• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Something that is interesting to note, is that "all our works are as filthy rags" because "all have sinned and fallen short".''

A person thinks......"well, now that im saved, my works are clean".
No, they are not. They are exactly the same deeds that can be performed by an unbeliever.

Think of it like this....>An unbeliever wants to be like Christ, so they go to India and feed street orphans for 66 yrs.
Then they die, and go to hell.

Then, you have a believer, who goes to India and this one worked side by side with the unbeliever who went to hell.
The Believer dies, 2 weeks later, and goes to Heaven.

Whats the problem?
They both did the same WORKS< for 66 ys., yet one didnt go to heaven, and that is because God wil NEVER accept your works to accept you.

Here is the meditation......>God accepts what He did on the Cross, to accept you.""
Why?
Because He came Here, and Died, and He accepts ONLY THAT.... because that Life till Christ's DEATH is sinless, and kept the law.
God only accepts what HE did for you....He never accepts your deeds, as your deeds belong to a SINNER.
And after you are saved, your deeds are just deeds....nothing more.
An UNBELIEVER can do the same works you do.
Understand, Reader. ?

A.) The BELIEVER, by FAITH = was given this that God did for them, and so, God accepted them, and they are in Heaven.

B.) .The Unbeliever, never received what GOD DID ON THE CROSS FOR THEM, so, the unbeliever spent 66yrs trying to be like Christ and died and went to hell like a bullet.
Thousands and thousands just like this die and go to hell every day.

Now, reader, do you see the value of your Works, AS COMPARED to what God did on the Cross for you?

All who can see this, can understand that works have no part to play in going to heaven..... none.
Here is how you go to heaven....> You believe THIS... John 14:6, and you call on HIM, by FAITH, and "faith is counted as righteousness".
And to see this, is to take your first step into the understanding of "The GIFT of Salvation", and "The GIFT of Righteousness".

I kid you not. There are believers who are saved 75 yrs and still cannot understnd that they can't work their way into heaven.
And they will die trying.
Dont be that one.
Instead... give God and Christ all the credit due them for saving you and keeping you saved.
Do it every day.....and not just once a day.
Make it a habit to praise them for what they have done for you.

Last edited:

Avagabond

Feb 22, 2022
Thunder Bay Ontario
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Canada
-
Something that is interesting to note, is that "all our works are as filthy rag" because "all have sinned and fallen short".''

A person thinks......"well, now that im saved, my works are clean".
No, they are not. They are exactly the same deeds that can be performed by an unbeliever.

Think of it like this....>An unbeliever wants to be like Christ, so they go to India and feed street orphans for 66 yrs.
Then they die, and go to hell.

Then, you have a believer, who goes to India and this one worked side by side with the unbeliever who went to hell.
The Believer dies, 2 weeks later, and goes to Heaven.

Whats the problem?
They both did the same WORKS< for 66 ys., yet one didnt go to heaven, and that is because God wil NEVER accept your works to accept you.

Here is the meditation......>God accepts what He did on the Cross, to accept you.""
Why?
Because He came Here, and Died, and He accepts ONLY THAT.... because that Life till Christ's DEATH is sinless, and kept the law.
God only accepts what HE did for you....He never accepts your deeds, as your deeds belong to a SINNER.
And after you are saved, your deeds are just deeds....nothing more.
An UNBELIEVER can do the same works you do.
Understand, Reader. ?

A.) The BELIEVER, by FAITH = was given this that God did for them, and so, God accepted them, and they are in Heaven.

B.) .The Unbeliever, never received what GOD DID ON THE CROSS FOR THEM, so, the unbeliever spent 66yrs trying to be like Christ and died and went to hell like a bullet.
Thousands and thousands just like this die and go to hell every day.

Now, reader, do you see the value of your Works, AS COMPARED to what God did on the Cross for you?

All who can see this, can understand that works have no part to play in going to heaven..... none.
Here is how you go to heaven....> You believe THIS... John 14:6, and you call on HIM, by FAITH, and "faith is counted as righteousness".
And to see this, is to take your first step into the understanding of "The GIFT of Salvation", and "The GIFT of Righteousness".

I kid you not. There are believers who are saved 75 yrs and still cannot understnd that they can't work their way into heaven.
And they will die trying.
Dont be that one.
Instead... give God and Christ all the credit due them for saving you and keeping you saved.
Do it every day.....and not just once a day.
Make it a habit to praise them for what they have done for you.
Interesting, what he did on the cross?
He knew that in three days he would rise from the dead at sit at the right hand of the Father until all his enemies were put under his feet.
He knew he would reign forever and ever, what’s the big sacrifice?
We have many, many men sacrificing themselves for a handful of virgins.
We had thousands of Vikings willing dying on the battle field just to be a part of Valhalla, never mind the leader.
We also had Japanese doing kamikaze missions to kill their enemy, not sure if they were promised anything.
What did Jesus truly sacrifice dying on the cross? Sounds like he had a lot to gain.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What did Jesus truly sacrifice dying on the cross? Sounds like he had a lot to gain.

His "gain" is to have you join him after you die.
That's why He died on the Cross.

Here is the thing, and you remember i told you this, Avagabond..
If you were only person on earth, God still would have sent His Son to the Cross to pay for all your sin.

Now..
Your day to die, is sooner then you think, and you can't avoid it by trying to prove that you want to be a ultra-cynic.
See, dying day comes for us all, and when that finds you, then all your little smart remarks, that that you think are so clever, are not going to save you then.
But Jesus died so that, people like you.......can be with him.
Even people like you.
And this love, you wont find it anywhere else, as, here is the Thing about God's love.... He died for people like you that have no respect for His Son, and enjoy showing your disrespect in Public.
See that? See yourself?
That is how much that God loves you. He loves you, even as you are, and that's pretty amazing when you consider what you've said about His Son.

So, you remember that when your day comes to leave your body, and go through the door of death,... you remember that God is waiting for you on the other side, and you 2 have a meeting.
And you thinking that the grave is the end.....Well you can forget that silly notion.
Fella, the grave is not the end, and your Death is just a door that leads to eternity.
And you are going.
Believe it.

What you have to decide......is this.
Will you meet God as your JUDGE< or as your Father. ?

Im meeting Him as my Father, because i took His Son to be my Savior.
I trusted Jesus in my heart, and God made me His son, because i did.
He'll do the same for you.
I invite you to do the same, one day, when you have something better to do then Mock the Son of God.

So you remember what i told you., as you'll need it, Avagabond.
Believe it.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did Jesus truly sacrifice dying on the cross? Sounds like he had a lot to gain.....

I’m sure it was a walk in the park.....why don't you try it sometime....being flayed and skinned alive by metal whips and having your beard pulled out ,etc before you even “ went” to the cross—-it’s all just a good way to kill an afternoon....hanging naked and being able to look down and see every bone in your body exposed....it was said that NO man had ever suffered like this.....and then for the enormously fun topper to all of this, His Father, whom He has never been separated from, “ Forsook” Him....Some think that this was the worst thing of all....

Jesus did not have to go to the Cross....He could have gone back to Heaven and not a word would have been said—- He did not have to do it and we sure as hell did not deserve it.....yeah, you are on to a little something—- the Bible “ does” say that Jesus “ endured the shame of the Cross for the Joy set before Him”...... so you “ got” That.....what you “ don’t get” is That no matter what happened AFTER His Ascension back to Heaven, the #1 thing that KEPT Him on that Agonizing Cross was His unfathomable Love for us...” Greater Love hath no man than he that lays down his life for another———
even Atheistic and Agnostic Fools That have had their eyes blinded by Satan........

“The Cross is Foolishness to those that Perish” .....I would be eager to hear your insightful “ take” on THAT verse—— or this one —- “The Fool has said there is no GOD” .....

This is all springing from the mind of a former “Fool” —- I used to be an Atheist/Agnostic Fool myself...Here is some Wisdom for you I hope that you can appreciate someday.....Pray for God to reveal Himself to you and give you “ eyes to see and ears to hear”......God does not need you —- you can add Nothing to Him.....”NOBODY comes to God lest the Spirit draw him”..... You had best get on your knees and pray REAL hard that God sends His Spirit your way....

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Exactly!

Much love!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador