7 MORE of the very best warnings given to the churches

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For those who just didn’t get enough of God’s warnings to the churches in the first thread,
“7 of the very best warnings given to the churches”, I have provided some additional ones!
All of these NT warnings are directed ONLY at the churches, which are ignored at your peril.
None of Jesus’ warnings in the 4 gospels are included.
Explanations of words are from Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words.

Romans 6:16-23 • “… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey,
whether (slaves) of sin leading to death (#2288), or (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness
… so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness
… For the wages of sin is death (#2288)”
• “death” – Strong’s #2288, “thanatos” – “the separation of man from God … Rom 5:12, John 5:24, 1 John 3:14”
They are born-again with a new nature, so they are free from being slaves of sin (plus they have the Holy Spirit).
But, since they have chosen to continue to be slaves of sin … they are on the “outs” with God.
It was high time for them to repent and get back in God’s plan of salvation!
There are several NT verses warning that obedience is necessary to receive salvation.
“He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.” (Hebrews 5:9) …
Jesus gospel was given as an invitation only – it was never given as a command to be obeyed.

2 Corinthians 7:1-10 • “For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it …
Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance …
For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation …”
Above is a real-life example of: we are required to repent of our sins to keep our salvation.
“But IF we walk in the light as He is in the light … the blood of Jesus Christ His Son
cleanses us from all sin. … IF we confess our sins, He is faithful and just
to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:7-9)
We need to walk in the light and repent of our sins to maintain our righteousness!

1 Timothy 6:9-12 • “But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare,
and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction (#684) and perdition.
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in
their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But you, O man of God,

flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life (#2222), to which you were also called”

• “destruction” – Strong’s #684, “apoleia” -- “of persons, signifying their spiritual and eternal perdition, Matthew 7:13”
“life” – Strong’s #2222, “zoe” – “Eternal life … it has moral associations which are
inseparable from it, as of holiness and righteousness … John 5:24, 1 John 3:14”
And 1 Timothy 6:17-19 also warns that believers can be caught up in greed, which can result in loss of salvation.
IMO, just being “called” does NOT guarantee spiritual success … the believer needs to choose to co-operate!

Hebrews 3:18-19 • “And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those
who did not obey? So, we see that they could not enter in (to God’s rest) because of unbelief.”
For the Jews, perhaps this meant God’s promised land … but for Gentiles, surely this means heaven.
“… let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it (His rest) … Let us therefore be
diligent … lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.” (Hebrews 4:1,11)
Disobedience proves unbelief, which shuts a person out of God’s rest (i.e. heaven).

James 1:12-16 • “Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved,
he will receive the crown of life (#2222) which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
… But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown,
brings forth death (#2288). Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.”

Those who love Jesus endure the temptation to sin, will be “approved”, and will be given the crown of (eternal) life.

Yes, it is easily proven from the NT that “the crown of life” refers to eternal life (even w/o considering the Greek)!
In the first thread (mentioned at the top), it was shown …

• in the 1 Corinthians 15 section – how critical it is to endure in the faith until the end of your life
• in the Revelation 2 section – how the faithful enduring believer is given the crown of (eternal) life

1 John 3:10 • “In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God”

“Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous” (1 John 3:7)
Paul said believers need to be slaves of obedience to attain righteousness (Romans 6:16).
There are 8 more NT verses, which warn about the necessity of working and practicing righteousness!

Revelation 22:14-15 • “Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have
the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city (New Jerusalem).
But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters,
and whoever loves and practices a lie.”
Here again, we see obedient overcomers being compared to sinners!
Believers who do His commandments gain access to the tree of life, and are welcomed into the city.
And here we have yet another NT “sin list”, which believers had better NOT be involved in!

NOT included in the above …
the warnings of Jesus in the 4 Gospels
the warnings in the first thread, “A perfect 7 warnings to the churches in the NT”
the 3 harshest condemning passages in the epistles (Hebrews 6:4-8 & 10:26-31, 2 Peter 2:20-22)
the several warnings about not being allowed into the kingdom of heaven

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zachary

You couldn't support your first seven. Once the hard questions came, you baled. Chow, remember.

You've got a list, google probably. And a remark, but no ability to sustain and prove what you say.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zachary said:
All I am basically doing is quoting Scripture, as most here can plainly see.
You're quoting Scriptures and by your remarks falsifying their intent. You bring legalism and condemnation to the believers.

Stranger

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stranger said:
You're quoting Scriptures and by your remarks falsifying their intent. You bring legalism and condemnation to the believers.
[SIZE=medium]Jesus says, [/SIZE]“If you love Me, keep My commandments.” -- John 14:15, 21, 23, 24
[SIZE=medium]Jesus says, [/SIZE]“You are My friends, if you do whatever I command you.” -- John 15:14
[SIZE=medium]Jesus says, [/SIZE]“My sheep … follow me. And I give them eternal life” -- John 10:27-28
[SIZE=medium]Jesus says, “this is eternal life, that they may know … Jesus Christ” -- John 17:3[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]John says, [/SIZE]“we know Him, if we keep His commandments.” -- 1 John 2:3
[SIZE=medium]Does anyone get to heaven ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]who does not love Jesus, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]who does not know Him,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]who does not follow Him, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]who does not keep His commandments, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]who is not His friend?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Yes, you are a Stranger to the ways and demands of the Lord Jesus Christ.[/SIZE]

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zachary said:
[SIZE=medium]Jesus says, [/SIZE]“If you love Me, keep My commandments.” -- John 14:15, 21, 23, 24
[SIZE=medium]Jesus says, [/SIZE]“You are My friends, if you do whatever I command you.” -- John 15:14
[SIZE=medium]Jesus says, [/SIZE]“My sheep … follow me. And I give them eternal life” -- John 10:27-28
[SIZE=medium]Jesus says, “this is eternal life, that they may know … Jesus Christ” -- John 17:3[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]John says, [/SIZE]“we know Him, if we keep His commandments.” -- 1 John 2:3
[SIZE=medium]Does anyone get to heaven who does not love Jesus, who does not know Him[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]and follow Him, who does not keep His commandments, who is not His friend?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Yes, you are a Stranger to the ways and demands of the Lord Jesus Christ.[/SIZE]
What is required to go to Heaven is to accept Christ as your Lord and Saviour. That is all.

Stranger

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stranger said:
What is required to go to Heaven is to accept Christ as your Lord and Saviour. That is all.
What are the 100+ dire warnings written to believers in the churches for?
Hint ... they were not written to unbelievers to get them saved.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zachary said:
What are the 100+ dire warnings written to believers in the churches for?
Hint ... they were not written to unbelievers to get them saved.
I told you in your first set of googled Scriptures. To which you would not respond. Just said 'chow'. So, address those before I go to all the trouble to repeat again what I have said. Just to have you run away again.

Stranger

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stranger said:
So, address those before I go to all the trouble to repeat again what I have said. Just to have you run away again.
Sorry, but IMO, you are unteachable.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Zachary said:
Sorry, but IMO, you are unteachable.
Some might say the same about u. You can't lose your salvation Zach. Otherwise, even those who have fallen asleep in Christ would be lost. Fallen asleep as in, DEAD. B) 1 Cor 15:12-18

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 2:16
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
NKJV

Rom 16:25-26
25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began
26 but now made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith —
NKJV

People should see which gospel they have placed their faith in.

The words "but now" are important.