A Covenant with Blood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

OneIsTheWord

Sep 10, 2021
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 13:7-9 Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines.
For it is good that the heart is established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them.
Mal 3:5-7And I will come near you for judgment; I will be a swift witness Against sorcerers, Against adulterers, Against perjurers, Against those who exploit wage earners and widows and orphans, And against those who turn away an alien-- Because they do not fear Me," Says the Lord of hosts. "For I am the Lord, I do not change; Therefore, you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.
Yet from the days of your fathers, You have gone away from My ordinances And have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you," Says the Lord of hosts. "But you said, 'In what way shall we return?'

Gen 15:9-18 So He said to him, "Bring Me a three-year-old heifer, a three-year-old female goat, a three-year-old ram, a turtledove, and a young pigeon."
Then he brought all these to Him and cut them in two, down the middle, and placed each piece opposite the other; but he did not cut the birds in two.
And when the vultures came down on the carcasses, Abram drove them away.
Now when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and behold, horror and great darkness fell upon him.
Then He said to Abram: "Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years.
And also the nation whom they serve I will judge; afterward, they shall come out with great possessions.
Now as for you, you shall go to your fathers in peace; you shall be buried at a good old age.
But in the fourth generation, they shall return here, for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet complete."

And it came to pass when the sun went down and it was dark, that behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a burning torch that passed between those pieces.
On the same day, the Lord made a covenant with Abram

Gen 15:17-18 And it came to pass when the sun went down and it was dark, that behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a burning torch that passed between those pieces.
On the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram.

Gen 2:25 (NKJV) And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
Gen 3:19-22 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken; For dust you are, And to dust, you shall return."
And Adam called his wife's name Eve because she was the mother of all living.
Also for Adam and his wife the Lord God made tunics of skin, and clothed them.
Then the Lord God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil.
This is the first bloodshed of animal skins to clothe Adam and Eve for their sins
Gen 17:9-14 And God said to Abraham: "As for you, you shall keep My covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations.
This is My covenant which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: Every male child among you shall be circumcised, and you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between Me and you.
He who is eight days old among you shall be circumcised, every male child in your generations, he who is born in your house or bought with money from any foreigner who is not your descendant.
He who is born in your house and he who is bought with your money must be circumcised, and My covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant. And the uncircumcised male child, who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that person shall be cut off from his people; he has broken My covenant."
This is the first bloodshed covenant with Abraham circumcised the flesh
1 Chron 21:26-28 And David built there an altar to the Lord, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings, and called on the Lord, and He answered him from heaven by fire on the altar of burnt offering.
So the Lord commanded the angel, and he returned his sword to its sheath.
At that time, when David saw that the Lord had answered him on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite, he sacrificed there.
The burnt offerings of Blood on the altar with David and God at the altar
Ex 12:7 And they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the lintel of the houses where they eat it.
This is bloodshed covenant with the firstborn
Gen 8:1 Then God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the animals that were with him in the ark. And God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters subsided.
Ex 2:24-25 So God heard their groaning, and God remembered His covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.
And God looked upon the children of Israel, and God acknowledged them.
God remembered his covenant
Deut 12:20-28 When the Lord your God enlarges your border as He has promised you, and you say, 'Let me eat meat,' because you long to eat meat, you may eat as much meat as your heart desires.
If the place where the Lord your God chooses to put His name is too far from you, then you may slaughter from your herd and from your flock which the Lord has given you, just as I have commanded you, and you may eat within your gates as much as your heart desires.
Just as the gazelle and the deer are eaten, so you may eat them; the unclean and the clean alike may eat them.
Only be sure that you do not eat the blood, for the blood is the life; you may not eat the life with the meat.
You shall not eat it; you shall pour it on the earth like water.
You shall not eat it, that it may go well with you and your children after you, when you do what is right in the sight of the Lord.
Only the holy things which you have, and your vowed offerings, you shall take and go to the place which the Lord chooses.
And you shall offer your burnt offerings, the meat, and the blood, on the altar of the Lord your God; and the blood of your sacrifices shall be poured out on the altar of the Lord your God, and you shall eat the meat.
Observe and obey all these words which I command you, that it may go well with you and your children after you forever when you do what is good and right in the sight of the Lord your God.

Heb 9:11-25 But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation.
Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.
For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
And for this reason, He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
For a testament is in force after men are dead since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and goats, with water, scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, saying, "This is the blood of the covenant which God has commanded you."
Then likewise he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle and all the vessels of the ministry.
And according to the law, almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood, there is no remission.
Therefore it was necessary that the copies of the things in the heavens should be purified with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;
not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another--

1 Peter 3:18-20 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit,
by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison,
who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water.