy [url=""]or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.[/url]

Irish

Jan 31, 2010
If you had a mark on your forehead, why would they need one on your hand.......couldn't they just scan the one? I'm being ludicrous to make a point. Buy and sell what? Check out the 10 virgins in Matthew, five wise, five foolish.......when the five asked for oil that didn't bring any extra,......they were told to go and buy of those that sold. For a deeper student,......what was the oil. some say truth, ok, not a bad answer, but you can do better than that!

Irish

Samuel Pickens

Feb 10, 2010
USA
One's thinking here may be: getting or having issued to the hand and people getting desprate may cut off a hand and use it at an ATM or???
Many models have been assumed.

It's to target 'groups' of dissenters or criminals or Christians. If you can go to a cashless society and have such a mark, then, control would be much easier.

See what the powers that be are wanting to implement and justify.......... It's coming.

I do not necessarily see that the "we'll be caught up together with Him in the air" as being pre-trib. but I do see that verse of scripture and it is plain and simple, we will be caught up with Christ in the air if we are alive at that time of His coming (an English word for this phenomenon would be, 'raptured' out to be with Christ). God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost are commonly described as the trinity but that word isn't in the Bible either. Common sense must be employed.

Irish

Jan 31, 2010
Ok, I'll pose a question. If I don't receive a literal mark on my forehead or hand, but am duped into believing in the anti-Christ and doing his bidding, am I still reckoned with those that have gained victory over the beast, mark, image, and number. If a group of five men, ( wait, make that ten, I'm really strong on internet forums :D) held me down and placed a mark on my forehead,.....then oh well, sucks to be me. It has to do with what you believe, and your works accordingly.

Here is another mark:

Ezekiel 9:4

[sup]4[/sup]And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

Sigh....Think thoughts
Cry.....Think action

Irish

gervais

Aug 3, 2009
Where do you start counting?
The number 666 is important but if you don’t know where to start counting you will have all ready worshipped the beast. So, where do you start counting?

Edit: tried to move this post to a different forum without success

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count(G5585) the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

G5585
ψηφίζω
psēphizō
psay-fid'-zo
From G5586; to use pebbles in enumeration, that is, (genitive case) to compute: - count.

The reason for this post was not to focus on 666 or the mark because if you focus on 666 you will be too late. By the time 666 is here you will have all ready worshipped the beast, the first beast, 594. It is all part of "a thousand two hungred and threescore," or 1260, the title of a message.

Samuel Pickens

Feb 10, 2010
USA
Obviously it is the turning off that caused the 'stand-out' and identifies the person. So that way the 'laying low' and out of sight, out of mind don't apply - you will be found out.

There will be great persecution. With the records we have of Christian persecution of some having their bellies split open and filled full of corn and staked out in hog pens for the hogs to eat the corn and then eat them alive and it's supposed to get worse.

One needs to go back to Nero and read the Ceasers before him and after and look at AD 70 and see exactly what happened against John's writtings. Now, I am not Preterist.......... but do not discount what happened. Take a hard look at this and you may dismiss pre-trib especialy when coupled to Rev 13:16-17.

Look at the Hebrew numbering system.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Obviously it is the turning off that caused the 'stand-out' and identifies the person. So that way the 'laying low' and out of sight, out of mind don't apply - you will be found out.

There will be great persecution. With the records we have of Christian persecution of some having their bellies split open and filled full of corn and staked out in hog pens for the hogs to eat the corn and then eat them alive and it's supposed to get worse.

One needs to go back to Nero and read the Ceasers before him and after and look at AD 70 and see exactly what happened against John's writtings. Now, I am not Preterist.......... but do not discount what happened. Take a hard look at this and you may dismiss pre-trib especialy when coupled to Rev 13:16-17.

Look at the Hebrew numbering system.

:blink: What on earth are you talking about???? Are you trying to be in this conversation or another one???

Samuel Pickens

Feb 10, 2010
USA
Sorry, only for the initated surveying the impleciation. I do not have time to educate you further right now. But you can search the web. It's been discussed for 50 or so years.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Sorry, only for the initated surveying the impleciation. I do not have time to educate you further right now. But you can search the web. It's been discussed for 50 or so years.

This is the nonsense I'm talking about.

Hamster

Jul 4, 2010
New Brunswick
Just a quick Note on Nero, He cannot be related to the mark because of one big reason

His reign was done and gone before Revelation was written

It can't be a prophetic writing if it's prophesying about the past.