A Dream of Burning

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm in an older part of town. The houses are all painted stucco, dull colors, close to the street. Electric and telephone lines are everywhere. I'm seeing if I can find any supplies. It's hard to find things. And there aren't many people on the streets these days. And then, I realize, He's coming today.

I start heading back home. I want to make sure I am with my wife. The first earthquake is fairly mild, but I know I need to hurry. Soon the quakes are growing stronger, closer together, almost knocking me off my feet. A couple more blocks to go. Burning sulfur is falling, fist sized rocks, starting fires, cracks appear in the pavement as the shaking becomes continuous. Smoke swirls through the sky.

I turn the corner to my street, and I see my wife ahead! I start running towards her, and as I get close I realize she is staring up at the sky. I stand beside her, looking. 10 minutes ago this was a partly cloudy day, the sky grey behind grey clouds. Now a deep dull red glow, like iron left in a fire, fills the sky. We feel the heat baking down on us.

The earthquakes are getting stronger still. Trees and wires are falling, houses breaking into pieces, more and more fires as larger boulders of brimstone slam into the ground. We want to get away from the city!

The ground is pitching and rocking, breaking into pieces, widening cracks filling with molten rock are swallowing everything, the heat from the sky is immense, melting our shoes, everthing that can melt is melting, everything that can burn is burning in the fervent heat.

The sky above us is a burning furnace, all the topsoil is burned away, now we are standing on a slab of the crust floating in a sea of lava, flames leaping into the sky, we can see another slab like ours, some people holding onto it's surface as it tips, sliding into the flames.

Brimstone like burning houses falls like rain. the city skyline is ghostly, transparent, as it melts into the earth. The red iron glow fills the world. Our little island of rock is melting into the molten sea as all is burned away.

We see in the sky as a pinpoint of brightness appears, and the sky opens with heaven's pure light, and Jesus returns.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm in an older part of town. The houses are all painted stucco, dull colors, close to the street. Electric and telephone lines are everywhere. I'm seeing if I can find any supplies. It's hard to find things. And there aren't many people on the streets these days. And then, I realize, He's coming today.

I start heading back home. I want to make sure I am with my wife. The first earthquake is fairly mild, but I know I need to hurry. Soon the quakes are growing stronger, closer together, almost knocking me off my feet. A couple more blocks to go. Burning sulfur is falling, fist sized rocks, starting fires, cracks appear in the pavement as the shaking becomes continuous. Smoke swirls through the sky.

I turn the corner to my street, and I see my wife ahead! I start running towards her, and as I get close I realize she is staring up at the sky. I stand beside her, looking. 10 minutes ago this was a partly cloudy day, the sky grey behind grey clouds. Now a deep dull red glow, like iron left in a fire, fills the sky. We feel the heat baking down on us.

The earthquakes are getting stronger still. Trees and wires are falling, houses breaking into pieces, more and more fires as larger boulders of brimstone slam into the ground. We want to get away from the city!

The ground is pitching and rocking, breaking into pieces, widening cracks filling with molten rock are swallowing everything, the heat from the sky is immense, melting our shoes, everthing that can melt is melting, everything that can burn is burning in the fervent heat.

The sky above us is a burning furnace, all the topsoil is burned away, now we are standing on a slab of the crust floating in a sea of lava, flames leaping into the sky, we can see another slab like ours, some people holding onto it's surface as it tips, sliding into the flames.

Brimstone like burning houses falls like rain. the city skyline is ghostly, transparent, as it melts into the earth. The red iron glow fills the world. Our little island of rock is melting into the molten sea as all is burned away.

We see in the sky as a pinpoint of brightness appears, and the sky opens with heaven's pure light, and Jesus returns.

Out of curiosity, is this an actual dream you had, or a fictional narrative depicting you having a dream? : )

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that's interesting. Are you pre-trib or post-trip?
Personally, I find it to be eschatologically all wrong, in many ways.

Myself, I think the church will be raptured at around the 5-6 seal, opening on the day the 70th week begins, as Gog & Magog et al are invading Israel, during the world wide earthquake that marks the beginning of the sudden destruction, and the launch of the beast empire.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if it's not? :) Eschatologically I personally agree with it. But I didn't think you did, so I was asking : )
Well, in my dream, this was Jesus' Second Coming, but He's not returning to the slagged earth, that will be later, I think!

But even in a "post-trib" eschatology, I was out looking for an open store, and it was like a normal day, just no one around. By the day Jesus does return, all rapture considerations aside, it's not going to be so unimpacted, that we'll be out shopping.

OK, so more details . . . I wasn't "marked". And I was holding on to actually be there when Jesus came.

So, knowing that, no one who is looking for Jesus at the end of the 70th week will be out looking for an open store, it wouldn't matter if I found one, I couldn't buy anything.

To me this is an impossible mix of pre-wrath, post-trib, and the end of the millennial kingdom.

I actually dreamed this maybe 15-20 years ago.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But even in a "post-trib" eschatology, I was out looking for an open store, and it was like a normal day, just no one around. By the day Jesus does return, all rapture considerations aside, it's not going to be so unimpacted, that we'll be out shopping.

:)

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
To me this is an impossible mix of pre-wrath, post-trib, and the end of the millennial kingdom.

No need. Just responding is all.

Amazing that you would remember it that long. That's often a sign that it wasn't just an ordinary dream, you know : )

But no biggie. I'm not up for a rapture debate, which is where this would go. Just thought I'd say I found it interesting.

Peace!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:)

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

No need. Just responding is all.

Amazing that you would remember it that long. That's often a sign that it wasn't just an ordinary dream, you know : )

But no biggie. I'm not up for a rapture debate, which is where this would go. Just thought I'd say I found it interesting.

Peace!
I'm not interested in this thread being a rapture debate, that's for sure!

To be sure, you are the reason I posted this dream. I've long remembered it, as I've remembered many dreams I've had.

The one where I stole a single seater space ship from a guy's garage as I was being chased by FBI hit men, so I got away to this planetoid sort of place, was like several square miles of town and country laid out on a slab of rock, floating in space maybe outside the asteroid belt, all the machinery underneath. I lived there for a couple of weeks, skulking about in the back ways, staying out of sight, mostly in this old barn style garage much like the one in my childhood, till I figured I could fly back to earth, so I did, and parked the guy's thing in his driveway. This was maybe 10 years ago . . . guessing here. I could add a lot more detail, but I'm more into the burning dream right now. Seriously, I've had a lifetime of fantastical dreaming.

I've had dreams which I'm certain were spiritual in nature. Maybe that's the thing. I've had certainty about them. This, though was just a dream.

I remember my first lucid dream, I was maybe 5 years old, and the moon was chasing me over these grassy rolling hills, it was the eye of a giant who would eat me if he caught me, and when I came to my back door, I was standing inside trying to pull it shut, so I could get the screwdriver we kept in the hasp in place, while the giant was pulling against it.

Much love!

Much love!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Well, in my dream, this was Jesus' Second Coming, but He's not returning to the slagged earth, that will be later, I think!

OK, so more details . . . I wasn't "marked". And I was holding on to actually be there when Jesus came.

So, knowing that, no one who is looking for Jesus at the end of the 70th week will be out looking for an open store, it wouldn't matter if I found one, I couldn't buy anything.

Much love!
Yet you shared it now for a reason, the same reason I posted the prophecy of John Fenn. We know in our spirit things are coming to a head.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet you shared it now for a reason, the same reason I posted the prophecy of John Fenn. We know in our spirit things are coming to a head.
Actually, perhaps a slightly different reason. While provocative, I really do think it was just a dream. But that's why I chose this one to share. It's like it just cries out for interetation. Yet it doesn't fit any scenario I know of Scripture. I've never felt there was any deeper meaning.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had dream one time, it was a spiritual attack, of especially deep wickedness, and I was not ready for it.

If I've ever heard God in an audible voice, I think it was Him calling my name to wake me instantly, to hear the sound fade away from the single spoken word. Like I said, IF.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jimmy Steward and Donna Reed dancing . . .

That's how I see current events, for the past number of decades, closer to the edge, then dancing away, then closer still, then dancing away . . .

One day all this is going into the drink! But which sashay? I don't know!

Much love!

Reactions: lforrest

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one where I stole a single seater space ship from a guy's garage as I was being chased by FBI hit men, so I got away to this planetoid sort of place, was like several square miles of town and country laid out on a slab of rock, floating in space maybe outside the asteroid belt, all the machinery underneath. I lived there for a couple of weeks, skulking about in the back ways, staying out of sight, mostly in this old barn style garage much like the one in my childhood, till I figured I could fly back to earth, so I did, and parked the guy's thing in his driveway. This was maybe 10 years ago . . . guessing here. I could add a lot more detail, but I'm more into the burning dream right now.

LoL! I love dreams. They're often so creative : )

I'd have to know what was going on in your life at the time you had this one, because many are tied to current events. But it sounds like you were looking into someone's ministry or Christian life, and considered it worth exploring, likely during a time when you were facing opposition for some of the things you believed.

Just guessing, but that's what a dream like that suggests.