A DEEP BREATH CHANGES YOUR MIND

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Most of us developed world types have very poor breathing habits, some people even get necrosis at the bottom of their lungs! You should breathe "from" your 7th chakra. Fwiw you can also sway people who exhibit unclear cog...thinking to your pov using subtle strategies to, basically, get them to breathe correctly for a minute. If only it worked on forums lol

https://quartzy.qz.com/1132986/neur...-how-exactly-a-deep-breath-changes-your-mind/

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of us developed world types have very poor breathing habits, some people even get necrosis at the bottom of their lungs! You should breathe "from" your 7th chakra. Fwiw you can also sway people who exhibit unclear cog...thinking to your pov using subtle strategies to, basically, get them to breathe correctly for a minute. If only it worked on forums lol

https://quartzy.qz.com/1132986/neur...-how-exactly-a-deep-breath-changes-your-mind/

You mention Nehushtan often.

I am asking you to consider and weigh what I am about to share. This is probably where I get kicked off the site since I am sure many today would disagree but I must say it: Mysticism can also be a form of idolatry. I was swept up in vibrations of crystals as a form of healing. There are huge stones in my yard that I use to lay on in the warm sun believing that they somehow pulled negative energy out of my body. I am sorry but this is no different from...Nehushtan.

It is worship of something other than God. I was caught up in it until He told me it was wrong to put faith in those things. Maybe you are not holding those things to a high standard above God as I was...but I do care about you and wanted to share a hard truth I had to acknowledge.

Exodus 7:11 KJV

[11] Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.

Romans 1:25 KJV
[25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Mysticism is a major problem in the church today and is leading many away from God rather than toward Him.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mysticism can also be a form of idolatry.
I was swept up in vibrations of crystals as a form of healing.
There are huge stones in my yard that I use to lay on in the warm sun believing that they somehow pulled negative energy out of my body.
I am sorry but this is no different from...Nehushtan.

It is worship of something other than God. I was caught up in it until He told me it was wrong to put faith in those things. Maybe you are not holding those things to a high standard above God as I was...but I do care about you and wanted to share a hard truth I had to acknowledge.

Mysticism is a major problem in the church today and is leading many away from God rather than toward Him.
Well, Epsom salts, salt water ...just a shower can pull, wash away negative energy...negative or positive energy are not some mystical words, btw.

You weren't worshipping rocks or idolizing them because you recognized some power in them.
You could carry this to many things and never take an aspirin that takes away a headache...or drink water that cleanses and washes your tissues.
Or breathe in oxygen that leaves put out for you...don't use anything on this earth...
Theresa Newman basically did that.
Just how I see it....for all I know you actually were idolizing the crystal and warm rocks.

Btw, do you see doctors? Why? Ask God to heal you of anything, then.
I do not say this mockingly as some do on forums...rely on God for everything...nothing wrong with that! :]
And guess what...look inside, look at the sunset, look under a rock...you will find Him there.

Last edited:

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Neuroscientists have identified how exactly a deep breath changes your mind
Saw an interesting thing the other day, showing that scientists have now proven that the ancient chakra's are in fact true..We do have an 'alignment' system in our bodies, 'controlling' various parts of our bodies....I guess as Christians though, we should not be so obsessed with the body...But I thought it astounding that people worked out those chakra's all that time ago, and lets face it, many many Christians are living with physical problems, so if it helps, why not ? As long as nothing of it becomes an idol to us, like so many other things have become......

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Saw an interesting thing the other day, showing that scientists have now proven that the ancient chakra's are in fact true..We do have an 'alignment' system in our bodies, 'controlling' various parts of our bodies....I guess as Christians though, we should not be so obsessed with the body...But I thought it astounding that people worked out those chakra's all that time ago, and lets face it, many many Christians are living with physical problems, so if it helps, why not ? As long as nothing of it becomes an idol to us, like so many other things have become......
ya, my mom had that resistance, until i pointed out that eating an American Diet is literally idolizing garbage. Yes, it might initially seem that you are having to get all "into" it, but that is only because most of our eating habits are so completely whacked, one is basically having to relearn how to eat. I don't even think about food now; even though you were talking about chakras lol, which imo are just more accurate descriptions of body centers than the allopathic ones, ya.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You mention Nehushtan often.

I am asking you to consider and weigh what I am about to share. This is probably where I get kicked off the site since I am sure many today would disagree but I must say it: Mysticism can also be a form of idolatry. I was swept up in vibrations of crystals as a form of healing. There are huge stones in my yard that I use to lay on in the warm sun believing that they somehow pulled negative energy out of my body. I am sorry but this is no different from...Nehushtan.

Exodus 7:11 KJV

[11] Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.

Romans 1:25 KJV
[25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Definitely is a problem in the Church today, a lot of Christians mix up their Jesus spiritual activities with non-Christian spiritual activities, and light and darkness don't mix, it can get pretty messy, someone might go to Church one day and then go to a psychic or witchdoctor the next, or go practice some new age activity, there are 2 sides to the supernatural, the supernatural that Jesus taught us, are the powers of the Holy Spirit, the Light, then as you say Pharoah used the otherside of the supernatural, he looked towards the powers of darkness, the powers of witchcraft, the demonic powers of Satan, and used sorcerers, magicians, and God knows what other forms of witchcraft he looked to.

Of course the supernatural is very important though, it is how healings, resurrections, praying in tongues, prophecies and other wonderful stuff happens, but we are meant stick to God's ways when it comes to the supernatural through the Holy Spirit. And you know being still in His presence, taking deep breaths, pauses, silence, meditating on what you read in the Bible an hour ago are good practices when you spend time with God, they are great ways to relaxing and taking your mind off the world and focusing on Jesus, God's word, letting him speak to you in one way or another, whether if it's audible hearing God by ear or hearing God's word through your heart, or the Holy Spirit bringing something to your understanding, or by even seeing, it's so very important.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could be a reaction to paternalism, authoritarianism, legalism, and righteous indignation, which is common in many Christian Churches, VictoryinChrist. We are a reactionary culture and like to overcorrect

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Neuroscientists have identified how exactly a deep breath changes your mind
About 10 years ago I had a collapsed lung. Not once, but twice within a month. Since then I have taken up cycling and am a decent (not great, but good) athlete in long distance sports.

That was a good article and I agree! I qualify my opinion because I had to learn quite a bit about breathing.

As for the practical implications to forum discussions... I think I understand what you are saying. It comes down to not succumbing to knee jerk reactions. If that's your point i agree and have been guilty myself.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
About 10 years ago I had a collapsed lung. Not once, but twice within a month. Since then I have taken up cycling and am a decent (not great, but good) athlete in long distance sports.

That was a good article and I agree! I qualify my opinion because I had to learn quite a bit about breathing.

As for the practical implications to forum discussions... I think I understand what you are saying. It comes down to not succumbing to knee jerk reactions. If that's your point i agree and have been guilty myself.
ha, i really only got the last part just now believe it or not. i come here expecting to get roasted, and i don't even know how to personally identify with my beliefs. i did used to though, i remember that, but somehow i can't even do it on purpose now. knee jerks are great bc they reveal, imo, i pray someone gives me a knee jerk today even

Ok, as i was seeing/reposting this last night or whenever, i dimly saw that the thread title was going to have a soothing effect in some thread that i was not even really involved in, yes, but really, enough deep breaths will even make you hallucinate lol. Breathing from your 7th chakra cannot be understated/sold imo

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, i really only got the last part just now believe it or not. i come here expecting to get roasted, and i don't even know how to personally identify with my beliefs. i did used to though, i remember that, but somehow i can't even do it on purpose now. knee jerks are great bc they reveal, imo, i pray someone gives me a knee jerk today
I emboldened those words because they were what I liked most about your post. Some people probably ignore those knee jerks too often and as a result don't recognize any more [if they ever did] when God is speaking to them. Sometimes it may not be what we first thought it was, but it is good to be paying attention.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I emboldened those words because they were what I liked most about your post. Some people probably ignore those knee jerks too often and as a result don't recognize any more [if they ever did] when God is speaking to them. Sometimes it may not be what we first thought it was, but it is good to be paying attention.
it's hard even when you know, but it gets easier i guess. i hope! lol

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's hard even when you know, but it gets easier i guess. i hope! lol
Perhaps you, or we, are saying it gets easier to become sheep or to be sheep or to remain sheep.

I can remember asking people how one becomes one of his sheep, and rarely did anyone have a clue as to how to do it... and yet if we are NOT his sheep, how can we hear his voice? If we are not his sheep how can we can we become his sheep so as to be able to hear properly?

"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:4-5

"I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine." John 10:14

Reactions: pia

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Mysticism is the bedfellow to the idea of the immortality of the soul. The rise of spiritualism in the churches is no surprise. It goes hand in hand with with these ideas.

Reactions: bbyrd009