A church forsaken?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my view there's a holy mandate to say this, despite any ensuing enmity. From the time probably before Joshua at least, the prophets did declare that God's people, turn back (Acts 3:19; Acts 3:21; Joshua 8:31), not from, to former ways.

Adam fell 3 times in the garden. Transgression when he ate. Neglect of duty when they sewed fig leaves. Corruption when they hid among the trees. The garden (assigned) deprecated; and today, earth is an awful place for the same awful pattern.

Jeremiah said it best I think: "Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein." 6:16

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Roman Catholicism was very modern when Constantine introduced it dogmatically in the 4th century AD, according to histories. It was "progressive," and at enmity with God. Other orthodox forms are also at enmity.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Roman Catholicism was very modern when Constantine introduced it dogmatically in the 4th century AD, according to histories. It was "progressive," and at enmity with God. Other orthodox forms are also at enmity.

Hello Bartholomew,

Ironic that you're doing exactly what Jeremiah warns against: 'But they said, We will not walk therein'

Here is Justin Martyr about 150 AD (long before Constantine)

"And on the day called Sunday, all who live in cities or in the country gather together to one place, and the memoirs of the apostles or the writings of the prophets are read, as long as time permits; then, when the reader has ceased, the president verbally instructs, and exhorts to the imitation of these good things. Then we all rise together and pray, and, as we before said, when our prayer is ended, bread and wine and water are brought, and the president in like manner offers prayers and thanksgivings, according to his ability, and the people assent, saying Amen; and there is a distribution to each, and a participation of that over which thanks have been given, and to those who are absent a portion is sent by the deacons."

you can find that here: Saint Justin Martyr: First Apology (Roberts-Donaldson)

recognizably the same Divine Liturgy celebrated around the world today..

"On the testimony of two or three witnesses a fact shall be established."

The Church in Rome, the Church in Alexandria and the Church in Constantinople are 3, 2000 year old living witnesses to the Truth of the Eucharist.

Where is the 2000 year old Christian community that says otherwise?

Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Reactions: historyb

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus gave two forms of peace. That of men; and of God: "Peace I leave with you. My peace I give you."

Peace you may keep. His peace I have.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Antichrist appeared near the end of the first century AD, according to 1 John 2:18-27. If we accept the traditional chronologies.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The people urged Aaron to revert way back to Egypt. But it wasn't for them to revert to Egypt, but to Abraham.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it appears the church at large will indeed revert dangerously to Rome; so I say because, recent changes in the communion ordinance are uniform everywhere, after Rome's pattern.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my view there's a holy mandate to say this, despite any ensuing enmity. From the time probably before Joshua at least, the prophets did declare that God's people, turn back (Acts 3:19; Acts 3:21; Joshua 8:31), not from, to former ways.

Adam fell 3 times in the garden. Transgression when he ate. Neglect of duty when they sewed fig leaves. Corruption when they hid among the trees. The garden (assigned) deprecated; and today, earth is an awful place for the same awful pattern.

Jeremiah said it best I think: "Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein." 6:16

So let me get this straight. God who doesn't change all of sudden decided to change in how He wanted Church which comes from God's Temple? Then God tells evangelicals to spread the message that He did an opps in Scripture and actually does change. Wow

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So let me get this straight. God who doesn't change all of sudden decided to change in how He wanted Church which comes from God's Temple? Then God tells evangelicals to spread the message that He did an opps in Scripture and actually does change. Wow

You're putting the cart before the horse. It was (always) the people rushing ahead, with the world. But as early as Noah's father Lamech, and Enosh' generations, there was a tiny resistance to those pushing modernity (in those days Cain's decendants were industrialists, and builders of cities; Seth's, that is Abel's kinsman-redeemer's descendants were still toiling with their hands).

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're putting the cart before the horse. It was (always) the people rushing ahead, with the world. But as early as Noah's father Lamech, and Enosh' generations, there was a tiny resistance to those pushing modernity (in those days Cain's decendants were industrialists, and builders of cities; Seth's, that is Abel's kinsman-redeemer's descendants were still toiling with their hands).

No it's you thinking you know everything because you have a Bible. Truth is you have no authority and are just coming up with nothing more than conspiracy theories. You think your special as if all this was revealed to you, it's hogwash. Must you people be so full of pride all the time

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it's you thinking you know everything because you have a Bible. Truth is you have no authority and are just coming up with nothing more than conspiracy theories. You think your special as if all this was revealed to you, it's hogwash. Must you people be so full of pride all the time

You don't even know me. I'm judging your answers, and I'm judging contemporary Christianity based on 25 years of careful, fearful, study, and faithful experience in the church. You're carelessly judging your opponent, in pride and in spite.

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is exactly one conspiracy: psalm 2. Jesus never said not; Isaiah only said, "don't call conspiracy everything these people call conspiracy."

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The difference is you're content with the status quo. I do what Paul said, even in the next verse after 1 Cor 13.

Reactions: amadeus

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How is it hb that you are so fearful of stepping outside the RC box in viewing history? .....which is kind of odd given your moniker.
BJ has got valid points.....reverting to the ways of the world and to the dominant religious system has plagued those who deem themselves God's people from the outset. The call is to overcome.....to beat the convenient, the hand clapping approval of group think be it secular or religious.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors Matt 16:18 18:18 jn 10:16 jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

all Constantine did was call a council at nicea, not start a new church for no man has authority to found a church!

In calling a council the church leaders the bishops the successors of the apostles were gathered together proving that the church and the bishops already existed!

The church was not started by Constantine but by Christ!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Teaching authority of the Apostles and their successors in the church founded in the one true founded by Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ is the head of the church, (eph 5:23) the body of Christ,
(col 1:18) the new and eternal covenant, (pre-figured Jer 31:31) (Heb 8:8) new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, (Heb 8:13) Christ replaces David as king, (Lk 1:32-33) Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, (1 Tim 2:5 & Heb 12:24) but a mediator remains on earth mediating between God and His people, but Christ ascended to heaven, (acts 1) before He did He founded His church, on Peter, and the apostles, and their successors!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 2:42 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

————————-

The obedience of faith!

Rom 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name.

Taught the one true faith revealed by Christ to His apostles! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3
——————————-