7th. Day Of The Omer Count

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Monday 4-5-21 Nisan 22, 5781 2nd. day of the weekly cycle, 17th. Spring Day

Malchut of Chesed: Nobility in Loving-kindness

Psalm 119:49-56; I Cor. 13:1-8

Mature love comes with -- and brings -- personal dignity. An intimate feeling of nobility and regality. Knowing your special place and contribution in this world. Any love that is debilitating and breaks the human spirit is no love at all. For love to be complete it must have the dimension of personal sovereignty.

Exercise for the day: Highlight an aspect of your love that has bolstered your spirit and enriched your life...and celebrate

Love always, Walter and Debbie

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the Omer count?
Counting of the Omer (Hebrew: סְפִירַת הָעוֹמֶר‎, Sefirat HaOmer, sometimes abbreviated as Sefira or the Omer) is an important verbal counting of each of the forty-nine days starting with the Wave Offering of a sheaf of ripe grain with a sacrifice immediately following the commencement (Hebrew: רֵאשִׁית‎, reishit) of the grain harvest.

I was looking at some views about What is the Omer Count?

Counting The Omer Per Day As The Lord Commanded Unto The Day of Pentecost | Christian Forums @ Christianity Board

Daily Omer Meditation (aish.com)

Love, Walter

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Counting of the Omer (Hebrew: סְפִירַת הָעוֹמֶר‎, Sefirat HaOmer, sometimes abbreviated as Sefira or the Omer) is an important verbal counting of each of the forty-nine days starting with the Wave Offering of a sheaf of ripe grain with a sacrifice immediately following the commencement (Hebrew: רֵאשִׁית‎, reishit) of the grain harvest.

I was looking at some views about What is the Omer Count?

Counting The Omer Per Day As The Lord Commanded Unto The Day of Pentecost | Christian Forums @ Christianity Board

Daily Omer Meditation (aish.com)

Love, Walter
I didn't count any days yet so where do I start or begin?

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't count any days yet so where do I start or begin?
In the book of Leviticus Yahweh commands His people: “And ye shall COUNT UNTO YOU from the morrow after the sabbath [the Passover holy day] . . . seven weeks [correct translation] shall be complete: Even unto the morrow after the seventh week shall ye NUMBER FIFTY DAYS” (Lev.23:15-16). In this passage God commands His people to “count” seven weeks, from the day after the Passover high holy day, and to “number” or count fifty days. In Deuteronomy, God also commands: “Seven weeks shall you NUMBER unto thee: BEGIN TO NUMBER the seven weeks from such time as thou beginnest to put the sickle to the corn” (Deut.16:9). Notice! THREE TIMES God commands His people to “count” and to “number” the days between Passover and Pentecost -- the Feast of Weeks!

We have been Starting on the 2nd. Day Of Unleavened Bread, 1st. Day Of The Omer Count,

to day fifty, which is the day of Pentecost.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the book of Leviticus Yahweh commands His people: “And ye shall COUNT UNTO YOU from the morrow after the sabbath [the Passover holy day] . . . seven weeks [correct translation] shall be complete: Even unto the morrow after the seventh week shall ye NUMBER FIFTY DAYS” (Lev.23:15-16). In this passage God commands His people to “count” seven weeks, from the day after the Passover high holy day, and to “number” or count fifty days. In Deuteronomy, God also commands: “Seven weeks shall you NUMBER unto thee: BEGIN TO NUMBER the seven weeks from such time as thou beginnest to put the sickle to the corn” (Deut.16:9). Notice! THREE TIMES God commands His people to “count” and to “number” the days between Passover and Pentecost -- the Feast of Weeks!

2nd. Day Of Unleavened Bread, 1st. Day Of The Omer Count,

to day fifty, which is the day of Pentecost.
Okay..so I can go back and catch up...or just follow you...:)

Reactions: WalterandDebbie